• No

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Close the thread, DA just flipped the roster for a lot of value. Let the man do his thing.
Eh, he was forced to do so.

Couple tdl + off-season bad moves + let players walk for nothing. Acquired player's which doesn't fit on team + bad contracts.

There should be discussion is he capable re-tool this team back to contender?

We don't have player's which fits Chief's game book. We are leaning more to quick, small'ish players rather what we had on Cup year. Defense 1st type of players.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Close the thread, DA just flipped the roster for a lot of value. Let the man do his thing.

He arguably got less for ROR and Acciari than Nashville got for Jeannot. And he was the one that assembled the roster which needed to be flipped. It was mostly luck that we happened to get bad at the right time: strong upcoming draft and Seller's market fueled by Eastern Conference Arms race. Let's see what he does with all this value, because right now it isn't doing anything to help us get better.

Not saying he needs to go, but people who think that should have a place to discuss it.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
He arguably got less for ROR and Acciari than Nashville got for Jeannot. And he was the one that assembled the roster which needed to be flipped. It was mostly luck that we happened to get bad at the right time: strong upcoming draft and Seller's market fueled by Eastern Conference Arms race. Let's see what he does with all this value, because right now it isn't doing anything to help us get better.

Not saying he needs to go, but people who think that should have a place to discuss it.
Jeannot isn’t a rental, he is low cost guy with control. That said, while it was great trade for Preds, return is less than it appears bc the better picks are in future years. How long until 25 1st is ready?

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
Jeannot isn’t a rental, he is low cost guy with control. That said, while it was great trade for Preds, return is less than it appears bc the better picks are in future years. How long until 25 1st is ready?

Agreed. That is why I said arguably. But it is something worth discussing, and what better place to discuss than this thread right here. That is better than closing it down just because some people disagree that Armstrong needs to go.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
If we closed down every thread that folks disagreed with premise this would be quiet place.

People always want to shut down discussion. I don't get it. "Stop talking about Pietrangelo", "stop being negative", "Armstrong is perfect, stop saying he isn't". I just don't understand why people don't want to hear contrary opinions I'd much rather be the guy in the meme sitting with cup of coffee and a sign that says "[Whatever he believes].....change my mind" than wall myself off in an echo chamber of my own thoughts bouncing back to me.

7cmtlx.jpg

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
People always want to shut down discussion. I don't get it. "Stop talking about Pietrangelo", "stop being negative", "Armstrong is perfect, stop saying he isn't". I just don't understand why people don't want to hear contrary opinions I'd much rather be the guy in the meme sitting with cup of coffee and a sign that says "[Whatever he believes].....change my mind" than wall myself off in an echo chamber of my own thoughts bouncing back to me.

7cmtlx.jpg
Exactly. I thought half the fun of forums like this was explaining to people why they are wrong!

Reactions: Xerloris

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
If we all agreed why bother talking to each other? I like to see/hear differing opinions and even the occasionally stupid as f*** opinion that nearly everyone already knows is stupid as f***.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

BuffaloSabresSword

May 11, 2011
Seem like the gm just did some really good trades and that blues still have a good roster . 3 first picks and also dean. Would be very happy if I was Blue fan

Then he also wonn the cup

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
that blues still have a good roster .

:laugh: :laugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh: Oh, you were serious. Oh no, our roster's crap now.

We don't have a #1 Dman, we don't even have 2 clear top pair guys. We have 1 D who can handle any defensive assignment and the entire rest of the D core needs to be sheltered by that 1 guy. We have a couple guys who could play on a top line, but nobody to carry one, and we have no offensive depth after. All out prospects play wing and we have no 2C or 3C. And we have no cap space to fix any of it.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
:laugh: :laugh: :biglaugh::biglaugh: Oh, you were serious. Oh no, our roster's crap now.

We don't have a #1 Dman, we don't even have 2 clear top pair guys. We have 1 D who can handle any defensive assignment and the entire rest of the D core needs to be sheltered by that 1 guy. We have a couple guys who could play on a top line, but nobody to carry one, and we have no offensive depth after. All out prospects play wing and we have no 2C or 3C. And we have no cap space to fix any of it.
Yet :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Reactions: Louie the Blue

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Every blues fan needs to read the first few pages of this thread, look at the dates they were posted and then remind yourself of who said armstrong was making a crappy team and then compare that to who was defending him saying team chemistry is not important and people like chuckie and perron wont make a big difference this season.

the posters who were on the right side of things and called out what a miserable job army was doing, need to be commended and remembered as we enter the next stage of cap hell due to doug armstrong. you should listen to every post they make moving forward.

Reactions: Ranksu

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland

PdPD.gif

Dec 15, 2002
I've made my thoughts on Armstrong clear numerous times, and even I think "he should have unloaded Krug at the expansion draft instead of Dunn - that's a damning indictment of him, it's more grounds for him to be fired" is a ridiculous take.

ChicagoBlues

Terraformers
Oct 24, 2006
Every blues fan needs to read the first few pages of this thread, look at the dates they were posted and then remind yourself of who said armstrong was making a crappy team and then compare that to who was defending him saying team chemistry is not important and people like chuckie and perron wont make a big difference this season.

the posters who were on the right side of things and called out what a miserable job army was doing, need to be commended and remembered as we enter the next stage of cap hell due to doug armstrong. you should listen to every post they make moving forward.
This is kinda silly, brah. Going behind others to bust them out is wasting your own time. Think of it that way.

All perspectives are correct. My perspective on something cannot possibly exist unless its exact polar opposite opinion exists. The "correctness" of each perspective depends on your point of attention.

To take that a bit further, if we remove the color white from the range of colors that we can perceive, then the color black will automatically disappear with it.

We are stuck with perpetual dualities that define us and the world around us. Positive cannot exist without negative. Love/hate etc....

Armstrong sucks is just as valid as Armstrong doesn't suck. Can't have one without the other.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad