Confirmed with Link: Sharks name Ryane Clowe Assistant General Manager

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
The same could be said about Grier. He never held an GM position or assistant GM role prior to the Sharks hiring him. He was a a prep school coach for a few years, a scout for the Blackhawks for a few years, an assistant coach for the Devils for two years, and then a special advisor to Drury for the Rangers for one year.

And most of the people Grier’s brought in have a personal connection to him; Quinn (BU), Holy (SJ), Weight (EDM), Marchant (EDM), Fitzgerald (worked with his brother in NJ)… then he obviously played with Patty, Joe and Clowe in San Jose.
Exactly, the problem starts at the top.

Reactions: TealManV

karltonian

Jan 1, 2023
Fan service hires

If this was his capacity, he'd be part of Player Development like Marleau, Ricci, etc.
Maybe clowe just really can't be on the ice. Do we know if he's ever been back? Even a non contact fall could be devastating, let alone a stray puck.

hotcabbagesoup

Save us Celebrini!
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
While this is a great meme and Dickinson selection was very solid, if Buium hits as a top-3 D and Dickinson busts, we are going to be kicking ourselves lol. Hopefully that doesn't happen!

Dickinson will not bust! A guy with his skating already, at worst he'll be another post-modern Vlasic but much cheaper and less salty.

Reactions: DG93

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
This is more an NHL problem than a Grier one...DW hired his son as the director of scouting with zero qualifications. At least the guys Grier hired like Marchant and Morehouse seem very competent so far.
I dont disagree, I just want the sharks to be better

Should we FIRE MIKE GRIER?!
No not yet, just dont hire the next one when he is

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Reactions: Sandisfan

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
From everything I've read, Dickinson is perceived as a high-floor, high-ceiling player, while Buium is seen as a very high-ceiling, low-floor guy.

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
While this is a great meme and Dickinson selection was very solid, if Buium hits as a top-3 D and Dickinson busts, we are going to be kicking ourselves lol. Hopefully that doesn't happen!
Of course you'd have regrets in that situation, but it's not like Dickinson was some off-the-board pick. Seems to me that he was ahead of Buium on at least half, if not more, of the serious pre-draft rankings. There's so much that's unsettled when we're dealing with kids (Dickinson was still 17 one month ago!), so I have a hard time really faulting a team on a decision that's this tight.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Of course you'd have regrets in that situation, but it's not like Dickinson was some off-the-board pick. Seems to me that he was ahead of Buium on at least half, if not more, of the serious pre-draft rankings. There's so much that's unsettled when we're dealing with kids (Dickinson was still 17 one month ago!), so I have a hard time really faulting a team on a decision that's this tight.
Absolutely, the thought process behind drafting Dickinson is obvious

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad