"Shout out to my fans in Calgary. You know I couldn't let Edmonton win." - Matthew Tkachuk, and other chirping of his

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Flames management f***ed around with bridge contracts, traded Bennett, Johnny ghosted us so Tkachuk giving us a year's notice for a trade and trying to work out a nice package for the team doesn't really put him in our bad books. If he had ghosted us like Johnny that would be different.

Sucks bc all three wanted to be here.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Flames management f***ed around with bridge contracts, traded Bennett, Johnny ghosted us so Tkachuk giving us a year's notice for a trade and trying to work out a nice package for the team doesn't really put him in our bad books. If he had ghosted us like Johnny that would be different.

Sucks bc all three wanted to be here.
no they didn't....if they did, they would have re-signed

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Tkachuk is giving the playbook on how not to be hated when you leave.

He was up front. Gave the team options and let them make a good trade (not his fault huby turned into a potato).

Marner should take notes if he wants to be MT or JT if he isn’t staying

Exactly. Islanders fans never cared about him leaving, it was the lying and blocking of a deadline trade beforehand that turned a business transaction into something foul.

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
What part of management f***ed them over did you not get

Gaudreau and Chucky both asked for long term contracts and instead got bridges which really soured the relationship
those are called excuses for not re-signing

Gaudreau was gonna get PAID after having a career season in 2021-22...same with Tkachuk
money wasn't the issue

We know that happened, what is your source for saying they wanted out?
who's need sources when we got proof? I saw Tkachuk play last night
saw Gaudreau play with CBJ this year

• Haha
Reactions: RogerRoger

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
We know that happened, what is your source for saying they wanted out?
That Gaudreau took less money to go to Columbus? That's pretty compelling evidence. I think it was 100% because Canadians were so scared of covid they desired to remove people's freedom and livelihood, but Gaudreau definitely went from wanting to be here before that to leaving after. So did a lot of other people who highly value personal autonomy.

• Haha
Reactions: AlainVigneaultsGum

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
those are called excuses for not re-signing

Gaudreau was gonna get PAID after having a career season in 2021-22...same with Tkachuk
money wasn't the issue

who's need sources when we got proof? I saw Tkachuk play last night
saw Gaudreau play with CBJ this year

Whatever you want to call it. Not every player is willing to put up with terrible management for their careers.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Didn't he want a long term deal and Flames offered him a bridge contract after his ELC?

*Don't know if that was debunked later on.
This is correct. Tkachuk wanted to sign a big 8 yr deal in 2019. Treliving pushed a bridge deal instead. On top of that, they decided to go captain-less rather than name him as the guy (the obvious choice in many people’s opinion).

As a Flames fan, I really don’t blame him for wanting out, he did it the right way.

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Played well in game 5 but was a ghost the rest of the series. Best part was him calling a game 5 win and taking the L alongside a diving penalty.
Flames franchise was just playing 4d chess to block the cup from going to Edmonton :sarcasm:.
I wouldn't cheer for a rival either but you know there isn't much to cheer about in cowtown these days when you have to rally behind a star player that quit on your franchise while you were a contender. Which then cascaded into one of the ugliest rebuilds/retools we might ever see.

If I was a Flames fan I sure as hell wouldn't cheer for the oilers but tkachuck would be right below them on my list of who to cheer for. To each their own.

• Haha
Reactions: pb1300

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
Bennett had a lot more to do with this series win than Tkachuk did. He destroyed Edmonton physically. Crazy how physical he is for an average size player. That said, Tkachuk helped get them to the finals. He has a lot of trouble with Edmonton's speed.

For all the shit he took for not being able to do a pull-up - the dude just f***ing smashes people. One of the best hitters in the entire league.

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
For all the shit he took for not being able to do a pull-up - the dude just f***ing smashes people. One of the best hitters in the entire league.
Pound for pound he's one of the top fighters in the league too. He demolished Nurse when he was 6'0" 180 pounds giving up 40 pounds and 4 inches. I freaking love Bennett. I respect Tkachuk's game, but never loved him. He's a smart player on and off the ice, but he never liked it here. Bennett did, but just a combination of injury, opportunity and his own challenges figuring out what he was led to his trade request.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00