"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk, and other chirping of his

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
200w.gif
Heads up. Going to make a post on the trade boards. Follow along now, come little puppy come. Should be a banger of a hot take for you to think about all week long.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
hahah love it

It's a good chirp, but a bit weird to create some solidarity with a fanbase when you demanded to be traded out of there
he likely still is followed and see's positive messages from some of the Calgary fanbase. Im sure there are alot who dislike him now but people forgive. even Vince Carter got a standing ovation in the end after like his entire career being brutally booed here

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Let’s be real. He did f*** all in the BoA series. Barely did f*** all in this SCFs series. Dude doesn’t have the ability to let or not let Edmonton do anything. He’s just talking out of his ass taking credit for things he doesn’t deserve.

Yup.

“Shout out to my fans in Calgary, you know I couldn’t let Edmonton win, except that one time when I played for the Flames and ghosted in a reverse sweep of the best Flames team in decades right before demanding out in a trade that sewered the team.”

once a Flame, always a Flame

• Haha
Reactions: Slapshot_11

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Yup.

“Shout out to my fans in Calgary, you know I couldn’t let Edmonton win, except that one time when I played for the Flames and ghosted in a reverse sweep of the best Flames team in decades right before demanding out in a trade that sewered the team.”

once a Flame, always a Flame
Tkachuk claiming to have stopped Edmonton is like if Nuge claimed he single handedly stopped the Stars, Kings, and Nucks. Nuge had a similar level impact for his team than Tkachuk had.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Play for a franchise for 8 more years and help them win vs. Leave that franchise on his own accord, reject Flames fans and their city, and help some totally unrelated team on the opposite side of the continent win a Cup.

Yeh pretty much the same thing. Lots to celebrate today as a flames fan. Monumental achievements really. Im happy for them.

Last edited:

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Play for a franchise for 8 more years and help them win vs. Leave that franchise on his own accord, reject Flames fans and their city, and help some totally unrelated team on the opposite side of the continent win a Cup.

Yeh pretty much the same thing. Lots to celebrate today as a flames fan. Momental achievements really. Im happy for them.
"he still loves us despite rejecting our team and city! what a guy!"
- Flames fans

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
MT is funny, classic troll of the entire city. Oiler fans might not find it as funny which I understand but as a non Oiler fan its kind of funny sports comment/troll job IMO.
It shows his love for the game, his love for a good rivalry, and that he still cares for the Calgary fans that supported him.

Based on the responses in here he struck a nerve with Oiler fans, well done Chucky, well done.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I think it is a funny thing for Thachuk to say and he is a great heel.

He did leave the Flames in what now looks like their own decade of darkness but if their fans can overlook that and still cheer for him more power to them I guess lol

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Imagine having 9 top ten picks in a ten year span, including 4 first overalls, and having nothing to show for it
You were just waiting for your first opportunity post finals to trot this out, huh. We just lost in game 7 of the finals. We may not have won the cup, but you and your fanbase would give almost anything for another deep run. Sorry we derailed your only chance of that since 2004.

It's OK, you'll know the sting of irrelevance for another decade at least.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
Let’s be real. He did f*** all in the BoA series. Barely did f*** all in this SCFs series. Dude doesn’t have the ability to let or not let Edmonton do anything. He’s just talking out of his ass taking credit for things he doesn’t deserve.
Conversely, we have strong evidence that he has the makings as a Cup champion. Because he won the Cup

Mar 26, 2010
Let’s be real. Tkachuk 1 cup, McDavid 0 Cup.

Reactions: MPGA

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Flames fans tend not to obsessively run guys down as soon as they've left town, unlike certain other places. Know that's hard for some to wrap their heads around but Matty does still have a lot of fans in this city. He traded it in for sunshine, flip flops, jet skis, no state tax, and now a Stanley Cup. Gotta respect that finessing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad