News: Senyshyn Asks Bruins For a Trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
He makes sense for Edmonton who are struggling to find secondary scoring. They're also stretching out the depth in Bakersfield with their call ups.

Turris would be the preferable return, but I could see a similarly aged depth AHL guy like Soderlund or Safin.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
He never really looked out of place in his short NHL stints to me
I really don't understand why he wasn't given an extended audition. We signed a bunch of garbage scrubs this off season for multi year deals to do what Seny could have managed I'm sure. I don't think he'd be anything special but at least give him a shot. You reached for no reason so might as well try him. I don't think Cassidy liked him much so that's likely not helping him

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
he was friends with my cousin prior to getting drafted.

Told my cousin that his agent told him he is likely going mid 2nd round round that year. And now he is asking for a trade probably knows his time is limited and if he can squeak out a run of NHL games somewhere because of draft pedigree thats going to be a few extra 100k's when the career is over.

Vukotal Recall

Jan 30, 2010
As horrible as those 3 picks were in retrospect, Boston hit absolute home runs in 2014 and 2016, dramatically exceeding expected return for the picks they used on McAvoy and Pastrnak as they missed the expected value on these picks.

Very true. But it's still fun to laugh at the Bruins.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
IIRC, Dubas was a fan of his in his draft year. Senyshyn to TOR for a contract?
I wouldn't have a problem with it but I wouldn't see the point given he'd be on the Marlies and be back in the same situation he was with Boston. Would any NHL team actually have him on their NHL team right away? I doubt it.

Reactions: Deam78

cyris

On a Soma Holiday
Dec 6, 2008
3rd Planet From Sun.
I wouldn't have a problem with it but I wouldn't see the point given he'd be on the Marlies and be back in the same situation he was with Boston. Would any NHL team actually have him on their NHL team right away? I doubt it.
He might be willing to start over with another team if he feels there could be a path forward.
At this point the player and the organization have probably lost faith in each other.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He might be willing to start over with another team if he feels there could be a path forward.
At this point the player and the organization have probably lost faith in each other.

Not getting a look when the Bruins had their COVID issues seems telling from their side. Can't say that I blame him, but it's not like he's set the AHL alight in his time there either.

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Bonk! Go to Austria.

There is nothing funnier than guys who are destined for a sweet ten-year AHL career asking for trades. It's hilarious. Like he's is going to magically pick up skills in Charlotte or Des Moines.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
He makes sense for Edmonton who are struggling to find secondary scoring. They're also stretching out the depth in Bakersfield with their call ups.

Turris would be the preferable return, but I could see a similarly aged depth AHL guy like Soderlund or Safin.
Senyshen has hardly provided secondary scoring throughout his AHL career, what makes him make sense for an NHL team getting secondary scoring help?

LetsGoIslanders

Mar 6, 2005
NYC
Lesson, don't draft a player in the first round that doesn't have a very clearly defined talent. How many teams have been down this road?

The Islanders drafted Griffin Reinhart and Michael Dal Colle exactly where they were projected. Neither had any standout qualities aside from easily dominating the CHL. When they went to the AHL they were relative disasters.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Which ones has he picked up that been a bad decision?
Muzzin, Sandin, Bunting, and Campbell have worked out pretty well for us

McCann, Thornton, Keefe, Hollowell, (soon to be acquired) Colin Miller…
And a few more again…

Nick Ritchie and some scouts, coaches, etc

Chris Roque – Amateur Scout (Leafs)
Victor Carneiro – Amateur Scout (Leafs)
Richard Rotenberg – Director of High Performance (Leafs)
Wes Clark – Assistant Director of Player Personnel (Leafs)
A.J. MacLean – Assistant Coach (Marlies)
Jon Elkin – Goalie Coach (Marlies)

Like I said, Dubas loves his Soo Greyhounds like they’re knickknacks.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
Odd to publicly ask for a trade, after the team's waived you and nobody was interested. I guess the Bruins could just release him, and he can try starting over on a new AHL team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad