Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
The comments (back then) from Dorion about him being on a short leash this year and that he'd have to rely more on young guys suggest that he has to change to continue his coaching career in the NHL. If he can't have his team to play more efficient "modern" hockey, he will be out of the NHL soon and HE KNOWS IT.

Boucher is probably very aware that Eugene can't afford to pay for 2 coaches so his job is safe until MelynkOUT!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
lol, Boucher is still quite young for a coach. He'll get many other opportunities if we let him go. Just like players, coaches can also learn and improve as they get more experience.

IlTerrifico

Oct 24, 2016
A question to ponder:

I doubt the Sens will be favoured in a road game all season, unless most of the other team's roster is injured, or a couple of wives and girlfriends are having an epic chemistry-killing spat.

But realistically, against which teams will they even be favoured at home? Montreal, Vancouver, maybe Arizona?

Since that represents 8-10 points, is it realistic to expect even 50 points this year? As it stands now, they would need to steal 85 or so more points to make the playoffs. It seems very....Cleveland Brown-ish.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yes he is on his 2nd NHL life already. No guarantee he’d get a 3rd

lol but forget it, Ducharme and Bouchard are the Habs future in coaching
That's my point, he was already in the "change or you're done" situation. He never changed. That's why he was off to Switzerland until we needed a cheap coach. I see no reason this will be any different (as it wasn't in SC Bern)

Reactions: FolignoQuantumLeap

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
That's my point, he was already in the "change or you're done" situation. He never changed. That's why he was off to Switzerland until we needed a cheap coach. I see no reason this will be any different (as it wasn't in SC Bern)

So we can conclude it’s over for him in the NHL? Doubt any team would need a cheap hire. Heck the Coyotes look like Rothschild compared to the Sens these days

Personally, I wanted to see 10-15 games this year before I could make a new opinion on Boucher but looks like everybody want to hang him already

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
So we can conclude it’s over for him in the NHL? Doubt any team would need a cheap hire. Heck the Coyotes look like Rothschild compared to the Sens these days

Personally, I wanted to see 10-15 games this year before I could make a new opinion on Boucher but looks like everybody want to hang him already
It's been my opinion since before last season started (Knowing that it's his 2nd season that goes off the rails). I had hoped that he would change his tune, but he never, even amongst one of the worst losing streaks we have ever had. I don't see why this year would be any different, Here's hoping this is the year it clicks.

I can't see any teams actively seeking him as a head coach once he's done here, but that's only my un- knowledgeable opinion

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
It's been my opinion since before last season started (Knowing that it's his 2nd season that goes off the rails). I had hoped that he would change his tune, but he never, even amongst one of the worst losing streaks we have ever had. I don't see why this year would be any different, Here's hoping this is the year it clicks.

I can't see any teams actively seeking him as a head coach once he's done here, but that's only my un- knowledgeable opinion

No I agree, if he can’t make his squad work differently he is pretty much done. Passive defense clearly doesn’t work anymore; gotta apply pressure on the puck carrier at all times, and move the puck faster.

I’m expecting the Sens to match the Habs effort and performance; if not it’s the a fail. Heck, if the Sens could work as hard as the Habs they would actually do better than people expect.

It’s like 0 balls, 2 strikes for Boucher against a Cy Young pitcher, so yeah not likely he survives.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I'd rather have Boucher at the helm than Crawford but the style needs to change regardless. I would have liked to see the whole coaching staff fired and replaced with someone like Ducharme to coach through the rebuild

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
Tkachuk is out tonight, yes.
Boucher is not going anywhere, this team is far removed from Murray's coach caroussel, and there is no pressure on Boucher this year. If we finish 8 to 10 points from a playoff spot, I see an extension. If the team finishes 2-6 points out, two year extension. If we are bottom 5, he gets forgiven because of the roster and owner.

This is cash money for him, all he needs to do is not totally f*** it up by doing rando stuff like playing Boro on wing, or starting Condon in the home opener (checkmark, Andy starts) and stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad