Proposal: Severson to Toronto

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Can you explain the bolded?
Not seeing how it makes sense when Holl is overpaid and Dermott is fairly paid.
Neither player is overpaid, even if both players were the 6th D their cap hits would be fair for their role. Can you explain to me how Holl is overpaid and why ?

Reactions: TML1990

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Neither player is overpaid, even if both players were the 6th D their cap hits would be fair for their role. Can you explain to me how Holl is overpaid and why ?
He makes 2 mil/yr for a borderline bottom pair player.
Fine if you don't believe that is overpaid but then Dermott as the better player would have to be underpaid.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
He is easily the best top 4 RD Toronto could realistically go after this deadline

If he's that good the Devils are better off keeping him.

Also "being the best available" doesn't make you a good player. Even then, he's not the best top 4RD out there. The guys trash defensively, zero interest, please stop trying to push him on us. Nobody here wants him.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
To Toronto:
Damon Severson @50% retained salary
2022 3rd round pick

To NJ:
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
2022 1st round pick

Neutral fan here. That seems like a steep price for Toronto to pay. I don't think they value Severson as much as NJ does.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Severson is absolute garbage defensively, I would not take him for free. Not even exaggerating. In our back to back games, he was hands down the worst player for either team. He can't defend, he's not physical, never in position. Absolutely zero interest in Severson.

The proposed offer is laughable. Just considering how bad he is, he's literally not worth taking for free. Waste of cap space, heavy pass.

He's bad, but he's still better than any leafs D-man defensively so what does that tell you lol

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
He makes 2 mil/yr for a borderline bottom pair player.
Fine if you don't believe that is overpaid but then Dermott as the better player would have to be underpaid.
They are both fairly paid for what they bring, Also Holl has spent a good chunk of the year in the top 4 while Dermott has been used in an almost strictly bottom pair deployment.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Funny, you should read every Leafs fans post in this thread...irony at its finest :laugh:
Still waiting for the numbers, oh wait you have none cause you were talking out of your behind. Stick to senators player analysis your better off that way.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
They are both fairly paid for what they bring, Also Holl has spent a good chunk of the year in the top 4 while Dermott has been used in an almost strictly bottom pair deployment.
Yes, that's the problem.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
Hes still played there with moderately positive results. Its a 500k difference which doesn't make or break the leafs.
The issue isn't his salary, the issue is he's not very good and is a must to be upgraded before the playoffs.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I guarantee Leafs fans are judging him based on that one particular OT play against the Leafs.
As you know, the world revolves around the Leafs so they know Severson best.
Spread the word man spread the word. LMAO! It's great when we can get others to preach the truth. Saves us time and energy.

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
To Toronto:
Damon Severson @50% retained salary
2022 3rd round pick

To NJ:
Nick Robertson
Timothy Liljegren
2022 1st round pick

No

Liljegren has played less than half a season and is already showing he can be a top 4 D man nice he gains his confidence. Plus we add a first and Robertson.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
The Leafs aren't moving Liljegren. The entire point of targeting a RHD is because that side has no depth, it literally defeats the purpose to trade our only young RHD. He's also had a very promising rookie year after putting many years of development into him and he'll still be cheap to re-sign as a RFA without much of a resume. He is one of the last players on the team I would expect the Leafs to deal.

Reactions: LeafGrief

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I'm a Leafs fan, and I think Leafs fans are crazy for not wanting to target Severson...

I wouldn't want him at that price, but at 50% retained for ANOTHER year after this is very enticing.

He's playing monster minutes on a bad Devils team, and his numbers are quite respectable.

And also having a top 4 of Rielly/Brodie/Muzzin/Severson is solid.

The other thing is, he can fit into the teams system.

ACC1224

Aug 19, 2002
I'm a Leafs fan, and I think Leafs fans are crazy for not wanting to target Severson...

I wouldn't want him at that price, but at 50% retained for ANOTHER year after this is very enticing.

He's playing monster minutes on a bad Devils team, and his numbers are quite respectable.

And also having a top 4 of Rielly/Brodie/Muzzin/Severson is solid.

The other thing is, he can fit into the teams system.
I think it's more the price the OP was suggesting.

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
I guarantee Leafs fans are judging him based on that one particular OT play against the Leafs.
As you know, the world revolves around the Leafs so they know Severson best.
Your belief that " the world revolves around the Leafs" unfortunately isn't shared by Leaf fans. Though maybe it ought to be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad