Pre-Game Talk: SENS vs Chicago, Thursday 7:30 pm (Home Opener)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Still think they need to get rid of a number of players, hopefully PD will make a few more trades. Can't wait to see ...

Duchene - Brown - Stone
Dzingel - Chlapik - Ryan
Tkachuk - White - Batherson
Formenton - Paul - Gagne/McCormick

Chabot - Wideman
Wolanin - Ceci
Lajoie - Jaros/ Harpur

??? - Hogberg

The first line up I agreed with you.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Dzingel Duchene Ryan
Smith White Stone
Formenton Tierney Boedker
Paajarvi McCormick Pyatt

Chabot Wideman
Boro Ceci
Lajoie Demelo

B870CF41-4D30-410E-BA6C-C0E065577D5C.jpeg

Reactions: Gesus and bert

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
Dzingel Duchene Ryan
Smith White Stone
Formenton Tierney Boedker
Paajarvi McCormick Pyatt

Chabot Wideman
Boro Ceci
Lajoie Demelo

View attachment 143813

I mean, we have Boedker and Tierney on our 3rd line even though they were 4th and 6th in scoring among forwards for the Sharks last year.

I'm not too worried about the forwards. Like SensFactor said right above me, it comes down to how well Boucher and the team can cover for a weak D. Now that Karlsson is gone, the system is going to be tighter on the back end.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I mean, we have Boedker and Tierney on our 3rd line even though they were 4th and 6th in scoring among forwards for the Sharks last year.

I'm not too worried about the forwards. Like SensFactor said right above me, it comes down to how well Boucher and the team can cover for a weak D. Now that Karlsson is gone, the system is going to be tighter on the back end.

lol we have Ryan on the top line and White and Smith on the second line...

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Boucher is a master at getting shit teams to overperform. So anything is possible, but that roster is dog shit. The worst in the league, by far.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
2 things I’ll be watching for:

Is Guy Boucher the next Jacques Martin

If Tkachuk and Chabot are true stars as advertised, and you add Stone/ Duchesne/ Dzingel/ Pageau/Batherson/Formenton/, Lajoie/Jaros/ Ceci/Wolanin does that core have enough star power to be a perennial playoff team for the next 2-7 years - IMO it’s a no, I think there’s a lot of depth 5-12 forwards and 3-6 Dman and the core we have coming is a solid base but it doesn’t have the star power to compete every year for a Cup - ace in the hole is Dorion finds another Karlsson and Hossa/Alfie in the draft and we get the young cheap star power to take that huge step from solid team to a perennial team like Pitt / Washington/San Jose /Chicago / Tampa

SENATOR

Feb 6, 2004
Ottawa
Can we sit down Smith in a press box? It is painful to watch this guy, if he is not on the 4th line, with limited minutes. Can we buy out his contract?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

You need d men to get the puck to the forwards... Thats the issue, unless Boucher completely changed this teams systems its going to be an issue. You dont shut teams down by staying back and matchups. Its relentleslly attacking the puck with speed giving no time and space. Montreal is doing it now its Ducharms system and was very effective against Toronto last night. Same way vegas plays.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Pretty sour Tkachuk isn't gonna be playing. But should be fun to watch Formenton and the rest of our young guys.

Lajoie obviously is the most interesting. Does he stick very long? He has Jaros and Wolanin there just waiting for him to string together a few bad games.

Reactions: Alex1234

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
You need d men to get the puck to the forwards... Thats the issue, unless Boucher completely changed this teams systems its going to be an issue. You dont shut teams down by staying back and matchups. Its relentleslly attacking the puck with speed giving no time and space. Montreal is doing it now its Ducharms system and was very effective against Toronto last night. Same way vegas plays.

The "system" for the past two seasons, was to funnel the attacking team to their right, force a turnover and move the puck over to EK65.

The whole system was set up to take advantage of EK65s ability to move the puck up the ice and set up the attack ....... plus playing him practically the full 2 minutes on every PP.

EK65 is history, and Boucher has no choice, he has to change the "system".

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Yeah I think we’re elite now, especially with Demelo and Ceci’s increased ice time.

Ceci's average ice time is not going up, in any significant way, if at all .......... he's averaged over 23 minutes a game for the past two seasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad