Should Doug Armstrong get fired?

• Yes

Votes: 26 37.7%
  • No

Votes: 43 62.3%

• Total voters

Snubbed4Vezina

Jul 9, 2022
Not butthurt by the Petro situation, but the Perron one still stings. Made me realize there is very little loyalty in pro sports, even though the PR departments spin a good tale.
That died for me the day Albert Pujols signed with the Angels. Since then I lost a lot of sentimentality which is probably why I understood the Perron decision and would still defend it to this day.

Reactions: Frenzy31

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
How is this still a thing after 24 pages???

Hope this thread gets shut down before July of 2023
u realize the major reason we picked 10th and sold off last season was because of his decisions to overpay for people (Krug, Binner, Kyrou, Scandella) and then refused to sign key cogs like perron and chuckie then traded heart and soul guys like sunny. then he dumpster dived for scrubs like leivo and pitlick to fill those slots.

armstrong is reason #1 that last years team was the most unlikeable garbage team in recent blues history.

Reactions: execwrite1

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
u realize the major reason we picked 10th and sold off last season was because of his decisions to overpay for people (Krug, Binner, Kyrou, Scandella) and then refused to sign key cogs like perron and chuckie then traded heart and soul guys like sunny. then he dumpster dived for scrubs like leivo and pitlick to fill those slots.

armstrong is reason #1 that last years team was the most unlikeable garbage team in recent blues history.

I think you mean the coaching, not Armstrong.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010

Binnington is an average goalie. Is he overpaid? Yes. But that’s not why the team was bad.

Kyrou, despite your claims, isn’t overpaid. He has room to improve defensively but he’s great offensively.

Scandella/Krug are the crux of the issues and have been discussed ad nauseum.

I don’t get your obsession with Lindgren. He was average with the Capitals last year. Signing him would’ve blocked any future for Hofer.

Letting Perron walk and not having someone capable of replacing him defensively exacerbated the flaws.

I think the roster was and still is flawed, but it shouldn’t be as bad as last year. I am skeptical of how good the defense can be if no improvements are brought in and the forwards’ defensive play is still crap.

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Do you think they don't talk enough or to much? If it's to much how do you think someone in between will stop them from having shit to say to each other?

The best groups at the highest level operate and vote in 3’s and there are reasons for this. Army needs it and so does Stillman.

DeuceNine

Like You Read About
Aug 6, 2006
Stymieville
I mean, the guy that assembles the team will always ultimately bear responsibility. Contracts and the team's long-term financial health overrode the unrealistic "opportunity" to win last year. Armstrong does not allow players to hamstring the franchise and yes, we can armchair the Petro situation all we want, but that's an outlier. Armstrong brought us a Cup four short years ago, and that buys him all the time he deserves within reason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad