Prospect Info: Sharks Prospect Info & Discussion Thread XX

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saskatoon

Aug 24, 2006
Saskatoon
I remember reading that too, and IIRC (which is a stretch) Vlasic’s junior offensive output just cleared to the baseline threshold (which from my crap memory for QMJHL for his draft was ~1PT/G). That research always pops into my head whenever drafting a defensive dman prospect with any of our top picks gets suggested (Solberg?).

League definitely - definitely expect more out of someone in junior leagues like CHL/USHL/MHL than men's leagues

Reactions: Sandisfan

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
League definitely - definitely expect more out of someone in junior leagues like CHL/USHL/MHL than men's leagues
Yeah for sure. The way I look at it is that even if you’re projecting a prospect as a shutdown dman at the NHL level, they still need to demonstrate pretty strong offensive game in their draft eligible year, otherwise the likelihood of ever making it to the NHL is basically nil.

I think Silayev, for example, has a decent red flag that he might never create replacement level offense in the NHL. 8pts in 41 MHL games in his D-1 year, and 11pts in 63 KHL games does not inspire confidence he is more than size and skating (just looking at the stat line, I haven’t watched a second of him playing; but I have seen/heard concerns about his offensive game from several media scouts). This is just going from the theory that offense should be expected from any defense prospect. Perhaps the indicative threshold for MHL/KHL is very low?

Last edited:

Zarzh

Jun 30, 2015
I remember reading that too, and IIRC (which is a stretch) Vlasic’s junior offensive output just cleared to the baseline threshold (which from my crap memory for QMJHL for his draft was ~1PT/G). That research always pops into my head whenever drafting a defensive dman prospect with any of our top picks gets suggested (Solberg?).
Jiricek is much more of a case of this than Solberg, Solberg's production is actually really great and the only wonder is if his game will translate. Jiricek has bad-horrible production and questionable offensive fundamentals.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
RD Michael Fisher from the 2022 draft is leaving. Northeastern to play in the BCHL (Penticton) for a year. He's supposed to return to Northeastern in 25-26.

Seems like a bad sign, but he has a lot of runway.
I was unimpressed when I saw him this year. He looked like he didn’t understand the structure of the level he was at and was frequently confused. Skating is pretty good, but the brain is not. Offensively or defensively.

Reactions: DG93

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I was unimpressed when I saw him this year. He looked like he didn’t understand the structure of the level he was at and was frequently confused. Skating is pretty good, but the brain is not. Offensively or defensively.
I never noticed him when BC played Northeastern. I'd look at it like Lund vs Smith and then I'd check the roster and be reminded "oh yea Fisher is on this team too"

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Anyone have news on Beaupit? I think Sharks need to sign him by June 1 or they lose his rights and he heads back to the draft.

Wasn't signed. I thought he was too old to re-enter the draft but apparently that is not the case.

I'd imagine he is eligible to play an overage season of junior hockey in Canada or the US. Given the trajectory of his career not sure he is either drafted nor signed as an overage goaltender.

Is USport an option?

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020
Wasn't signed. I thought he was too old to re-enter the draft but apparently that is not the case.

I'd imagine he is eligible to play an overage season of junior hockey in Canada or the US. Given the trajectory of his career not sure he is either drafted nor signed as an overage goaltender.

Is USport an option?
I don't believe Beaupit is eligible for another season of juniors, as he'll be 21 in September, 2003 birthday.

He washed out of the WHL, so I think U-Sport might be the best option for him as he's very unlikely to get a pro contract at the moment. It's not quite a career killer (Zach Sawchenko went that route, though he was honestly just better than Beaupit), but I wouldn't anticipate Beaupit having a pro future.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
How come Will Smith isn't on the USA roster?

Oh yea, he's in San Jose, eating swedish meatballs from IKEA using the Eklund diet and lifting weights and channeling his anger because Quentin Musty is going to become BFFs with Ryan Leonard and Gabriel Perreault.

Just ignore it Will, just work on your slapper. :naughty:

Reactions: Makoshark

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Brandon Svoboda erasure
who.gif

tiburon12

Jul 18, 2009
Matt Mania is a decent band name.

Hooray for Musty. Intrigued re whether he can make the big club this camp... The Marchant comments were a little surprising.
I found them to be sobering, in a good way. Like, fans and Musty himself shouldn't expect a cake walk based on Junior output, so keeping him (and us) grounded and always wanting to improv on both sides of the puck is a good plan.

Reactions: coooldude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad