Should Kinkaid start Monday night in Toronto?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdss4

Mar 7, 2011
Anaheim
Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice
How many of those saying Devils should start Kinkaid (not a single minute of NHL experience) used to say Hedberg should start over Brodeur?

End of discussion...no.

TG's opinion is the end-all-be-all of hockey knowledge? I don't think so.

Hedberg can't start every game, so why not give Kincaid a try? Isn't he supposed to be the future of the team's goaltending anyway? I don't think it would be a good idea to play Hedberg 3 games in 4 days, no matter who the other goalie is.

apice3*

Kinkaid won't be a regular, even as a backup, for at least 2 more years based on goalie contracts.

If he sucks - his confidence could get rattled.
If he's stellar - he's going back to Albany for 2 years anyway, so what do we get out of it?

Maybe start him if Hedberg gets tired during the 3 games in 4 day stretch, but there's no reason for it tomorrow.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
I hope Pete is not listening. If Moose puts up a stinker in the next game give him a shot and see how he reacts and the team to him. Still doesn't mean he sould start the next game.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Kinkaid won't be a regular, even as a backup, for at least 2 more years based on goalie contracts.

If he's stellar - he's going back to Albany for 2 years anyway, so what do we get out of it?

Maybe start him if Hedberg gets tired during the 3 games in 4 day stretch, but there's no reason for it tomorrow.

Moose has been named the starter for tomorrow.
The poll is for Monday's game in Toronto.

apice3*

Well then the timing of this poll is silly. What if Hedberg pitches a shutout tomorrow?

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Anyone but Frazee.. Not even sure why that guy is still a pro hockey player.. Every time I see him play he sucks

Frazee is not even a consideration in organization discussions as the heir apparent to Marty.

He is a bust.

Kinkaid and Wedgewood will get a chance.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think yes. Might as well see what he can do. The team has been flat, Moose has been average to poor. It could go poorly, but it could also go really well.

I've also always been a big supported of Marty, even during his lowest points. Not everyone who thinks Kinkaid should get a game are the same people who always yell for Moose to play over Marty.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Well then the timing of this poll is silly. What if Hedberg pitches a shutout tomorrow?

25 people disagree with you already.

Would be great for a Moose shutout tomorrow.

If Marty is not ready on Tuesday do we want Moose playing so much with little rest in between?

apice3*

I mean, maybe I'm looking into it too much but I feel like results of this poll would be different if it was posted 24 hours from now.

DatBoyJPP

Good Night
Jul 30, 2009
Blairstown

It would be great for him to play a game in the NHL to see where he stands then if there's a flaw exposed he can spend some time in Albany working on it.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I think there would be more pressure on him to make his first start at home.

He let's in a soft one early and fans will turn on him.

Oroku Saki*

Honestly, the team might tighten up in a good way with a fern in goal. I wouldn't be too opposed to it but we need a win badly.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
If the Devils lose tomorrow, then my vote is yes 100%. Even if Hedberg plays amazing tomorrow but the team still ends up losing then my vote will still be yes. The team needs a shakeup (assuming they lose tomorrow) and something to wake them up. If playing a rookie goalie is that thing then why the hell not? They aren't winning with Hedberg in net either so I see no reason to not at least take a 1 game chance on the kid.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL

I disagree on both accounts. Nobody expects him to come in and steal the show in his first career start as a 23 year old.

If he plays great and wins, amazing.

If he plays poorly and loses, no big deal. He's a prospect. He heads back to Albany with a cool story to tell and a chip on his shoulder.

If he plays great and loses, well, we likely would have lost with Moose anyway.

ghoti

Grind Time
Sep 18, 2005
I would start Moose every game until Marty gets back - even back to backs.

Jedi

Jul 20, 2010
North Jersey
I think the answer has to be conditional.

Is Marty playing Tuesday? Then no. Let Moose start.

But if Marty can't go, then put the kid in. Moose playing 3 times in 4 days seems like a very bad idea.

VaxjoDevil

No kids - Still a person
Nov 11, 2009
Princeton, NJ
No. We have Moose for a reason, and he has to get his **** together and get back to what he can do. He's not exactly the first goalie in the history of hockey going through a bit of a funk. Pete will continue to have faith in him, and rightly so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad