GDT: Sharks vs Sabres in Buffalo 4:30pm PDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JayP812

The Team of Tomorrow
Aug 16, 2010
Bay Area
The 6 feet snow will be the lucky charm to break the Buffalo dry spell.

3-1 Sharks
Hertl, Pavelski, Marleau
Moulson

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
Lines this morning:

Hertl - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Kennedy
Nieto - Sheppard - Wingels
Goodrow - Desjardins - Burish

Vlasic - Braun
Mueller - Burns
Irwin - Demers

And apparently Grosenick was first off the ice, so we'll see what happens there.

If this is the lineup tonight, other than the name of Burish and Irwin (although preferred over Hannan in my view), Loving it. And, really interested to see Grosenick get more time in the net.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
I'm guessing the Sharks will have to stay over in Buffalo after the game. Bummer as I'm sure they're all dying to get home.
Nah, I'd expect the Sharks will try and leave tonight, as downtown Buffalo and the NY33 to the airport isn't where it's snowing 3-4 inches per hour. Watching the forecast, there's actually a dividing line (that snow wall as seen in some photos) for the snow band, as downtown (arena) and the northern suburbs only got a few inches versus the multiple feet south and east of the city. The band is actually going to hit Buffalo and the northern suburbs, including the airport, during the morning commute, so I'd think SJ wants to be out of Buffalo before that.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
And this is why we pay a premium to live in California, you have fun with that Buffalo.

It's funny, because so many people despise the snow, but I love it. I've been craving our first snowfall in Ottawa, and I'm from probably the warmest place in Canada (we'd see VERY LITTLE snow once or twice a year, if that), but now live in the 2nd coldest capital city in the world. :laugh:

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
i'm going to cry if we lose to the Sabres again...

:-(

Here ya go, might as well prepare for the inevitable.

Boutique-Tissue-Box-Project.jpg

lsx

Oct 19, 2010
Sonoma County, CA
It's funny, because so many people despise the snow, but I love it. I've been craving our first snowfall in Ottawa, and I'm from probably the warmest place in Canada (we'd see VERY LITTLE snow once or twice a year, if that), but now live in the 2nd coldest capital city in the world. :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I love the snow....but I love being able to drive TO the snow to enjoy it when I want, and not have to shovel my way out of it on a daily basis.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I love the snow....but I love being able to drive TO the snow to enjoy it when I want, and not have to shovel my way out of it on a daily basis.

True true, but luckily the city/my building maintenance workers take care of all the shovelling, plus I have a balcony which overlooks a beautiful park and river (which you can walk across in the dead of winter) as my backyard. :laugh:

Sleepy

rEf jOsE
Apr 7, 2009
Criticizing Hannan for not having any points.

Seriously, Kurz?

Well, there's a defense-first player who rarely chips in offensively, and then there's a guy who pretty much makes it 4v5 in the offensive zone. Hannan's liability as an offensive player is often too easily dismissed.

I'm not sure if points are the best judge of that, but someone being a drag on offense is a fair criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad