Proposal: Sharks selloff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
you may be right but if they do that and come up short, I will again crow about how I made a better case than conventional wisdom, which was proven wrong

I'm glad we won the cup in 94 but not sure trading away ALL the top talent for role guys was worth it.
We got 1 cup out of it
would we have been better off with just 1 such deal?

mark my words
there is no work around to the cap

do it my way or there will be consequences
watch

The way you ended this post is super cringe, buddy.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I appreciate where you are trying to go w. this, but Chytil can not be moved
Strome has to go

I like Chytil, and as much as I would hope that he could develope into more, he's regressed this year significantly.

And while I think it would be a mistake to over-pay for Strome, you cannot discount his chemistry with Panarin and so long as Artemi is here, I think you need to look at offering Strome a deal that ends when Breadman's contract ends as well.

Chytil, I do not believe is long for the NYR organization.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
I like Chytil, and as much as I would hope that he could develope into more, he's regressed this year significantly.

And while I think it would be a mistake to over-pay for Strome, you cannot discount his chemistry with Panarin and so long as Artemi is here, I think you need to look at offering Strome a deal that ends when Breadman's contract ends as well.

And yet you suggest Chytil is as far as you go in acquiring Hertl. How can they say no?

Reactions: pld459666

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
you may be right but if they do that and come up short, I will again crow about how I made a better case than conventional wisdom, which was proven wrong

I'm glad we won the cup in 94 but not sure trading away ALL the top talent for role guys was worth it.
We got 1 cup out of it
would we have been better off with just 1 such deal?

mark my words
there is no work around to the cap

do it my way or there will be consequences
watch

I made this comment on the Rangers board.

• There is going all in, which I think we are on the same page is a bad idea.
  • There is doing nothing which I 1000% believe is doing a major disservice to this team and this group if they continue to play well.
Then there is this BIG HUGE grey area between the two points above. The Rangers HAVE to be in that grey area come the end of February so long as they continue to play well.

Adding a Hertl is NOT going all in.

Trying to add both Hertl and Chychrun at teh same time IS and that would be a bad idea, although it would make the Rangers a bonafide contender.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
And yet you suggest Chytil is as far as you go in acquiring Hertl. How can they say no?

I think he's regressed within the system he's played.

I think he's a good player. I do like him and would love to find a way to keep him, but what Turk wants out of him, he seems unable to deliver.

That may not be the same in a different situation under a different coach.

He was a .5 point a game player under previous coach. He's got skills, can play the game, but is struggling on this team.

I don't think or believe he's a bad player at all.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

I think he's a good player. I do like him and would love to find a way to keep him, but what Turk wants out of him, he seems unable to deliver.

He was a .5 point a game player under previous coach. He's got skills, can play the game, but is struggling on this team.

That's a lot of risk to make him such a vital piece of the deal.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
The bottom line is the original offer you made is garbage and would not net Tomas Hertl.

The expectation of value for a pending UFA that's barely Top 50 in scoring is hilarious.

But I'm all for sending him for a team that can't afford to re-up him.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
The way you ended this post is super cringe, buddy.

I'll clarify as no threat was made or intended.
Like it is famously said somewhere, we reap what we sow.

Rangers are not in a position to deal youth, whiich they have but not in surplus, for vets
AND
setting that reality of player asset mgmt aside,
there is also the reality of cap
almost always youth costs less than a vet
and there is zero cap for next yr
a rental we pay for and walk away from is not smart
it is high risk for short term gain at definite long term cost

No intent to make anyone uncomfortable, just making sure it is clear, I don't surrender to those of differening opinions, esp when objective facts are more on my side here.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

you may be right but I hope you are wrong
clubs that squander assets one way or another eventually regret it

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I made this comment on the Rangers board.

• There is going all in, which I think we are on the same page is a bad idea.
  • There is doing nothing which I 1000% believe is doing a major disservice to this team and this group if they continue to play well.
Then there is this BIG HUGE grey area between the two points above. The Rangers HAVE to be in that grey area come the end of February so long as they continue to play well.

Adding a Hertl is NOT going all in.

Trying to add both Hertl and Chychrun at teh same time IS and that would be a bad idea, although it would make the Rangers a bonafide contender.

I agree with the overall basic logic of this assessment; whether or not we add Hertl depends on the cost and more precisely, the specific currency.

Howev
I also disagree that actively practicing financial restraint here is doing nothing,
Moving a vet like Strome for asset(s) and giving mins to Barron decreases his learning curve with experience, so it is smart for the future.

Depending on health and luck we are likely to go deep already.
But we cannot maniupulate things to be relatively sure, let alone reasonably certain, we can get over the top.

The smartest thing here is as I said.
bide time
build
use extra assets in packages to enhance quality
if we are short, come back in a stronger position to command a better outcome next season.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The expectation of value for a pending UFA that's barely Top 50 in scoring is hilarious.

But I'm all for sending him for a team that can't afford to re-up him.
I mean hes on pace for 40 goals but I guess its pretty convenient to ignore hes doing it on a line with depth NHLers. Guy would easily be PPG if you gave him someone like Ryan Stromes spot in NYR.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
your price on Hertl is reasonable but sadly, NY has zero cap next yr, so it would have to be rental only. [We are gonna need Strome + Geo + Nemeth gone to cover Fox + Zib new deals $$$$$$$. Have no one else available to move who we can move w/o permission besides Lindgren and that is only 3m per which is needed for short LaF-Kakko bridge while we see if we can Trouba to go 1 yr early.]

we don't match up in currency vs other projected offers
closest I can do is

Strome + Geo + Jones [redundant due to Fox but can't afford to give away] +
NYR 2022 4th + 2023 3rd
for
Hertl + SJ 2022 3rd + 2023 2nd

something like that
and again,
both you prob get more
and
NY should not make moves that bleed assets esp while cap is tight
The genius of this proposal is that the rebuilding team giving up the best asset is also giving up the best draft picks to the team that is more of a contender.

Like...those kinds of deals happen ALL the time.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
This screams of a Bruins Sharks trade for Hertl.

Lose one 2nd line Czech center that people misspelled his name and replace him in the same year with another.

Hall - Hertl - Pastrnak

Does the Bruins 1st and DeBrusk get it done or should there be a prospect in there as well that is NHL ready but forced to play in the AHL because Sweeney loves his vets?

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island

Chytil still 22 years old. For some perspective, Rangers traded for Zibanejad when he was 23 and it took him another 2 years to break out

Reactions: pld459666

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008

Lose one 2nd line Czech center that people misspelled his name and replace him in the same year with another.

Hall - Hertl - Pastrnak

Does the Bruins 1st and DeBrusk get it done or should there be a prospect in there as well that is NHL ready but forced to play in the AHL because Sweeney loves his vets?
I'm sure SJ probably wants futures.

The more reason Bruins should just ship Debrusk off for futures ASAP.

Gives us better assets to send to a team like SJ.

I'm sure they would take him. But those futures are probably more valuable than Debrusk in this trade.

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil

Hall - Hertl - Pastrnak

Not a chance and this crap has been offered up repeatedly. Best to keep this level of wishful thinking to your own board

Reactions: Patty Ice

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad