Confirmed with Link: Sharks acquire Jake Walman and 2nd round pick 2024 (#53) for future considerations

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Walman doesn't seem unplayable awful or anything (not that being so would be a barrier to getting ice time on this team's blueline) so nabbing a 2nd to take him for basically free (because futures rarely actually amount to anything of consequence) seems like a really weird move.

not a bad one, because that's great for the Sharks since they get a free mid 2nd pick and a guy who can conceivably be at least a warm body on the roster at no cost. But weird all the same.

CJL182

Oct 9, 2008
Love it, short cap hit for who sounds like a serviceable dman, and more ammo in the 2nd round to potentially use to move up from 14 (or reduce the pain of moving the 32 and/or 42 pick).

timorous me

Gristled Veteran
Apr 14, 2010
So Ferraro is definitely gone this week then, right?
It definitely makes me wonder. There's quite the logjam on the left side now. Thrun may not have impressed everyone all year, but the team seems committed to him and they seemed to like his progression late in the year (and he seems to already be rising in the leadership group, judging from how we've heard more and more from him this offseason, though maybe that's just because he's a well-spoken Harvard boy).

I'm not sure there's much benefit for him in going back to the AHL. And I sort of feel the same way about Mukhamadullin. Well, not that he won't need more time with the Barracuda, but that he deserves a chance with the Sharks to see how close to ready he is. The good thing about having Vlasic on the roster is that he could be your extra D and then easily slot in if it's determined Muk needs more seasoning.

The solution to this whole logjam, then, seems to be to trade Ferraro--which is easier to do with a competent NHL defenseman in place to take his place.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Thinking Vlasic is playing over either of those guys is lunacy.

Also, “nObOdY pAyS fOr CaP sPaCe”, right?
Vlasic is a better defenseman than Thrun or Mukhamadullin. Why wouldn't he play over them?

Walman was one of the worst defensemen in the league last season. Not surprised the Wings had to attach a sweetener to move him.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan

TheWayToRefJose

Oct 30, 2017
Vlasic is a better defenseman than Thrun or Mukhamadullin. Why wouldn't he play over them?

Walman was one of the worst defensemen in the league last season. Not surprised the Wings had to attach a sweetener to move him.
Are you ever happy? Holy shit man. That two weeks where you didn’t shit on anything and everything was nice.

Grier could get McDavid for future considerations and you’d bitch about the cap hit.

weastern bias

worst team in the league
Feb 3, 2012
SJ
I think future considerations is likely a cap dump, their bad contracts are all on M-NTCs so expect another waiver claims soon, lol

Reactions: Sandisfan

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
Because you want to invest in opportunities for the future of the team, not the past?
Coach's job is to play the best players. If Thrun and Shak can't beat out Vlasic and Walman that's on them.

Are you ever happy? Holy shit man. That two weeks where you didn’t shit on anything and everything was nice.

Grier could get McDavid for future considerations and you’d bitch about the cap hit.
??? I just said it was a fleece

STL Shark

Mar 6, 2013

By what actual metric are either of those things remotely close to true? Is the reason Vlasic played 16 mins a night and was scratched a good deal while Thrun played 20 minutes a night because Vlasic is better?

Also, under what metric was Walman one of the worse defensemen in the NHL last year? Other than one you made up to not just keep being wrong time after time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad