OT: Sens Lounge -The Spring before the Summer Begins Again

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Weed got serious in the 90's where THC levels were regularly in the %20+ range thanks to superior genetics and growing techniques. When evaluating the stats one should look at it from the 70's to now to see if there are any changes due to consumption. Those stats are probably not available because it wasn't a problem then like now. Its just self interest groups like MADD and the government are always looking for new ways to promote themselves and secure new streams of revenue through enforcement.

Driving stoned from weed is nothing like being drunk. They are not even comparable.

Similarities Between Driving Drunk and High​

Both alcohol and marijuana impact your ability to drive a vehicle safely. When drunk, your reflexes are slower and your coordination is impaired. Driving high can also impair your reflexes and coordination. Both alcohol and marijuana also affect your ability to pay attention and make smart decisions.

Differences Between Driving Drunk and High​

There are some key differences between drunk driving and driving high. When drunk, you may be unable to make good decisions because you are impaired. Driving high can also impair your judgment. In particular, marijuana can cause paranoia and anxiety, making driving even more difficult. While drunk drivers tend to go faster and take more risks, drivers high on marijuana are likely to drive slow, be unreasonably cautious, and overreact to situations on the road.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Back when I used to smoke cigarettes, there'd be times I'd be trying to drive my stick shift cavalier shit box with a smoke in hand, trying to drink a coffee, navigate the stereo with CD's and binders, and listening to the music so loud you wouldn't hear a fire truck roll up on you. Then they brought in the old cell phones where you could text QWERTY without having to look at the screen.

Now THAT was a real challenge! I didn't even have enough hands and often had to rely on the trusty old knee to steer us to safety.

Reactions: Relapsing

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Back when I used to smoke cigarettes, there'd be times I'd be trying to drive my stick shift cavalier shit box with a smoke in hand, trying to drink a coffee, navigate the stereo with CD's and binders, and listening to the music so loud you wouldn't hear a fire truck roll up on you. Then they brought in the old cell phones where you could text QWERTY without having to look at the screen.

Now THAT was a real challenge! I didn't even have enough hands and often had to rely on the trusty old knee to steer us to safety.
I've seen someone putting on their makeup on the Queensway.... Distracted driving is everywhere!

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Differences Between Driving Drunk and High​

There are some key differences between drunk driving and driving high. When drunk, you may be unable to make good decisions because you are impaired. Driving high can also impair your judgment. In particular, marijuana can cause paranoia and anxiety, making driving even more difficult. While drunk drivers tend to go faster and take more risks, drivers high on marijuana are likely to drive slow, be unreasonably cautious, and overreact to situations on the road.
again, bad drivers are bad drivers. Pot doesn't impair your motor skills like alcohol does. The affects are not even in the same galaxy. I would say drinking 5 cups of coffee is worse than driving stoned. The average daily smoker wouldn't have any problem going about their day stoned doing all of the same things. Also, since when would someone who experiences anxiety and paranoia while driving want to smoke first? Seems very counter intuitive. That's like someone who experiences anxiety from heights wanting to shingle his own roof.

• Haha
Reactions: coladin

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
again, bad drivers are bad drivers. Pot doesn't impair your motor skills like alcohol does. The affects are not even in the same galaxy. I would say drinking 5 cups of coffee is worse than driving stoned. The average daily smoker wouldn't have any problem going about their day stoned doing all of the same things. Also, since when would someone who experiences anxiety and paranoia while driving want to smoke first? Seems very counter intuitive. That's like someone who experiences anxiety from heights wanting to shingle his own roof.

Do you still dream at night?

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
I've seen someone putting on their makeup on the Queensway.... Distracted driving is everywhere!

Was driving west on Ogilvie Road early one morning, and pulled up to stop light and noticed the guy in the car in the lane beside me was using his two hands to eat a bowl of cereal while driving. Just looked at him, as he looked at me and just shook my head. When the lights changed and continued, I could see him still eating his cereal as he was driving….

• Haha
Reactions: BonHoonLayneCornell

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Do you still dream at night?
Ahhh, a very good question. I never found during the glory days that my dreams were less but since changing my consumption levels and frequency I do find them different. before they were more abstract and much more complicated. Now they are more organized and theatrical.

Was driving west on Ogilvie Road early one morning, and pulled up to stop light and noticed the guy in the car in the lane beside me was using his two hands to eat a bowl of cereal while driving. Just looked at him, as he looked at me and just shook my head. When the lights changed and continued, I could see him still eating his cereal as he was driving….
When I was in NY years ago I saw a guy with no arms driving with his feet.

Last edited:

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
The old adage is "you are what you eat" (consume). You'd be a fool to believe you are completely your true self under the influence of any mind or body altering substance. I'm not saying "don't", I'm saying be aware and mindful of what you allow into your body as it will always play a part next to you. Cause and effect.

Weird how so many cultures and languages refer to alcohol as 'spirits'. "That wasn't me, that was the booze talking." Kinda makes you think...🤔

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
Ahhh, a very good question. I never found during the glory days that my dreams were less but since changing my consumption levels and frequency I do find them different. before they were more abstract and much more complicated. Now they are more organized and theatrical.

When I was NY years ago I saw a guy with no arms driving with his feet.
LMFAO. Bad multi-quote timing. You're not helping your cause here lol

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
The old adage is "you are what you eat" (consume). You'd be a fool to believe you are completely your true self under the influence of any mind or body altering substance. I'm not saying "don't", I'm saying be aware and mindful of what you allow into your body as it will always play a part next to you. Cause and effect.

Weird how so many cultures and languages refer to alcohol as 'spirits'. "That wasn't me, that was the booze talking." Kinda makes you think...🤔
Many cultures consume hallucinogens to talk with god too. Psilocybin is a natural way to expand thought. It's life altering to an extent.

LMFAO. Bad multi-quote timing. You're not helping your cause here lol
lol

True story.

Reactions: Relapsing

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
Many cultures consume hallucinogens to talk with god too. Psilocybin is a natural way to expand thought. It's life altering to an extent.

Not 'God' so to say, but a disambiguation of the 'self'. It's a dream-state - a mirror into your own existance.

Going back to my post a few pages ago why I'm absolute dumb-dumb when I smoke even the weakest stuff - I know where I'm going before I get there.

A tool is a tool, it's all in how you use it.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Can you share any of those YouTube links for the extra layers?
Yeah. I watched these two after the movie and recommend but only after you watch the movie obviously as they contain spoilers.

Edit: can’t share them here but Cinema Detective on YouTube has two short videos about the movie. I think they’re the most recent uploads.

Reactions: DrEasy

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Finally watched Anatomy of a Fall. Damn good movie.
Then watch cinema detectives explanations on YouTube for extra layers.

Great year for Sandra Huller.

Her work in Zone of Interest was also really impressive.

Excellent film. Such a radical departure from what we generally associate Holocaust films to be.

Reactions: maclean and BigRig4

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Great year for Sandra Huller.

Her work in Zone of Interest was also really impressive.

Excellent film. Such a radical departure from what we generally associate Holocaust films to be.
Haven’t watched that yet but it’s in the list now.

Really, everyone in Anatomy was excellent. Can’t remember the last movie I watched with so many great performances.

Reactions: Senscore

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Do you eat or drink a lot of sugar in the evenings?
As a rule, no, but on occasion it may happen. I do sometimes have a zevia and some almond butter toast in the evening.

I've had crazy nightmares and night terrors since I was a little kid. I used to wake the family up screaming/writhing in bed and my wife (now ex) went through it for years whenever I would go through periods of not using cannabis.

I have to be really careful about the content I expose myself to. I watched the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre way back then and had to work on it in therapy the nightmares were so terrifying. I was basically in the movie night after night for weeks on end.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
As a rule, no, but on occasion it may happen. I do sometimes have a zevia and some almond butter toast in the evening.

I've had crazy nightmares and night terrors since I was a little kid. I used to wake the family up screaming/writhing in bed and my wife (now ex) went through it for years whenever I would go through periods of not using cannabis.

I have to be really careful about the content I expose myself to. I watched the 2003 Texas Chainsaw Massacre way back then and had to work on it in therapy the nightmares were so terrifying. I was basically in the movie night after night for weeks on end.

I find the warmer the room, the more likely to get nightmares or night terrors. Adding a fan pointed at the bed and reducing the blankets helps a lot.

Reactions: ACLEVERNAME

ACLEVERNAME

#OFFSEASON
Jan 6, 2010
I find the warmer the room, the more likely to get nightmares or night terrors. Adding a fan pointed at the bed and reducing the blankets helps a lot.
Proper air circulation is key. Dead air is just like dead water - gets nasty and smells after a while. Starts 'growing' things.

Go outside on a gusty day and take a deep breath. Tell me you don't feel revitalized. It's amazing how things work sometimes.😣🧐

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad