Silayev, Lindstrom, Catton, Iginla, Parekh, Eiserman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Habs pick

• Silayev

• Lindstrom

• Catton

• Iginla

• Parekh

• Eiserman

• other (who?)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
In the grand scheme of things, Halak may have been enough to accomplish the same as Price, and you draft a forward. I'm still pissed at last year's draft, but I'm sure they will do the right thing this year.
You’re going to get shit for this, but if the team had picked Kopitar instead of Price, I don’t think it’s too crazy of an idea.

The problem is though, that they wouldn’t have picked Kopitar. The story goes that Trevor Timmins wanted Brule, but was overruled by Gainey in favour of Price.

Reportedly Gainey had a friend who worked with the Tri-City Americans organization, and was convinced by the guy to draft Price. Timmins was livid about it, or so it goes.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Size/build, strengths and weaknesses, attributes, style of game, visual similarities/eye test, production, both late risers.
Size build….about the same…this means nothing

Strength and weaknesses…..what are they?
attributes….what similar attributes do they possess?

Style of game…….what are the similarities between their games?

Production….KK was at .5PPG vs Sennecke at over1.0PPG….also produced in the playoffs and KK did not for Assat Pori

Late risers….sure

I’m asking because many posters see Sennecke as a legit prospect and you don’t so maybe you seeing something they aren’t

Your clarification would be appreciated

Reactions: ZUKI and Runner77

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Size build….about the same…this means nothing

Strength and weaknesses…..what are they?
attributes….what similar attributes do they possess?

Style of game…….what are the similarities between their games?

Production….KK was at .5PPG vs Sennecke at over1.0PPG….also produced in the playoffs and KK did not for Assat Pori

Late risers….sure

I’m asking because many posters see Sennecke as a legit prospect and you don’t so maybe you seeing something they aren’t

Your clarification would be appreciated
To be clear, I was talking about a Pouliot comparison, not KK. Although there are some similarities with KK as well (type of pick, late risers, the “if he puts it all together” narrative, etc).

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
You’re going to get shit for this, but if the team had picked Kopitar instead of Price, I don’t think it’s too crazy of an idea.

The problem is though, that they wouldn’t have picked Kopitar. The story goes that Trevor Timmins wanted Brule, but was overruled by Gainey in favour of Price.

Reportedly Gainey had a friend who worked with the Tri-City Americans organization, and was convinced by the guy to draft Price. Timmins was livid about it, or so it goes.
Timmins................spent too much time with Pee-Air Maguire.....

Anyhow, we all know Price was the right pick...............Gauthier and then Bergevin were the wrong picks to build a team in front of Price...............................and here we are.

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
What are the parallels?

You’re pissed at an unknown ending…let it play out and judge the results
just my gut feeling , still doesn’t feel right hope I eat a big fat turd sand which and the kid is a 1st pair dman at some point

Yeah I doubt Timmons would have got it right anyways true enough

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
In the grand scheme of things, Halak may have been enough to accomplish the same as Price, and you draft a forward. I'm still pissed at last year's draft, but I'm sure they will do the right thing this year.
One was a HOFer. We just needed to surround him better. The opportunity for a cup was there.

Anyways, new window, new crew... I'm optimistic now. It sure would be nice to have Price to go with the new team. Nice to dream anyways.

Reactions: Habs

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

Gainey....he was also convinced to pick that dman Fisher( ? ) instead of Giroux . André Savard was destroyed because he was pushing for Giroux. The lost of Beauchemin, the trade of Mcdo for Gomez . :madfire:

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Gainey....he was also convinced to pick that dman Fisher( ? ) instead of Giroux . André Savard was destroyed because he was pushing for Giroux. The lost of Beauchemin, the trade of Mcdo for Gomez . :madfire:
Convinced by none other than Timmins lmao, likely because of how pissed Timmins was over being overruled the prior year.

Reactions: Habs

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
One was a HOFer. We just needed to surround him better. The opportunity for a cup was there.

Anyways, new window, new crew... I'm optimistic now. It sure would be nice to have Price to go with the new team. Nice to dream anyways.

It always pissed me off how this franchise of legends always hires the ex-dolts to come back and never the legends. Jesus god the pool of talent they had to help coach, guide, develop and the last 30 years they come up with Houle, Tremblay and Bergevin Mother of god , I mean really.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Convinced by none other than Timmins lmao, likely because of how pissed Timmins was over being overruled the prior year.
false it wasn't Timmins , i don't remember the name of the guy because he was a kind of no-name scouting in the area where that Fisher was playing. Gainey's tenure was so bad. Just imagine Habs getting Beauchemin, Mcdo, Giroux and Kopitar :naughty::naughty::naughty:

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
It always pissed me off how this franchise of legends always hires the ex-dolts to come back and never the legends. Jesus god the pool of talent they had to help coach, guide, develop and the last 30 years they come up with Houle, Tremblay and Bergevin Mother of god , I mean really.

Ignoring Larry Robinson to sign JJ was one of the worst things

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
The story at the time of the draft was that Timmins had Price as best player available, and the next in line was Staal. He asked Gainey whether they should go skip the BPA because he was a goalie and they had Theodore and Gainey said no, just go with the BPA.

Kopitar was never in the cards and Gainey never overruled Timmins in any draft.

Reactions: quarter450

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Houle-Tremblay were hired by Corey and Houle was his Muppet . André Savard did a good job but it was destroyed by legend Gainey ...You can say what you want about Bergevin, but without the repetitive injuries to Price and Weber, and then the NHL records of games missed by Habs players , he would have recorded a very different result. Of course, it doesn't count because Bergy's traded Sergachev for Drouin so...

I prefer this trade to the one of Gomez, to the one of Ribiero who put a 84 points season. Agree to disagree :laugh:

Ignoring Larry Robinson to sign JJ was one of the worst things
no. sorry

Reactions: Habs and mdk

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
The story at the time of the draft was that Timmins had Price as best player available, and the next in line was Staal. He asked Gainey whether they should go skip the BPA because he was a goalie and they had Theodore and Gainey said no, just go with the BPA.

Kopitar was never in the cards and Gainey never overruled Timmins in any draft.
I don’t trust a word Trevor Timmins says regarding past drafts. He always says he was overruled on the bad picks, but takes full credit for the few that worked out. What a coincidence.

What he doesn’t realize is that the majority of picks under his tenure, especially first rounders, were bad, so if the team wasn’t listening to him the majority of the time, why was he even head scout, and how did he stay employed for so long? It makes no sense, and actually undermines his reputation either way.

The simple explanation is that he simply lies about past drafts, and doesn’t want to take responsibility for his bad picks. He has every reason to lie, considering he is still working in the NHL, and there is very little downside or risk of any fallout or consequences in doing so because there’s no way to verify it and no former coworker is going to start any drama over something so long ago.

Reactions: Barriwhite and bsl

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
false it wasn't Timmins , i don't remember the name of the guy because he was a kind of no-name scouting in the area where that Fisher was playing. Gainey's tenure was so bad. Just imagine Habs getting Beauchemin, Mcdo, Giroux and Kopitar :naughty::naughty::naughty:
Vaughn Karpan.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Didn't the Habs draft Beauchemin in 1998?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Didn't the Habs draft Beauchemin in 1998?
Beauchemin won the SC the next year, pairing with a great D.
I and few others wanted to bring that point but the numerous Gainey supporters here defended him and minimized the Beauchemin hockey IQ, skills and overall career. If I remember well, Gainey didn't want to sacrifice Popovic (or another sub talented D, Traverse for example) and prefered expose Beauchemin on the waivers. That was a top run Bob, sadly in the most idiotic move. Gainey can beat Bergevin in the worst moves.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I and few others wanted to bring that point but the numerous Gainey supporters here defended him and minimized the Beauchemin hockey IQ, skills and overall career. If I remember well, Gainey didn't want to sacrifice Popovic (or another sub talented D, Traverse for example) and prefered expose Beauchemin on the waivers. That was a top run Bob, sadly in the most idiotic move. Gainey can beat Bergevin in the worst moves.
Didn't Gainey try and slide Hainsey through waivers as well? Imo Bob Gainey was a substandard GM.
He did very little right before and after his daughters tragic untimely passing.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax

Didn't Gainey try and slide Hainsey through waivers as well? Imo Bob Gainey was a substandard GM.
He did very little right before and after his daughters tragic untimely passing.

The entire league had a gentleman's agreement that due to the lock-out, they wouldn't claim each others players on waivers. Columbus did it anyway.

Reactions: Tyson

bsl

Oct 9, 2009

Why would price be hof? He never won a cup. (Ducks down ready for onslaught)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad