GDT: SF - CAN vs. SUI May 25, 2024

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Miro4Norris

Jan 24, 2021
Me personally, I would have put Bedard out there in OT because he’s a game changer with a lethal shot instead of third line plugs like PLD, Mangiapane and Paul. Coaching to nit lose.

But I digress, congrats to the Swiss.
He was quite weak in this tournament. Even got benched. Play better, kid.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
**fart noise** This is another reason why IIHF and the WC suck. A f***ing shootout in the semis? Lame.

Congratulations Switzerland. You won a skills competition...sorry I mean game against Canada's middling players who will never play/or are hoping to oneday play for our real team.

I'd like to say that I will boycott flying out to see these games in the future but I know that's a lie. I'm just a sucker for hockey and I don't get my NHL fix enough.

I hope our boys are out for blood in Milan and really feed it to Switzerland but let's be honest, this is already mostly forgotten.
Please do boycott. Apparently, you don't know IIHF hockey before you left because shootouts are normal?? Stick to NHL playoffs I guess.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact: finally here!!!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
**fart noise** This is another reason why IIHF and the WC suck. A f***ing shootout in the semis? Lame.

Congratulations Switzerland. You won a skills competition...sorry I mean game against Canada's middling players who will never play/or are hoping to oneday play for our real team.

I'd like to say that I will boycott flying out to see these games in the future but I know that's a lie. I'm just a sucker for hockey and I don't get my NHL fix enough.

I hope our boys are out for blood in Milan and really feed it to Switzerland but let's be honest, this is already mostly forgotten.
^this is why Canada gets a lot of hate on these boards by so many.

When you guys beat us 3-2 in the group stage, I congratulated Canada, no other comment. Maybe you should learn to deal with it a bit better, too.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Final is tomorrow, one team already has less rest. If you play without SO maybe one team will win after I don't know 100 minutes and they won't have a chance in the final. A SO makes sense in the Semis and the Quarters.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
Please do boycott. Apparently, you don't know IIHF hockey before you left because shootouts are normal?? Stick to NHL playoffs I guess.
Something being normal doesn't make it good.

Sadly (when it comes to hockey), I live in Europe and don't really have the option to go to NHL playoffs. IIHF, however could learn a thing from a much more successful organisation and adopt overtime rules from the NHL.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
For those who may not be aware, Power is pretty money in shootouts.

It counts he does it for the Sabres and it works. Why he was out there
It doesn't count. Read the rules. Othervise you could just skate there 10 hours around the rink and score when goalie falls a sleep.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Canada is 0/4 in terms of winning the Gold Medal in WC that John Tavares attends and has won 4/10 Gold Medals he did not attend during that timeframe.

Not taking anything specific from that, it's just kinda funny.
Not sure what else he could've done this tournament for us, he's been so good. He's got a few gold medals for TC so no big deal.

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
^this is why Canada gets a lot of hate on these boards by so many.

When you guys beat us 3-2 in the group stage, I congratulated Canada, no other comment. Maybe you should learn to deal with it a bit better, too.
You can be assured that I am consistent in my hate of the IIHF and the shitty WC's win or lose.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Something being normal doesn't make it good.

Sadly (when it comes to hockey), I live in Europe and don't really have the option to go to NHL playoffs. IIHF, however could learn a thing from a much more successful organisation and adopt overtime rules from the NHL.
If you're European you should be used to the by far worse option of a soccer/football shootout which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.

WeberStreit

Jan 31, 2008
Canada is 0/4 in terms of winning the Gold Medal in WC that John Tavares attends and has won 4/10 Gold Medals he did not attend during that timeframe.

Not taking anything specific from that, it's just kinda funny.
Tavares was there best player though. Really lucky win for us (swiss) and I think we will have no chance tomorrow. But that was a nailbiter.

Reactions: Smif

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
This is such a perfect final for us guys, I'd rather cheers with you, even if we loose

To win this final against you at home would be amazing though
It really means a lot to both of us. Swiss are due for a gold and deserve one. Josi deserves a gold too! Time will tell. I expect to be throwing up by the third.lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

Loffer

Sep 22, 2011
Congrats to the watchmakers! The Canucks steamrolled over the Swiss for two periods like a hurricane on skates and a wave after a wave but got only two goals for exchange.

The Swiss goaltender, Genoni, did not bow nor buckle. Losing was no option, so the dude took just enough ’catches’ and won the game. Inspiring showing. Not the butcher, and thank god for that, but the catcher of Prague.

We salute you, Mr. Genoni. And congratulate the whole team and organization.

The final won’t be any essier though.

Silky Johnson

Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
If you're European you should be used to the by far worse option of a soccer/football shootout which is the dumbest thing I've ever seen.
I'm not European. I said I live in Europe. I work here.

I also don't really much like Soccer. Rugby is a much better game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad