News: Senyshyn Asks Bruins For a Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
Odd to publicly ask for a trade, after the team's waived you and nobody was interested. I guess the Bruins could just release him, and he can try starting over on a new AHL team?
A player has more value after they have cleared waivers than they do while they are on them.
They still aren’t worth much but their value does go up a bit. Because the team trading for them can assign them straight to their own AHL team.

Gifu

Dec 17, 2021
Is he really that bad? Could he be a useful 3rd/4th line PKing winger?
No he's not that bad. In fact, he has played well in the Bruins whenever he has been called up, but unfortunately has been injured and sent back to the AHL. The Bruins haven’t given a fair chance, which i wonder.
He is indeed able to be a 3rd/4th line player and can play PK (Maybe start with 4th line and then see if he develops into 3rd line player). I would see that he has the tools to develop into a good 3rd line player. As a versatile one. His speed is really great to watch

Last edited:
Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I get why people are trying to connect this to the Leafs becse Dubas tries to collect all the soo grey hounds.

But I just don't see the point, there isn't a single spot he can take on the NHL roster so he'd be in the same position he is now, in the AHL.

Depth is always good but that depth has to be able to contribute and if he can't crack a a relativity thin Bruins forward roster he's not going to crack a much deeper forward core in Toronto

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This guy has great wheels and absolutely zero hockey sense. Literally the most deer-in-headlights guy you will ever see.

Cleared waivers twice.

Called up to the NHL in each of the past three seasons and all he has to show for it is an empty netter.

Hilarious that he's demanding a trade and said he wasn't given an opportunity.

Also: Senyshyn’s agent is Andy Scott of Octagon Hockey, the same agency that represents DeBrusk, who has also asked to be traded.

Pulling this twice in the media is just going to make Sweeney spiteful.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Not sure who would be interested in him. Now 24 with 3 pts in 14 career NHL games and has not been lighting it up in the AHL either. What does be bring?

Reactions: finchster

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018
It’s really easy to criticize scouts and GMs in hindsight but in this situation it’s not even hind considering they wanted to be the smartest guys on draft day. An awful job all around.

Reactions: DingDongCharlie

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Somebody has a waiver eligible bust or soon to be bust?

From the Flames, Tyler Parsons or Glenn Gawdin

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
I mean, I’d take a flyer on him for a 7th from the leafs…but he’d still start in the AHL

I dunno if any team is gonna put him on their main roster immediately

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
The problem is our gm and scouts are terrible at drafting and really he should have been fired immediately after that awful draft. We hoped it was a rookie error but his drafting remains awful as does everything else he does. The Bruins are very soon going to be a basement team for many years when the top line runs its course. They've carried us forever and gave the false impression of a good team. Sweeney has done nothing but make this team progressively worse since the day he arrived.
It’s crazy that I keep seeing Don Sweeney in the top 10 GM lists solely based on how strong the Bruins have been since he started, when in reality he has systematically rotted the team to the core through historically bad drafting, terrible free agent signings and abysmal player development. Perhaps not all of these are on him, but they were on his watch. Once Bergeron and Marchand hang them up this will instantly become a lottery team and this idiot let it happen when he had ample opportunity to rebuild on the fly.
Somehow, we need to get over the following insane GM delusions:
1. Playing sports at an Ivy League school is somehow an indication that you could hold your own academically at that school if you were not there on a sports scholarship.
2. Being good at hockey when you were young does not automatically qualify you for an executive position in the sport later.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad