Proposal: Sharks selloff

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Detroit trades

Filip Zadina (6th overall, 2018)

for

William Eklund (7th overall, 2021)

Zadina has a higher draft pedigree and is therefore more valuable. Detroit is doing a really big favor for San Jose here. :sarcasm:

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
The only way the Sharks trade Eklund is if McDavid is coming back the other way. And even then they'd have to add.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Would you accept the following players for the following prices at the TDL:

Hertl for a 1st and decent prospect (someone who has a top 6 or top 4 upside)
Barabanov for a 2nd
Cogliano for a 3rd
Reimer for a 2nd or prospect goalie
Bonino for a 6th
Labanc with retention for a 3rd/4th or change of scenery prospect
Burns with 4 million retained for a 1st
Kane with 3.5 million retained for a 7th

Hertl for DET's 2nd + Eemil Viro/Albert Johansson?

Prospects probably aren't as surefire as you'd like, but DET's 2nd should be high and Hertl's pending UFA. For obvious reasons, Detroit's 1st isn't on the table.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Hertl for DET's 2nd + Eemil Viro/Albert Johansson?

Prospects probably aren't as surefire as you'd like, but DET's 2nd should be high and Hertl's pending UFA. For obvious reasons, Detroit's 1st isn't on the table.

If you're trading for Hertl, you're trading a 1st. There's no way Detroit beats any offer on the table with something like that when the contenders will absolutely put a 1st on the table for Hertl.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
If you're trading for Hertl, you're trading a 1st. There's no way Detroit beats any offer on the table with something like that when the contenders will absolutely put a 1st on the table for Hertl.
Can Hertl play LW?
if so the Leafs would prob be in on him

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017

I mean, we really gonna pretend like Taylor Hall didn't just go for a 2nd?

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
He can play any forward position.

You really going to pretend like Hertl isn't better than what Hall was when he was traded for a 2nd?

You really gonna pretend like teams were honestly concerned Hall was washed up playing for one of the worst teams the league has seen in 25 years?

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
He can play any forward position.

You really going to pretend like Hertl isn't better than what Hall was when he was traded for a 2nd?
ok pick 1 prospect a 1st and if we still have Ritche him, if he is gone it gets a lil more complicated, I can see the Leafs beeing ok with ANY prospect of SJ's choice if Ritche is going the other way but if its just the 1st and a prospect, we may have 1 or 2 prospects we may be leery to move.
or does Mrazek hold any value to you?
if so that opens wiggle room on prospect and pick

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
ok pick 1 prospect a 1st and if we still have Ritche him, if he is gone it gets a lil more complicated, I can see the Leafs beeing ok with ANY prospect of SJ's choice if Ritche is going the other way but if its just the 1st and a prospect, we may have 1 or 2 prospects we may be leery to move.
or does Mrazek hold any value to you?
if so that opens wiggle room on prospect and pick
No Mrazek. Purely best prospect possible, if Richie is needed to make that happen then sure. I would do Hertl(50%) for 2023 first, Ritchie and Robertson/Amirov?

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
I know it would need tweeking but there you go. Also kassian would need to be traded to another team.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220106-162851.png
    Screenshot_20220106-162851.png
    159.7 KB · Views: 12

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
are you gonna pretend that the GM that traded Taylor Hall for a 2nd isn't one of the worst in the league at performing transactions?

Seems fair since it appears you're gonna pretend Doug Wilson hasn't f***ed SJS for the better part of the next decade.

Reactions: DJN21

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
pretty funny since Detroit hasn't won a goddamn thing in over a decade and are not going to be good for at least another two.

Strange diss to make considering SJS hasn't won anything.... Well ever.

Doubt you really want to get into which team is in better condition moving forward.

Reactions: DJN21

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020
are you gonna pretend that the GM that traded Taylor Hall for a 2nd isn't one of the worst in the league at performing transactions?
Are we gonna pretend that Hall didn't have an NMC and only wanted to be traded to Boston (even when another team had been rumored to be willing to put up a 1st)?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You really gonna pretend like teams were honestly concerned Hall was washed up playing for one of the worst teams the league has seen in 25 years?

Hall was performing poorly. Stop acting like he wasn't also a big reason why that team was trash and has had the rep he's had leading up to that while making 8 mil and having an NMC playing wing when Hertl is a producer, a driver of offense, making significantly less in a premium position with a playoff reputation that is far better than Hall's. I don't know why you're acting like the comparison makes any God damn sense.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Hall was performing poorly. Stop acting like he wasn't also a big reason why that team was trash and has had the rep he's had leading up to that while making 8 mil and having an NMC playing wing when Hertl is a producer, a driver of offense, making significantly less in a premium position with a playoff reputation that is far better than Hall's. I don't know why you're acting like the comparison makes any God damn sense.

Literally that entire team was trash and it was largely because Eichel and Ullmark were both injured, their coaching sucked, and the team quit.

Pretending that anybody devalued a recent Hart winner because of a bad half season with a dogshit team is hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad