Sergei Bobrovsky is now a HHOF lock

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mirka the Turka

Jesus loves you
Oct 20, 2022
Plus Hall of Fames are so forward based then Dmen

With their being only 60 plus goalies in the league every year you gotta give multi time Vezina winners automatically in the hall of fame or at least with heavy consideration

Reactions: Tofveve

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Well, that's how you play to repair a mixed complicated reputation. If he steals 4 games like last night, it's a tough argument to keep him out. He could be the only HOF goalie to have polar opposite seasons.
Most of the HOF goalies have one thing in common, consistency. Bob's highs are pretty high, but his lows were........
Great game last night.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Haven’t read through the whole thread so this point may well have been made already, but it’s remarkable how the discourse over Bob has changed in recent history. Just over a year ago he was a washed up bum with arguably the worst contract in the entire league, now he’s discussed as a potential HOFer.
An amazing feat. Great goalie to us he a washed up bum....to fantastic goalie winning 6 of his last 7 series while standing on his head.

Tampa had the best offense/defense/goaltending for a few years straight. 3 straight finals. I definitely have them as the best team of the cap era in that stretch, above any of Pittsburgh or Chicago's best or anyone elses.

I also don't really get your reaction. Like it's fine if you disagree, but you seem almost shocked by my comment. Even if you don't have Tampa outright #1, they definitely have a very strong case so I don't really get the reaction.
Tampa is right there with Pitt and Chicgao Cup winners.
But I would put the Hawks as best team of the three over.

Reactions: Sentinel

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
If we are measuring his entire career, for which entry into the HHOF is a requirement, none of the modern day goaltenders (Roy, Hasek, Belfour, Brodeur) in the HOF had the volatility of performance that Bobrovsky has had, over his career. His best stat years were in Columbus, where he choked in the playoffs, after being the best/(one of) goalie in the NHL. Then his early Florida years had some wondering if he was toast. His numbers, even on a very, very good Florida team are just above middle of the pack. Plus below is his career playoff stats, not impressive at ALL!
so some could say he is a system goalie, whose performance in FLA got better as the team did.
I'm not hacking on him, i just don't think his career has been consistent enough to warrant the HHOF.
I certainly don't expect him to win the Conn Smythe, this year. He's not the reason they're winning.
FLA is a brute squad, that wears teams down with 60min efforts of punishment.
Very well constructed team, that should reinforce how teams should be built for the playoffs.
(and I'm a Boston fan)
View attachment 878686
Other than Hasek, who isn’t a system goalie? It’s a team sport. Every goalie benefits from seeing shots and having a clear crease.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Other than Hasek, who isn’t a system goalie? It’s a team sport. Every goalie benefits from seeing shots and having a clear crease.
for the most part, you're correct. But, there have been goalies that have gone on runs that outplayed their own teams performance, or at least covered their teams mistakes to the point of stealing a series. Tim Thomas 2011, comes to mind.(Yes I'm a homer when it comes to Thomas, just ask Vancouver)

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
for the most part, you're correct. But, there have been goalies that have gone on runs that outplayed their own teams performance, or at least covered their teams mistakes to the point of stealing a series. Tim Thomas 2011, comes to mind.(Yes I'm a homer when it comes to Thomas, just ask Vancouver)

Agreed. That said not a single goalie will steal a series if the opposition can consistently take his eyes away. A certain amount of ability is needed from the rest of the group.

Reactions: Mad-Marcus

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
It's pretty open on the Panthers side. It could be Barkov, Tkachuk, or Forsling also. It depends on this series.

Could be. Verhaeghe is very much in that mix too. I don't know how he does it by being this guy that gets timely playoff goals but he does. Either way, Bob is either the front runner or co-front runner, especially after last night's game. He'll be a starting goalie on a Cup winning team either way if they win, with a finals appearance before that and Two Vezinas. At this point he is basically Mike Liut with a stronger playoff record, and isn't that the thing that we can agree that kept Liut out (also whatever grudge people have from 1981 Canada Cup)?

Reactions: Dread Clawz

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Could be. Verhaeghe is very much in that mix too. I don't know how he does it by being this guy that gets timely playoff goals but he does. Either way, Bob is either the front runner or co-front runner, especially after last night's game. He'll be a starting goalie on a Cup winning team either way if they win, with a finals appearance before that and Two Vezinas. At this point he is basically Mike Liut with a stronger playoff record, and isn't that the thing that we can agree that kept Liut out (also whatever grudge people have from 1981 Canada Cup)?
Oh yeah, definitely at least co-front runner after last night.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Conn Smythe Odds After Game 1:
Sergei Bobrovsky: +220
Aleksander Barkov: +280
Connor McDavid: +320
Matthew Tkachuk: +500
Carter Verhaeghe: +1500
Leon Draisaitl: +1800
Evan Bouchard: +2000
Gustav Forsling: +4500
Sam Reinhart: +6000
Zach Hyman: +13000
Stuart Skinner: +17000
Sam Bennett: +20000
Brandon Montour: +30000
Ryan Nugent Hopkins: +50000
Mattias Ekholm: +50000
Evander Kane: +50000
Evan Rodrigues: +50000
Anton Lundell: +50000
Aaron Ekblad: +50000

Reactions: Amorgus and Tofveve

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020

McDavid is a bargain at +320
Essentially if edmonton win they will hand it to him regardless of whatever happens.

If mcD got a monster run and they lose, he might still get it.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I should go put a Benjamin down on Benny

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
He's probably gonna finish his career with 450+ wins and 50+ playoff wins. 3 vezina nominations, 2 wins. 2 SCF appearances (potentially a win). His career save percentage and GAA numbers are pretty solid as well.

I think he's got a pretty solid case already, even with some of the ups and downs he's had. A lot of his struggles have come when playing on bad defensive teams - when he's had a solid structure in front of him he's been pretty elite, especially in the playoffs.

Reactions: Goose, MaWa and ViD

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad