GDT: SF - CAN vs. SUI May 25, 2024

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I usually like Tourigny as a coach but there were a few headscratcher choices for the SO

Surprised he didnt used Tavares and Guenther, especially since he knows the latter really well
Tavares only has a 25% shootout goal rate, probably a good omission.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Good game by Switzerland. Canada wasn't going to be a very good shootout team so that result was not a shock at all. I'm disappointed that I don't have anything interesting to watch tomorrow.
Not with the players Dumbo put out there. Bedard and Guenther should have been in iit

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Firstly - I want to congratulate the Swiss. I hope they win gold.

Second - I cannot believe Canada's players were not instructed to shoot on every shot. Did they not see Genoni's work on breakaways? That is pathetic from the coaching staff and the players to not be tuned into how you score on Genoni. Swiss scored on two shots.. They shot every time down

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Swiss were crap after the 1st period. If Canada had anyone who could finish and a real coach they likely win.
You seem like someone that has watched this game as their first game in the tournament.

You don't know anything about Suisse hockey and probably nothing about international hockey either.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Tavares only has a 25% shootout goal rate, probably a good omission.

I remember during the round robin, the announcers were talking about how few shootout guys were on the team.

The team didn't have a lot of stickhandling and puck control skill on the team (aside from Bedard) and that always affects your shootouts and PPs.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
You seem like someone that has watched this game as their first game in the tournament.

You don't know anything about Suisse hockey and probably nothing about international hockey either.
What the eff does that have to do with anything? We are talking about THIS game.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
What the eff does that have to do with anything? We are talking about THIS game.

Teams try to turtle and hold on to their lead all the time.

It's why score effects are cited so often in NHL games where the team that is down in the game soundly outshoots the opposition.

We should have scored on the 4 on 3. Yes, we killed one off too after, but that was the game right there.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
Suisse has been dominant this tournament. They get a lead and they shut it down the rest of the game, Canada broke thru their amazing defensive game, very solid showing by both teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $5,000.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00