Sergei Bobrovsky is now a HHOF lock

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
I am still thinking he will get in someday. Game 5 loss or not. For example is this even a conversation if he wins either one of Game 4 or 5?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I am still thinking he will get in someday. Game 5 loss or not. For example is this even a conversation if he wins either one of Game 4 or 5?
If Luongo wins that one game 7 in 2011 or doesn’t choke during the games in Boston, his already great career looks different in how he was viewed as a playoff performer. When it comes to the playoffs, you either win or you don’t. A reverse sweep in a SCF would be a massive stain on how people view Bobrovsky whether it’s fair or not, especially given he wasn’t great last year against Vegas.

• Love
Reactions: Mike C

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I mean, No disrespect to Vernon. But with him inducted it opens the floodgates for a lot of goaltenders when it was previously the hardest position to get into the HHOF.

Wouldn't be surprised if Bobrovsky makes it. He's even added to his resume this year, being a Vezina finalist and all.

100%. Vernon was a bizarre HOF choice, and inducting him really opens the door to any goalie who can string together a career as an above average starter with decent longevity.

Reactions: Voight and Felidae

Fataldogg

Mar 22, 2007
Bobrovsky is an interesting case. He hasn't had the consistency of a goalie like Henrik Lundqvist and he doesn't have good playoff numbers. A .905 career save percentage in the post season aren't hall of fame numbers. He is a goalie who has had several great regular seasons, and 1 or 2 good playoff runs, with a slew of below average seasons and below average playoff runs.

I think the 2x Vezina helps his case, but there are much better goalies, like Price, Lundqvist, etc who have less Vezina trophies than him.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
They're about the same age what's Holtby been up to the last few years? Surely the best goalie of this generation would still be able to play after turning 30 right?
Please tell me where I said holtby was the best goalie of this generation? All I said was with all the talk about how great bobrovsky is, his stats aren't that different then holtby. In the playoffs, holtby is way better

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
If Luongo wins that one game 7 in 2011 or doesn’t choke during the games in Boston, his already great career looks different in how he was viewed as a playoff performer. When it comes to the playoffs, you either win or you don’t. A reverse sweep in a SCF would be a massive stain on how people view Bobrovsky whether it’s fair or not, especially given he wasn’t great last year against Vegas.

I am not saying Bobrovsky is Tony Esposito per se, but Tony O had a rough end to the Cup final in 1971 in Game 7 and the 1973 Cup final was disastrous for him. He's in right? Getting to two Cup finals even in a loss is still impressive. But let's keep in mind, he hasn't lost the Cup final yet. He could win tomorrow and be a worthy Cup winner.

Conbon

Oct 4, 2016
London
Please tell me where I said holtby was the best goalie of this generation? All I said was with all the talk about how great bobrovsky is, his stats aren't that different then holtby. In the playoffs, holtby is way better
Holtby stinks he's retired at 34 and wasn't even average the last couple years that he played.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Calling him a lock before a cup and/or Smythe win this year was very much a case of counting your chickens before they hatch.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Nothing particularly special about Bob in this playoffs. And for his career he's been a big negative in the playoffs. Look at his combined career playoff GSAA. It's brutal.

There are better goalies than him who are not in the HHOF.

NotCommitted

Jul 4, 2013
Well he certainly has made this series interesting / weird. Bob is a scary goalie, it just depends on his form for which team... out of all the top goalies he's probably the most Jekyll/Hyde. If he has a bad game I always get the sense he might be unraveling, not sure if that's fair to him or not, just my gut feeling. When he's on, he's such a treat to watch though, gotta love an active goalie in the age of big bodies trying to avoid having to make a save :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad