Proposal: Sharks selloff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Noone wants kane. Let him play in Ahl til contract is Done. Mistake trading for him why trade for someone that havent been good in any team and acted like a fool. He is not a Leader. No team like that behaviour. Sorry sharks he is in Ahl rest of his NHL life. Had enough chanses now he needs to become a better human after his NHL Career

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Would you accept the following players for the following prices at the TDL:

Hertl for a 1st and decent prospect (someone who has a top 6 or top 4 upside) yes
Barabanov for a 2nd hell no
Cogliano for a 3rd yes
Reimer for a 2nd or prospect goalie no, not needed
Bonino for a 6th yes
Labanc with retention for a 3rd/4th or change of scenery prospect how much retention?
Burns with 4 million retained for a 1st no
Kane with 3.5 million retained for a 7th

my answers

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
With Edmonton or Colorado needing a solid goaltender, I think it's possible he gets a 2nd. Cogliano has that heart and soul with a scoring punch that GMs love during playoff time, could see him getting a 3rd.
Avs have a good goalie. They have two actually. But Bonino for a 6th? Sign me up.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
The only reason Hall went for so little is because he would only ok a trade to Boston. Boston had Buffalo over a barrel and they knew it. Unless Hertl is intent on going to only 1 team, he will get a 1st +. Everything else, Hall poor season, position, and perceived lack of effort doesn't matter.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Are the Sharks buying out Kane and Vlasic in the offseason? Seems like at least one will need to be bought out.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Are the Sharks buying out Kane and Vlasic in the offseason? Seems like at least one will need to be bought out.
Probably Kane. Vlasic sucks but if we're gonna rebuild may as well keep playing him. Buy him out in a couple years or he'll retire into LTIR at some point maybe.

seroes

May 3, 2016
California
Kane: Most likely. The Sharks don't want him polluting the younger players.

Vlassic: This is a tough one. It's possible but I suspect the Sharks will wait at least 1 more offseason before doing so. If they do at all. He isn't a bad influence, he is just being pushed out of the lineup with a couple more defencemen on the way. If Hertl is traded we don't need the cap space immediately and would likely wait until we do. No need to prolong the cap issues.

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
OK bud. 30 games devalued him to a 2nd. :thumbu: :laugh:

What devalued his trade value was Hall blocking any trade but Boston - both Buffalo's GM and Hall admitted to this.

If Hertl wants to to block every team from trading to him and force his way to Detroit (lul) than sure, he can be had for a 2nd + B prospect.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

Possibly but Kane is more likely than Vlasic. Kane should continue to be buried until there's a trade to be made or until it expires. They just don't need the extra 2.2 mil they'd get buying Kane out when most indicators point to them losing Hertl, having no replacement available, and getting much worse as a result. Same with Vlasic but they'd save 3.5 mil buying him out in the offseason. Even with both bought out saving 5.7 mil, what is out there to replace Hertl down the middle if he walks? Just doesn't make sense to try and save cap space for a lost season upcoming.

I would bet that Kane gets bought out anyway just to be rid of the issue but Vlasic will probably stick around at least another season because they could probably move Simek to make room for Merkley and he can play with Vlasic until a prospect is ready to make their case for a spot.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Would you accept the following players for the following prices at the TDL:

Hertl for a 1st and decent prospect (someone who has a top 6 or top 4 upside)
Barabanov for a 2nd
Cogliano for a 3rd
Reimer for a 2nd or prospect goalie
Bonino for a 6th
Labanc with retention for a 3rd/4th or change of scenery prospect
Burns with 4 million retained for a 1st
Kane with 3.5 million retained for a 7th

your price on Hertl is reasonable but sadly, NY has zero cap next yr, so it would have to be rental only. [We are gonna need Strome + Geo + Nemeth gone to cover Fox + Zib new deals $$$$$$$. Have no one else available to move who we can move w/o permission besides Lindgren and that is only 3m per which is needed for short LaF-Kakko bridge while we see if we can Trouba to go 1 yr early.]

we don't match up in currency vs other projected offers
closest I can do is

Strome + Geo + Jones [redundant due to Fox but can't afford to give away] +
NYR 2022 4th + 2023 3rd
for
Hertl + SJ 2022 3rd + 2023 2nd

something like that
and again,
both you prob get more
and
NY should not make moves that bleed assets esp while cap is tight

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
your price on Hertl is reasonable but sadly, NY has zero cap next yr, so it would have to be rental only. [We are gonna need Strome + Geo + Nemeth gone to cover Fox + Zib new deals $$$$$$$. Have no one else available to move who we can move w/o permission besides Lindgren and that is only 3m per which is needed for short LaF-Kakko bridge while we see if we can Trouba to go 1 yr early.]

we don't match up in currency vs other projected offers
closest I can do is

Strome + Geo + Jones [redundant due to Fox but can't afford to give away] +
NYR 2022 4th + 2023 3rd
for
Hertl + SJ 2022 3rd + 2023 2nd

something like that
and again,
both you prob get more
and
NY should not make moves that bleed assets esp while cap is tight
That’s garbage for SJ

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
That’s garbage for SJ

I said you'll get better offers and sadly, that is extent of what currency NYR can make available.

We are not gonna move futures to add vets esp ones we can't afford to sign

Also howev
Strome worth late 1st and Jones IS a good prospect, so not as shitty as you wish to paint it

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Hertl on the Rangers with the way Strome and Panarin work together would give the Rangers impressive center depth with Mika-Strome-Hertl

I'm not moving Otthmann for a rental as that is what Hertl would be.

If Chytil and the 2022 1st can't get it done, and I understand if he doesn't, then I look elsewhere.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I said you'll get better offers and sadly, that is extent of what currency NYR can make available.

We are not gonna move futures to add vets esp ones we can't afford to sign

Also howev
Strome worth late 1st and Jones IS a good prospect, so not as shitty as you wish to paint it

I think you are going to be disappointed, especially if the team keeps winning.

the Rangers WILL look to add at the deadline this year.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Hertl on the Rangers with the way Strome and Panarin work together would give the Rangers impressive center depth with Mika-Strome-Hertl

I'm not moving Otthmann for a rental as that is what Hertl would be.

If Chytil and the 2022 1st can't get it done, and I understand if he doesn't, then I look elsewhere.

I appreciate where you are trying to go w. this, but Chytil can not be moved
Strome has to go

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
I think you are going to be disappointed, especially if the team keeps winning.

the Rangers WILL look to add at the deadline this year.

you may be right but if they do that and come up short, I will again crow about how I made a better case than conventional wisdom, which was proven wrong

I'm glad we won the cup in 94 but not sure trading away ALL the top talent for role guys was worth it.
We got 1 cup out of it
would we have been better off with just 1 such deal?

mark my words
there is no work around to the cap

do it my way or there will be consequences
watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad