"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk, and other chirping of his

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ShootIt

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 8, 2008
tbh though,

What did the flames ever do to him?

HE's the one who decided to jump ship. He wasn't traded away or anything like that.

He was drafted there, fans loved him, etc, and HE, decided to jump ship.

Didn't he want a long term deal and Flames offered him a bridge contract after his ELC?

*Don't know if that was debunked later on.

Reactions: Figgy44

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
tbh though,

What did the flames ever do to him?

HE's the one who decided to jump ship. He wasn't traded away or anything like that.

He was drafted there, fans loved him, etc, and HE, decided to jump ship.
I'm not sure I'm following here. He didn't take a shot at Calgary and I think he left on good terms. I'm praising his personality here and wishing the Habs or Sharks had a player like him.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It's a good chirp, but a bit weird to create some solidarity with a fanbase when you demanded to be traded out of there

Reactions: River Meadow

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
It's a good chirp, but a bit weird to create some solidarity with a fanbase when you demanded to be traded out of there

Exactly.

It's like a girlfriend who left you in a BAD way, did you dirty, and pretends in public that y'all are cool.

Nah, we ain't cool fam.

FOH.

Reactions: popo

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
if he wanted to play for Calgary, we would've re-signed
he asked for a trade in 2022

Matthew Tkachuk was on ownerships and management.

As a Flames fan who has met him on numerous times, I am very happy for him. He always took time to chat and he was very kind, both of my sons had pictures taken with him. One time he was in a rush and I had both my sons meeting him, I was about to tell my kids let's go but he said "what about a picture."

Very happy for you Matthew Tkachuk.

https://res.cloudinary.com/ybmedia/...-matthew-tkachuk-great-postgame-interview.jpg

Last edited:

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Would’ve been better if he said it in Calgary. Feels like empty words and lip service, but good for him or whatever.

Im happy Bennett got his cup. I’ll just say that lol.

• Haha
Reactions: sanscosm

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Matthew Tkachuk was on ownerships and management.

As a Flames fan who has met him on numerous times, I am very happy for him. He always took time to chat and he was very kind, both of my sons had pictures taken with him. One time he was in a rush and I had both my sons, I was about to tell my kids let's but he said "what about a picture."

Very happy for you Matthew Tkachuk.

https://res.cloudinary.com/ybmedia/...-matthew-tkachuk-great-postgame-interview.jpg
so "good guy" Matt Tkachuk still wanted out of Calgary

• Haha
Reactions: Three On Zero

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018

This thread shouldn't have derailed into a Tavares discussion but all I see is Tavares stating he wants to remain an Islander, not that he will. His public comments are the standard one part negotiation + one part PR.

And if anyone has a direct quote from one of the principals where Tavares told Islanders that he's staying feel free to share. Point being, there's a big difference between "I want to stay" and "I'm not going anywhere".

As for Tkachuk, nice troll. I still don't like him but respect what he does.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
No he did not, ownership and management that ran Matthew Tkachuk out of Calgary.
Yeah only a minor coincidence that he left just after Johnny did.

Credit to Tkachuk he knew the writing was on the wall but I wouldn't praise him if I were a Flames fan since he and Johnny sent the team spiraling into mediocrity combined with shitty ownership and management.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008

Credit to Tkachuk he knew the writing was on the wall but I wouldn't praise him if I were a Flames fan since he and Johnny sent the team spiraling into mediocrity combined with shitty ownership and management

Credit to Tkachuk he knew the writing was on the wall but I wouldn't praise him if I were a Flames fan since he and Johnny sent the team spiraling into mediocrity combined with shitty ownership and management.

Flames fans should praise him, he told management, that he was leaving and the Flames got something out of it. It is not Tkachuk's fault that the Flames f***ed up with what they did with return.

The whole Johnny and Tkachuk situation was on ownership, the rebuild have lasted longer but ownership interfered.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad