Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Ceci's average ice time is not going up, in any significant way, if at all .......... he's averaged over 23 minutes a game for the past two seasons
Please quote where Boucher said he will not change Ceci's average ice time.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Oh lawd, we're actually doing a Boro-Ceci pairing? If its the third pairing getting very limited ice time, I would get it but we all know that's not happening. They are going to get eaten alive.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Yep especially now with Ceci's -27 and -32 leading the charge.

Yep, do you even think before you spout out garbage?

Says the guy using +/- as the sole metric for rating a player.

Perhaps you're the one who needs to think before spewing garbage.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Oh lawd, we're actually doing a Boro-Ceci pairing? If its the third pairing getting very limited ice time, I would get it but we all know that's not happening. They are going to get eaten alive.

Agreed... Not what Ceci needs to be more effective and Boro has reached his peak .. bottom pair D man. I think its a bad decision

Reactions: bert

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Says the guy using +/- as the sole metric for rating a player.

Perhaps you're the one who needs to think before spewing garbage.

hahahahahaha It was a reply to him using the +/- to rate a player.

Maybe you should read before talking out of your ass.

Reactions: BondraTime

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Please quote where he said he would change his ice time.
2005 account creation date and you aren't aware of the meme Dracula has created for himself with the stupid quote requests 24/7?

Anyway, I know this is very complicated scenario, but the argument can be explained in just a single sentence: when you remove your defenseman who took 30min of ice time a game, the remaining players will absorb that time.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
If only we got Hertl instead of Tierney in that trade and it would look respectable

Or Mier instead of Balco

or just simply kept our best player

if only.

When Benjvi broke the trade then said Hertl and Braun as likely return I was deeply hurt but realized we were getting back a top line player in Hertl.

When that didn't come to fruition I was even more gut wrenched but realized Meier will work well with our team. When we got none, that's an absolute pathetic joke, and we didn't even get Braun too. We got their worst top 9 player and worst top 6 defender. Absolutely pathetic.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
When Benjvi broke the trade then said Hertl and Braun as likely return I was deeply hurt but realized we were getting back a top line player in Hertl.

When that didn't come to fruition I was even more gut wrenched but realized Meier will work well with our team. When we got none, that's an absolute pathetic joke, and we didn't even get Braun too. We got their worst top 9 player and worst top 6 defender. Absolutely pathetic.
Hertl isn't a top line player, he hasn't even hit 50 points before playing with Thornton or Couture. He'd struggle here big time.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Hertl isn't a top line player, he hasn't even hit 50 points before playing with Thornton or Couture. He'd struggle here big time.

Exactly. I don't know why everyone is sleeping on Tierney so much.

Tierney is younger and has a career high of 42pts playing mainly with Boedker as opposed to Hertl's 46pts, playing mainly with Couture.

S.J

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Agreed... Not what Ceci needs to be more effective and Boro has reached his peak .. bottom pair D man. I think its a bad decision
The entire mind set to play that way at all is the biggest issue for me. Thats not how you win in this league anymore. But hey lets pretend the league is how it used to be, using Boro and Ceci as a matchup pair wouldnt have worked anyway. This is the reason why i think this team simply doesnt have a chance. Vegas figured out a style and system of play that is effective if the team lacks top end talent. Then last night we watched a not very talented Montreal team play the exact same way. As idiotic as Bergevin appears to have been he seems to have done one thing very well its integrate up and coming, young progressive coaches. Ducharm in Montreal as the assistant and Bouchard in Laval. They addopted the team canada WJC style all speed roll 4 lines. Dont care who you are veteran or rookie the best players play. Alzner and Plekanec were healthy scratches. They gave the leafs all they could handle last night. Only reason Toronto won is because Matthews and Tavares have world class skill they were outplayed by a far less talented Montreal team.

So what im saying there is a style and system to play to be competitive if you lack talent in the NHL. The sens unfortunately do not appear to improvising and adapting to this style of play.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Oh come on, have you not watched the player? His skill set is elite, big player with great skill and uses his size very well. Relentless on the puck, he was San Jose's best forward in the playoffs last year. Didnt even notice Tierney, they arent in the same league. Its not just about stats even if it was his are still better.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
The entire mind set to play that way at all is the biggest issue for me. Thats not how you win in this league anymore. But hey lets pretend the league is how it used to be, using Boro and Ceci as a matchup pair wouldnt have worked anyway. This is the reason why i think this team simply doesnt have a chance. Vegas figured out a style and system of play that is effective if the team lacks top end talent. Then last night we watched a not very talented Montreal team play the exact same way. As idiotic as Bergevin appears to have been he seems to have done one thing very well its integrate up and coming, young progressive coaches. Ducharm in Montreal as the assistant and Bouchard in Laval. They addopted the team canada WJC style all speed roll 4 lines. Dont care who you are veteran or rookie the best players play. Alzner and Plekanec were healthy scratches. They gave the leafs all they could handle last night. Only reason Toronto won is because Matthews and Tavares have world class skill they were outplayed by a far less talented Montreal team.

So what im saying there is a style and system to play to be competitive if you lack talent in the NHL. The sens unfortunately do not appear to improvising and adapting to this style of play.

Wait... what? We haven't even played a single game yet. What makes you say that?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Oh come on, have you not watched the player? His skill set is elite, big player with great skill and uses his size very well. Relentless on the puck, he was San Jose's best forward in the playoffs last year. Didnt even notice Tierney, they arent in the same league. Its not just about stats even if it was his are still better.
I'm not arguing that Tierny is better, he isn't. Everyone knows that.

I am saying that Hertl isn't a top line player. He's soon to be 26, and while I expect him to put up ~55-60 points this year, he certainly wouldn't here.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Because Boucher literally just came out and said they are matching Boro and Ceci against the other teams top lines. Which is what i started with.

But what does that have to do with the system we play?

Either way, almost every move we've made since Boucher has been around has revolved around moving out slower, perimeter players for players with more speed an net drive. That's how goals are scored in today's NHL. It's the reason we got Duchene for Turris, Boedker for Hoffman. It's the reason two 19-yr olds Tkachuk and Formenton made the team, while Brown didn't. It's very clear that we're adapting the team for this style of play.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Exactly. I don't know why everyone is sleeping on Tierney so much.

Tierney is younger and has a career high of 42pts playing mainly with Boedker as opposed to Hertl's 46pts, playing mainly with Couture.

S.J

Timo Meier carried Tiereny. It means we could maybe expect 20 goals and 40+ points him playing with Stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad