Rumor: Sharks working on Evander Kane trade, will eat 50%

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Hes caused problems every stop of his career and his current team mates dont want him around so yea, this is a tricky one.

Apparently the hate from some of his teammates is 'news' to him:

"I don't think you're going to have a group of people for ... 150, 160 days get along perfectly," he said Tuesday, according to NBC Sports. "I think there's been a big misconception of the entire team or multiple players. It's funny, I had my end of the year meeting last year, and it was nothing but positive, positive, positive, and how great I was with the young guys, how great of a season I had.
"But apparently something happened in the summer that I wasn't aware of. It was all new to me and news to me. It was interesting."

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Apparently the hate from some of his teammates is 'news' to him:

Are there any players actively speaking out against him? He might be right. And what’s the state of the Sharks locker room? There’s a lot of history and concerns there or were.

Do we know anything about any of this? Or are there more people involved with Kane who are quickly disassociating from him?

Damn mess no matter what.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I'm not saying that he's going back to SJ :facepalm:
What I'm saying is the same scenario that we saw in the D.Savard trade last year
Haha sorry, I didn't remember the Savard trade details. Should have noticed what you mean.

I guess I just got interested in the general scenario when a team takes a retained player back and what happens then... :rolly:

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
To Arizona:

SJ 2023 2nd round
Bos 2022 2nd round
Evander Kane 2.5 million contract space

To Bos

Evander Kane 2.5 million

To SJ

Jake Debrusk
Evander Kane 2 million contract space

Boston gives Debrusk a new start, spends a 2nd, gets 3 years of Kane at 2.5 million
Arizona gets 2 more 2nd rounders to add to the collection
SJ gets a winger who can play now, as well as only 2 million retained on Kane for the contract length

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
To Arizona:

SJ 2023 2nd round
Bos 2022 2nd round

To Bos

Evander Kane 2.5 million

To SJ

Jake Debrusk

Boston gives Debrusk a new start, spends a 2nd, gets 3 years of Kane at 2.5 million
SJ gets a winger who can play now, as well as only 2 million retained on Kane for the contract length
Points for creativity. However, isn't there a 50% limit on retention for any team? If so, that means that SJ has to retain no less than $3.5M. That is, unless I misread your post.

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Points for creativity. However, isn't there a 50% limit on retention for any team? If so, that means that SJ has to retain no less than $3.5M. That is, unless I misread your post.
In this scenario, Sharks are retaining 2 million, gets Kane to 5 million/year, then Yotes are retaining half of that, gets him to 2.5 million.

Basically instead of Sharks retaining half, Sharks are saving that 1.5 million and spending a 2nd to Arizona to do so, and getting a useful player.

Reactions: JesusNPucks

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
I hope the Canes pick him up. He would fit right in.
How so?

Between Svechnikov, Teravainen, Necas, Jarvis, they don't need a top 6 winger. Klingberg would be closer to what they need to round out the roster. (Kotkaniemi initially played wing but is now slotted as 4C, it seems. Tough competition when the usual fourth line of Lorentz, Stepan, Martinook is all centers.)

I don't see a spot for Kane. Either one, actually. :toothless

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
To Arizona:

SJ 2023 2nd round
Bos 2022 2nd round

To Bos

Evander Kane 2.5 million

To SJ

Jake Debrusk

Arizona gets 2 2nd rounders for taking on 2.5 million for 3 more years??? Damn that’s all they get?

if Boston can put up with Marchand BS I’m sure their one team that can take on this guy lol

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
That's the question. If you can reign him in or just deal with the headaches, you're getting a 1st line PWF for basically free on a sweet contract.
U gotta think even with all the drama being legit or not the guy wants/needs to get his shit together. He has a daughter he’s fighting for custody, filed for bankruptcy something has to eventually click no?

GreeningOil

Yarpmeister
Jun 22, 2016
Saskatoon
I would try Kane… I think he could be super great for the Oilers. However, his locker room deficiencies make me think over it lol

Kcoyote3

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Arizona gets 2 2nd rounders for taking on 2.5 million for 3 more years??? Damn that’s all they get?

if Boston can put up with Marchand BS I’m sure their one team that can take on this guy lol
It's not a horrible deal. They probably won't get a first for it, and if they want to be involved this would be the way. Either that or teams would get Kane at 3.5 instead with Sharks retaining max. Which might still happen, but this spreads out the load.

Reactions: Dragao6

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
In this scenario, Sharks are retaining 2 million, gets Kane to 5 million/year, then Yotes are retaining half of that, gets him to 2.5 million.

Basically instead of Sharks retaining half, Sharks are saving that 1.5 million and spending a 2nd to Arizona to do so, and getting a useful player.
Ah gotcha! I was definitely misreading it, then. Thanks for clarifying.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
To Arizona:

SJ 2023 2nd round
Bos 2022 2nd round

To Bos

Evander Kane 2.5 million

To SJ

Jake Debrusk

YUCK!!!!!! Boston gets absolutely boned in this deal. Pass.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Is he worth the headache though?

Hes had really bad exits from two franchises now

3 franchises

1) Big Buff throws his clothes in the shower
2) has a fight at the club in buffalo sabres can't wait to get rid of him
3) sharks fiasco

not to mention.... NHL investigating whether Kane bet on NHL games; other rumours regarding his marriage, gambling habits, bankruptcy claims, still living large, etc....

Not sure who in their right mind with touch his contract.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad