Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Jake Walman and 2nd round pick 2024 (#53) for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
Vlasic is a better defenseman than Thrun or Mukhamadullin. Why wouldn't he play over them?

Walman was one of the worst defensemen in the league last season. Not surprised the Wings had to attach a sweetener to move him.
These are all poor evaluations except for Vlasic over Mukhamadullin at this point

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Wait, I was told that teams don’t need to attach late 1st or 2nd round picks to clear space anymore because the flat cap era is dead. :sarcasm:

We got an asset and useful player. Great trade by Grier here. Wings fans seem genuinely confused. It’ll be interesting to see what Yzerman does next.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Good trade for Grier. Walman will be a solid add to the blue line and they got an extra asset to use. I would trade either 42 or 53 to move up on either or both of 14 or 33. The Goodrow stuff is still a wait and see sort of thing. I'm still hoping for a Trouba waiver claim in July. lol

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Wait, I was told that teams don’t need to attach late 1st or 2nd round picks to clear space anymore because the flat cap era is dead. :sarcasm:

We got an asset and useful player. Great trade by Grier here. Wings fans seem genuinely confused. It’ll be interesting to see what Yzerman does next.
It’s hard being 100% correct all the time!

Is Walman a defensive guy or OFD?

This trade is insane - 3 second round picks…
Offensive, but he’s used to playing tough minutes on a bad team. I think he’s a really good fit here. Like I said earlier, a guy like John Marino would be a solid partner, or even Emberson if he stays healthy and continues to improve.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
damn, they are really teasing us with the Future Considerations

i'm shocked GMMG didn't even have to throw in a 2025 7th or something just to make it look more trade-y

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
It’s hard being 100% correct all the time!

Offensive, but he’s used to playing tough minutes on a bad team. I think he’s a really good fit here. Like I said earlier, a guy like John Marino would be a solid partner, or even Emberson if he stays healthy and continues to improve.

198d4abe-cc13-44db-94a0-19dad94b4fa5_text.gif

coooldude

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2007
This makes up for Goodrow and then some. Great job by Grier.

Wonder if this is an indication that Grier plans to trade up from 14…
My first thought (unsubstantiated) was that "future considerations" was some option for DET to swap 14 with 15 if their player is still there, or something like it. Otherwise this doesn't make a whole lot of sense in a vacuum.

It doesn't make sense to attribute this to a cap dump, either, because it's not like Detroit has cap problems...

Reactions: Sandisfan

gaucholoco3

Jun 22, 2015
I wonder if Holl was also supposed to be part of this deal and FC is to claim him on waivers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad