Confirmed with Link: Shayne Gostisbehere to Carolina for a 2026 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I would be surprised if we are actually done.

2.6 million is still plenty. Move Coghlan and we have 3.368 million.
Yep, and with retention, or even double retention, that could be a very good scoring forward. not saying it will happen, but the $2.6M can be misleading.

Reactions: A Star is Burns

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Yep, and with retention, or even double retention, that could be a very good scoring forward. not saying it will happen, but the $2.6M can be misleading.
I've said it before, it's not like you can make anything happen, but teams that really want to make something happen can find a way. It wasn't that long ago that it seemed like Kane was going to have to move on from his Rangers fetish, and here we are.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Who is on an expiring contract that we could fit still? I ask because I don't think they add more than another rental type piece.
Bertuzzi fits in there with some retention if Detroit comes down on their asking price.

We could get less expensive bruiser Trenin from Nashville

A few options are there

Reactions: Tryamw and Canes

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
They’re either going to look really smart or clueless in a few months. We shall see.
I doubt it. They basically gave up nothing so it will be hard to critique them on that alone. Otherwise the same criticisms from the past season or two still stand. Of course if they win it all, they will be geniuses. But if we go out the same way as usual, I see a lot of the same excuses still standing.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I've said it before, it's not like you can make anything happen, but teams that really want to make something happen can find a way. It wasn't that long ago that it seemed like Kane was going to have to move on from his Rangers fetish, and here we are.

Not really a fair comparison, since the Rangers WERE done after acquiring Tarasenko, and it was only Kane using his influence over the Chicago organization that allowed them to get him for as cheap as they did.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Not really a fair comparison, since the Rangers WERE done after acquiring Tarasenko, and it was only Kane using his influence over the Chicago organization that allowed them to get him for as cheap as they did.
I just meant from a cap perspective. The conversation was on what we can get with our current cap.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I'll still be surprised if there isn't another depth forward move. It won't likely move the needle, but we've had enough forwards go down in the playoffs that I think it will happen.
oh I think we'll get another depth forward, problem is we need a bit more than that IMO. Really irks me that Arizona did the additional 25% retention on Kane but wouldn't retain at all on this one.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
I mean, depth that costs us literally nothing but money we've already spent is fine, I guess. And apparently Ghostbear has "revived his career in AZ" or whatever, but dang.

I guess points can come from wherever. Maybe they think Chatfield can carry him on the 3rd pairing?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
oh I think we'll get another depth forward, problem is we need a bit more than that IMO. Really irks me that Arizona did the additional 25% retention on Kane but wouldn't retain at all on this one.
They only have 1 retention spot left and maybe needed it for Chychrun?

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Also, this deal completes a nice little circle between Carolina, Arizona and Philadelphia.

Carolina gets: Ghost, 2022 4th, 2023 3rd, 2024 2nd
Arizona gets: 2022 2nd, 2022 7th, 2026 3rd
Flyers get: TonyD

And every pick outside of the 2026 one belonged to Philadelphia.

…Poor Philly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad