OT: Other Sports 82

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
Did people really think Ross was the problem? Delusional. But I still think Counsell is a better manager. This roster is just really f***ing bad and I'm not going to spend my time caring about a team that is the 4th most valuable and packs the stadium W or L, and ownership and GM seem to be content to just roll out dog shit lineups.

We all knew this bullpen was bad, no real moves were made, just a bunch of Goodwill shopping and this is where we are. One really bad contract to Heyward and now we are terrified to spend like the major market we are? I barely pay attention to baseball anymore and I don't see any reason to.
Cubs have taken a page out of the Bulls playbook about how to make their fans apathetic.I will only boxscore watch from here on out with the Cubs. Only silver lining is that I believe Hoyer's current contract (unless he got one of those famous Chicago secret extension, which would not surprise me) runs out in 2025.

This team is allergic to winning. In fact they are trying to find new ways to lose and succeeding.

Reactions: OhCaptainMyCaptain

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Cubs have taken a page out of the Bulls playbook about how to make their fans apathetic.I will only boxscore watch from here on out with the Cubs. Only silver lining is that I believe Hoyer's current contract (unless he got one of those famous Chicago secret extension, which would not surprise me) runs out in 2025.

This team is allergic to winning. In fact they are trying to find new ways to lose and succeeding.

I said to one of my buddies that the best thing at this point is probably just to suck. We don't need a situation like the Bulls where you're competing for the last playoff spot just to lose right away anyway.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
So, what the hell is Giddey?

He has been in NBA for 3 seasons, and it appears each season has been at different position

Is this a guy who isn't good at any spot or did roster in OKC lead to moving him around?

Dont watch enough of NBA but the guy was drafted 6th overall and doesn't seem to be terrible player so some of the "OMG awful" seems a bit of a strange reactions

I get Caruso was good defensive player, but he is 8 years older than guy we just acquired so surely, we should be thrilled as Bull fans with idea of this old/meh roster at least getting young

I will have a nice bottle of booze and a fireworks show ready for the day this sack of shit dies. f*** Jerry Reinsdorf.

2024 draft is considered possible the worst NBA draft in modern history

So a top 10 pick in this draft is not exactly good

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Well that's gross. Trade a guy everyone loves for an alleged pedo. Bulls doing Bulls things.

From what I understand, he was 19 years old and they met at a nightclub, so he believed she was over the age of 18 (the legal age to get in).

But now he gets his name attached to being a pedo. I mean, come on... This is the issue with some of this crap. Learned my lesson a bit with the Shannon situation.

HeisenBaez

Nov 3, 2008
Heart of Dixie
From what I understand, he was 19 years old and they met at a nightclub, so he believed she was over the age of 18 (the legal age to get in).

But now he gets his name attached to being a pedo. I mean, come on... This is the issue with some of this crap. Learned my lesson a bit with the Shannon situation.
Thank you. I wanted to post something similar earlier but I had errands to run. Earlier this year, the cops cleared him of any wrongdoing. So even then Giddey is not even an alleged pedo.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side

I don't follow basketball much at all I just remember this blowing up thanks for the clarification.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I don't follow basketball much at all I just remember this blowing up thanks for the clarification.

It's all good. I didn't mean to come across as harsh to you. Like I said, I kind of learned my lesson with the Terrance Shannon situation. Gotta be careful with some of these things, because it can stick with a kid for the rest of their life. And plenty of times it ends up being warranted, of course.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Crow

May 19, 2014

Shannon situation?

It's all good. I didn't mean to come across as harsh to you. Like I said, I kind of learned my lesson with the Terrance Shannon situation. Gotta be careful with some of these things, because it can stick with a kid for the rest of their life. And plenty of times it ends up being warranted, of course.
Oh never mind I can google that. Never even heard of him.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Entertaining win by the Sky.

Don't get why the Fever weren't having Clark shoot at the end there rather than having her try to add to her assists total.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad