Sharks Roster Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FunkyPhin

Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
More teams around us getting better while we're at a standstill, as is tradition.

I don't think Doug does anything without first knowing the situation with Thornton and Marleau can't see a trade happening without those 2 first being signed, if at all.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
DW doesn't need to go hit a Home Run, the team is fine, only needs some minor improvements.

Friday

Apr 25, 2014
LA
DW doesn't need to go hit a Home Run, the team is fine, only needs some minor improvements.

That's assuming Jumbo and Patty are coming back. If they arnt the Sharks have 16M in cap space and only a couple legit top 6 forwards.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't think Doug does anything without first knowing the situation with Thornton and Marleau can't see a trade happening without those 2 first being signed, if at all.

That would be very short-sighted. DW has to prepare for life without Jumbo and Patty. He cannot put our future on hold for those two.

Also, I find it highly unlikely that he does not know if they are coming back or not by this point.

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
That's assuming Jumbo and Patty are coming back. If they arnt the Sharks have 16M in cap space and only a couple legit top 6 forwards.

I'm not worried about Jumbo and Marleau. There's almost zero chance DW doesn't sign them.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
I hope I'm wrong but this offseason is looking more and more like DW's plan can be boiled down to: "Pray that we don't get a single injury and we'll win the cup."

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I hope I'm wrong but this offseason is looking more and more like DW's plan can be boiled down to: "Pray that we don't get a single injury and we'll win the cup."

I'm no Doug Wilson fan but the offseason is barely underway. Let's wait and see what he does. If he re-signs Thornton and Marleau and adds Kovalchuk, that's pretty good.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm just amazed that a former NHL defenseman has struggled to find a competent third pair (save last year).

He sure has a lot of trouble implementing any type of organizational philosophy for drafting offensive defensemen, especially considering how he was basically an HOF offensive defenseman.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015

He's so ****ing dumb. None of these guys are any good. Of course you'd trade Braun, Tierney and O'Regan for someone like Duchene and die laughing as soon as you hang up the phone.

Nighthock

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jul 25, 2007
Nevada
This is frustrating, but I don't want him to make a trade just for the sake of making one.

I just don't want to DW to make reactionary moves, trying to mimic another team. Be proactive. Choose your (our) own damn direction. There's being smart, then there's being slow to the draw.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
This is frustrating, but I don't want him to make a trade just for the sake of making one.

Doug does all his best trades in and around the draft. I wouldn't worry about him making a reactionary trade. Unless it's something minor like the failed Kennedy for a second. If he goes after Duchene or Galchenyuk or whoever, he'll make a smart deal.

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
Doug does all his best trades in and around the draft. I wouldn't worry about him making a reactionary trade. Unless it's something minor like the failed Kennedy for a second. If he goes after Duchene or Galchenyuk or whoever, he'll make a smart deal.

You're being too....reasonable.....stop it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad