Sharks eliminate Avalanche

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Everyone can explain the rule until they are blue in the face. I know the rules.

Where is the camera angle that shows Landeskog still on the ice (offside), the puck conclusively in the zone, and MacKinnon in the zone?

That’s all I want and I’ll shut up.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Too much man is a running joke btw.... and i only realized today Colorado was the other team playing that game lol
roberts+too+much+man.jpg

TatteredTornNFrayed

...ocelot spleens...
Jan 15, 2008
he did tag up but once he lifted his leg to exit the ice he put himself offside again.

Doesnt matter if puck was already in the zone by then. You cant become offsides AFTER the puck has already entered the zone.

Thus, why any still shot that shows him fully in the zone is useless if it doesnt also definitively show puck relation to blueline. Every shot which is analyzed where the puck position is known has appeared like toe could be touching the line. And surely not conclusive enough to overturn the call on the ice.

But glad you admitted the NHL was wrong. Their statement claims he never tagged up, not that he tagged up but then went offside again.

Reactions: avsfan09

Jumpavleau

Feb 6, 2013
California
Great series, Avs. Your team is fun as hell to watch and had me white knuckling way too much for comfort.

Dipping back out so I don’t have to read the ridiculous fans on both/all sides. Just wanted you to know that there’s more of us that appreciate the hockey your team gave us.

I know some people hate it, but you should all take your f***ing cue from the handshake line. Win and lose with respect and dignity. Or just go back to screaming at the refs in your kid’s peewee leagues, whatever.

Reactions: 24 others

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Sharks were the better team for longer stretches this series, and the Avs still almost beat them.

This Avs team is going to be scary for the next 5 years. Especially if they can add a second scoring line. Not excited about the future in the West.

Reactions: JBeast and Phu

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
It's not a delayed offside, tagging up by touching any part of the blueline with skate means nothing. He needs to be fully inside the offensive zone upon reentry of the puck whcih as you can see from the vidoes he deoes not.

This doesn't make it any less stupid. Should have been 2-2 and for the second straight series the Sharks should be very humble and grateful it went their way.

ReddestRum

Sad even when winning
Dec 19, 2013
The refs are to blame.
Not Landeskog for just standing there.
Not the 0-3 terrible PP.
Not the way the Avs only played 20 mins out of a 60 min game.

It was the refs.

TatteredTornNFrayed

...ocelot spleens...
Jan 15, 2008
It only matters who's on the ice, not who's in the play. For all who is saying he's touching it. you have to admit it's SUPER SUPER CLOSE. So just drop it, it was called and the game went on and every player played as so.
But it was called a goal on ice. If it is super close and no view is conclusive, then the rule is the original call must stand. For them to have overturned it, there needs to be indisputable proof.

If it turns out MacKinnon has a serious injury, we are likely better off our 16th pick didn't become 28th. But that doesn't make it right if they overturned a call without obvious proof, and none of the shots out there prove it should have been overturned.

Except for the time MacKinnon was out, and for a time after this reversal, the Avs were generally out-skating and out-chancing San Jose. But credit to the Sharks for taking advantage of those brief sags in Avs mojo.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
while i agree with the general gist of this post, this line has always been problematic for me. this game perhaps more than others where it's sort of questionable, the sharks flat out dominated 40 minutes and there wasn't a whole lot the avs could do about it. mackinnon was going so damn hard to counter he hurt himself. the sharks have a roster that can do that for long stretches. the avs didn't just choose to cede that kind of domination for 40 minutes.

when pavelski scored the first goal the roof almost blew off.

masterofallxix

Aug 5, 2005
San Diego/ San Jose
But it was called a goal on ice. If it is super close and no view is conclusive, then the rule is the original call must stand. For them to have overturned it, there needs to be indisputable proof.

If it turns out MacKinnon has a serious injury, we are likely better off our 16th pick didn't become 28th. But that doesn't make it right if they overturned a call without obvious proof, and none of the shots out there prove it should have been overturned.

Except for the time MacKinnon was out, and for a time after this reversal, the Avs were generally out-skating and out-chancing San Jose. But credit to the Sharks for taking advantage of those brief sags in Avs mojo.
It was pretty conclusive. Once the puck exits, the offensive player has to EXIT the offensive zone first before the puck comes back in. Whether or not Landeskog touched the blue line or not may be considered inconclusive, but the clearly did not exit the zone. If all you had to do was touch the blue line to exit the zone, you would never see players leave the offensive zone. they would simply touch the edge of the blue line on the offensive zone and then re-enter every time.

Reactions: Phu

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Awesome for SJ!!!
Don't feel too bad Colorado fans though, you guys will likely be great for the next several years

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
The refs are to blame.
Not Landeskog for just standing there.
Not the 0-3 terrible PP.

It was the refs.
Who is blaming the refs? The Avs had some of the worst PP of the playoffs. Sharks were a close second. This series was decided 5v5, and the Sharks were the better team.

I personaly hope that this stupid offside challenge will be gone ASAP. It didn't decide this series, but it is an absolute joke in its' current standard.

wayninja

Win it for Val
Mar 24, 2017
It was pretty conclusive. Once the puck exits, the offensive player has to EXIT the offensive zone first before the puck comes back in. Whether or not Landeskog touched the blue line or not may be considered inconclusive, but the clearly did not exit the zone. If all you had to do was touch the blue line to exit the zone, you would never see players leave the offensive zone. they would simply touch the edge of the blue line on the offensive zone and then re-enter every time.

This just isn't true. You simply have to tag the blue line.

tagup800.gif

Reactions: mooncalf

JoeThorntonsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If Burns becomes a solid shutdown pairing that you say he's capable of with Vlasic and is able to close off MacKinnon then I will buy you some cake.

Well, I did tell Rooster above that if Burns is able to keep MacKinnon off the scoresheet with the help of Vlasic or provides enough for me to change my mind I will buy him cake.

Can I get chocolate?

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I think Bobbie Mac posts a clearer explanation of the rule. It's frustrating when a reviewed offside goal determines a game. Fun series. The Avs are a really good team.

The problem with this explanation is that he pretty clearly touches the blue line after the puck is in the offensive zone and before MacKinnon enters the zone

TatteredTornNFrayed

...ocelot spleens...
Jan 15, 2008

The claim that he had to totally exit the zone is wrong. The NHL's own response tonight specifically said all he had to do was make any "skate contact with blue line", assuming no one else is in the O zone. No other Av was even close when the puck entered.

D6GPir3X4AAJjUV.jpeg

So where is the definitive view showing he never touched the blue line, when there are many showing it appeared he did.

Last edited:

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
The problem is that the rules clearly say all you have to do is touch the blue line

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
This just isn't true. You simply have to tag the blue line.

tagup800.gif
i'm thinking once he commits to the line change, the change rule applies and not the tag up rule. otherwise he would still be active on the ice and it would be too much man.

mooncalf

Mar 15, 2017
San Jose
This thread is not a lot more combative than I thought it would be.
I think our fanbases mostly like and respect each other. This was a great series, super clean and high skill. And the Avs fans are being much more gracious about the controversial offside call than a lot of us probably would be lol :)

My opinion on it is that I would be upset if that happened to the Sharks. I think he was probably offside, but I don't think it was conclusive.

Reactions: Avs and wayninja

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
i'm thinking once he commits to the line change, the change rule applies and not the tag up rule. otherwise he would still be active on the ice and it would be too much man.
Yes, and once he tags up, he's no longer considered in the attacking zone, via the tag up rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad