GDT: Sharks vs Sabres in Buffalo 4:30pm PDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Well, there's a defense-first player who rarely chips in offensively, and then there's a guy who pretty much makes it 4v5 in the offensive zone. Hannan's liability as an offensive player is often too easily dismissed.

I'm not sure if points are the best judge of that, but someone being a drag on offense is a fair criticism.

I'm not a huge fan of him in the o zone. He usually just rims the puck. Or shoots it into shin pads.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Well, there's a defense-first player who rarely chips in offensively, and then there's a guy who pretty much makes it 4v5 in the offensive zone. Hannan's liability as an offensive player is often too easily dismissed.

I'm not sure if points are the best judge of that, but someone being a drag on offense is a fair criticism.

It's not the greatest critique though. There are a lot of things that Hannan is bad at but judging a defenseman by the points is one of the worst ways to judge them by. Like Braun put up very few points but we all recognize that he's been one of our best defensemen over the last 2 years.

Bps21*

The sabres twitter seemed to be basically begging people not to come and to obey the road closings and get their tickets exchanged. Seems the west coast visiting forced the nhls hand here...no one in buffalo wants this game going on at the risk of being stuck there for the rest of the week lol. They literally told everyone who lives just south of the arena to sleep at work tonight and not try to drive home. Meanwhile...they dropped the puck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad