Seravalli: Significant interest in Texier, Columbus asking for 1st and roster player

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I wouldn't call Boeser for Texier + Ceulemans absurd. Seems fair enough. Probably just wouldn't make sense for Columbus because "sniping winger" is not a need.
I would have thought the most basic of preparatory research would reveal that that's One Of The Last Things We Need for Something We Desperately Have To Hang On To in the context of discussing an asset that has a set price. Like, if you're going to go off the obvious path, at least look at your destination first.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What is the story here? I can't say that with the shit year my team's having, I've spent much time watching another team that's having a rough year, but why would they be looking to deal him?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
The difference between Chytil and Texier is not a f***ing 1st. Chytil last season had 22 points in 42 games without PP time and strictly 3C minutes, also outproducing both his most common line mates.

Texier has 20 points in 36 games this season with PP and top 6 time. He hasn’t even surpassed Chytil’s best season

Both are nearly the exact same age too
Lets be clear…..very little top 6 and PP time. Much of his season was on the 4th line

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
why is CBJ moving on from him? seems like a good player to build around?
I don't think we are. The impression I'm left with is that lots of folks are interested, and we're not just telling them immediately to go away and leave us alone, but we are quoting a price that might seem a little high because we'd prefer to keep the kid. Like a "well, if you want to pay us that much for him, we'll let you" type deal.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
I don't think we are. The impression I'm left with is that lots of folks are interested, and we're not just telling them immediately to go away and leave us alone, but we are quoting a price that might seem a little high because we'd prefer to keep the kid. Like a "well, if you want to pay us that much for him, we'll let you" type deal.
Ah ok. Thx

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
taking calls means hes for sale.
Uh, no, it does not. GMs take calls all the time on players. A bad GM is one that doesn't listen. If another GM is dumb enough to offer something that exceed the value of the player on your team, they take it. Making calls means he's available. One letter changes the meaning quite a bit.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
The difference between Chytil and Texier is not a f***ing 1st. Chytil last season had 22 points in 42 games without PP time and strictly 3C minutes, also outproducing both his most common line mates.

Texier has 20 points in 36 games this season with PP and top 6 time. He hasn’t even surpassed Chytil’s best season

if top 6 = 4th line and if by 0:00 min of PP time = well... PP time, then you are correct. Different players and apparently in different situations. I guess his performance is terrible given his place in lineup and on the PP.

Reactions: majormajor

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
GMs think that player values go up like gas prices. Maybe we can get a 2nd rounder for Dekeyser, he is really good at.......................................................................

I think people are inflating the value of draft picks actually.

We don't even know if Shane Wright is going to be a 1st line caliber player, so why would we trade a very effective 22 year old forward (who we don't even know the ceiling of yet) for a mid 1st draft pick that might be a bottom sixer or even nothing?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Delete. Its all been said

Last edited:

summer tooth

Aug 10, 2020
We need another big defensive/net presence type of centreman like boone jenner, even if they don't score much. Don't really see how trading texy could help accomplish that but who knows.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad