"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk

GreatGonzo

Surrounded by Snowflakes
May 26, 2011
South Of the Tank
0 points in the two biggest games of his career. 0 cups.
how would you qualify what is or isn’t a “big game.” Games 4 and 5, Edmonton was facing elimination…those aren’t “important games?”

Also, Tkchuk had 0 points in games 6 and 7 and was a -3….

The fact that people actually believe he had more an impact on his team than McDavid did is beyond me :laugh:

Reactions: Doubty

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Wouldn't matter, McBaby would still be a choker. Imagine scoring 11 points in the SCF and thinking that's enough. Laughable really, a good player would've scored at least double that.
Keep making my point. Keep your best player in the universe and second best player in the universe. That’s all you’ll have. 0 cups

Doubty

Mar 25, 2021
0 points in the two biggest games of his career. 0 cups.
It was Mcdavid's team's first finals ever. Last year panthers were in the finals as well but they didn't win, just like Oilers now. And Oilers made it to the game seven, unlike Panthers last year. Now they know what it takes to win the cup. Next year McDavid will take what deserves to him, and it will be brutal to watch him dominate everyone even more than this year. He will be an UNSTOPPABLE force for years to come. Mark my words, take a print screen and you can send me that print screen in a private message and laugh at me if I was wrong. Or make a thread and make me a laughing stock.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
Keep making my point. Keep your best player in the universe and second best player in the universe. That’s all you’ll have. 0 cups
Are you suggesting the Oilers may need better depth? WOW you might be onto something there. How didn't anyone think of this before?

And here I was thinking Darnell Nurse and Cody Ceci were the perfect guys to lead a team to the cup.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
So happy for the Tkachuks.

1000000107.jpg

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
He actually didn't do a whole lot to prevent Edmonton from winning, but that'll end up getting lost to history at some point.

Pretty lucky that Florida won, or a bright light would be shining on the 3 points in 7 games, points in only 2 of 7, no impact in game 7, and blowing a 3-0 series lead.
Better than that, after the EMP his legend will grow where Bobrovsky was out of position and Tkachuck made 20 straight saves in game 7 to stop the Oilers from tying the game. :laugh::laugh:

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
I don't hate it. It was a fun little jab. His team earned some bragging rights and he didn't actually insult anyone. I liked his postgame interview - he seemed overcome with emotion, but still well spoken and didn't come across as an asshole. Congrats again. He's a guy that teams love to hate. I wish my Sharks or Habs had a player like him.
Knowing he could be a Canuck breaks my heart to this day.
His dad gave me a stick when I was 10 after going to a jets game wearing a nucks uni I had gotten for Christmas, the jets mascot at the time started jokingly hockey style play fighting me and a drunk asshole threw a hotdog at us getting my uni signed by Bure full of condiments. People were laughing at me, my Dad flipped out, it was traumatizing lol. Happy ending tho the jets PR department got me Keith's stick and jersey signed by the team. So when Benning passed on Matthew, I was choked.

There's a video of him and Bennet pouring beer out of the cup down to a fan from the second floor of the bar they were at and the dude actually got most of it in his mouth.

Reactions: CanadienShark

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Actually feel bad for Flames fans for the first time in my life. Guy who set your franchise back for who knows how many years gives you a shout out after winning a cup with the team he demanded to be traded to. This is like if Pronger thanked Edmonton in 2007.

Reactions: CantHaveTkachev

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad