OT: Severe Weather Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I went during a blizzard Habs vs Isles at the coliseum there was 3,000 people there maybe 2,500 were from Montreal all bussed in. It was like a habs home game it sucked I think we got blown out too.
And they invited everyone to move and take an open seat.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
how magnamimous of them?

we used to move to open seats at shea and the garden in the 70s. the usher invited us after we slipped him a 5!
A “fin” back in the day. Doesn’t get you much now.

Starting price today is a double sawbuck. :wally:

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
FYI, through someone I know who works at UBS (not at the Dippin' Dots stand unfortunately), they told me regarding tomorrow's game they won't cancel unless a State of Emergency is issued. However, I see on Twitter that Hochul issued one starting at 8 PM tonight, so I would lean towards an announcement being made on tomorrow's game this evening.

To add, LIRR is suspending all service in the early AM through the brunt of the storm tomorrow so I can't see how anyone is making it to the game. Not just the fans, but the necessary arena personnel etc

Last edited:

cavs

Nov 15, 2007
FYI, through someone I know who works at UBS (not at the Dippin' Dots stand unfortunately), they told me regarding tomorrow's game they won't cancel unless a State of Emergency is issued. However, I see on Twitter that Hochul issued one starting at 8 PM tonight, so I would lean towards an announcement being made on tomorrow's game this evening.

To add, LIRR is suspending all service in the early AM through the brunt of the storm tomorrow so I can't see how anyone is making it to the game. Not just the fans, but the necessary arena personnel etc

Thank you for the update. I have a group of 20 people heading to the game tomorrow on a bus for my Birthday. My ticket rep who has helped us every year won’t let us reschedule our group unless the game is cancelled. I get it but a little flexibility would be nice considering the danger traveling.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Thank you for the update. I have a group of 20 people heading to the game tomorrow on a bus for my Birthday. My ticket rep who has helped us every year won’t let us reschedule our group unless the game is cancelled. I get it but a little flexibility would be nice considering the danger traveling.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Your ticket rep sucks.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
That is absolutely ridiculous. Your ticket rep sucks.
let's hope your ticket rep will be replaced by you and your group regardless of the outcome. these idiots work for you! say the words they need to hear and tell them you're gonna go in another direction from here on in and thanks.... FOR NOTHING!!

Reactions: cavs

cavs

Nov 15, 2007
I agree. I’m done with this guy. The package came out to $2,784 and he seems to care less about losing us. I would think that would be a good commission to have every year.

TeamKidd

Aug 9, 2004
Light snow breaking out across the island, will get steadier and heavier overnight. The real blizzard early tomorrow AM thru mid afternoon. I'd say we are looking at 1 to 2 feet from the nassau queens line to Montauk. Impressive development occurring right now over NC and VA

cavs

Nov 15, 2007
So since the game was cancelled and I am petty now I would message him directly and ask his recommendation on another ticket rep.

My wife set all this up. I just made her CC me on an email asking “do we get a refund since the game was rescheduled to Wednesday and we will not be able to attend”? She set all this up for me and put a lot of work into it, she asked me not to argue with the guy. I might have no choice depending on how he responds.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
My wife set all this up. I just made her CC me on an email asking “do we get a refund since the game was rescheduled to Wednesday and we will not be able to attend”? She set all this up for me and put a lot of work into it, she asked me not to argue with the guy. I might have no choice depending on how he responds.
I don't know man. Almost 3k is probably worth a conversation if the guy doesn't want to play ball.

I have told such people in past that I or none of my friends and associates will ever use you again. Furthermore, when you are reading about your shifty service in the morning paper at the breakfast nook, I'll be calling the BBB and the local TV consumer affairs reporter.

My pettiness will cost you way more than you cost me and that is worth it since you can't do the right thing and do the right thing

cavs

Nov 15, 2007
I don't know man. Almost 3k is probably worth a conversation if the guy doesn't want to play ball.

I have told such people in past that I or none of my friends and associates will ever use you again. Furthermore, when you are reading about your shifty service in the morning paper at the breakfast nook, I'll be calling the BBB and the local TV consumer affairs reporter.

My pettiness will cost you way more than you cost me and that is worth it since you can't do the right thing and do the right thing

I think there will be other options after I speak with him. Want to see how he responds to her before I say anything… like your style though lol

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I think there will be other options after I speak with him. Want to see how he responds to her before I say anything… like your style though lol
It's the Brooklyn in me, although I left in 1990, it's a mindset!.....I always try for diplomacy first but when they push me to that last degree....gloves off to keep it hockeyesque

cavs

Nov 15, 2007
It's the Brooklyn in me, although I left in 1990, it's a mindset!.....I always try for diplomacy first but when they push me to that last degree....gloves off to keep it hockeyesque

Haha nice. I grew up in Canarsie

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

They’re probably equally worried about bad press on social media so let them know you’re active on this board and other Isles centric outlets and you’d hate to bash them.

If that fails try to get a new rep and rat out the current one. You might need to use someone other than your wife as the point person if you’re setting up a new account.

Good luck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad