OT: Sens Lounge -The four seasons edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Was supposed to have a chill weekend coaching hockey, going to the CNE, and having a date night with the gf and it ended up being a long weekend full of headaches.

MLSE partnered with my hometown to run a ball hockey league for underserved communities. I was a league convener for this league, which was very successful. We were invited to bring two teams worth of kids to a tournament against other towns that MLSE ran this league in.

There were two 3 on 3 indoor rinks set up, one had fencing to stop the ball from leaving the court, but the other did not (it was reserved for the younger kids to play on). Every kid was told "no slap shots", especially during buffer times when no one was playing on a court.

Just my luck, I'm walking with my team to the fenced rink and I feel a sharp pain on the back of my head. Some little booger took a slapper and it hit the left side of my head. I've head 3 concussions since 2015, the latest two involved a bus collision where the left side of my head hit a window, and the other, I was assaulted by someone who smacked me across the left side of my head. Perfect luck that a random slapshot hits me right on the back left of my head. They had to call an ambulance because I was having trouble walking. Decided to not go to the hospital because I didn't want to be waiting 4-5 hours for anything on a long weekend.

Spent the whole weekend resting and trying to see what I could do without potential concussion symptoms. Recovery has been smooth, and this morning my doc told me she doesn't think its a concussion (haven't had any blackouts, vomiting, nausea, only symptoms are the headache which is slightly improving). Was even able to drive for 20 minutes today. Hoping I can get back to work without headaches asap.

Moral of the story: MLSE are cheap bastards lol

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Got the new skates and blades put on
1000001939.jpg
1000001950.jpg
1000001937.jpg

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
Was supposed to have a chill weekend coaching hockey, going to the CNE, and having a date night with the gf and it ended up being a long weekend full of headaches.

MLSE partnered with my hometown to run a ball hockey league for underserved communities. I was a league convener for this league, which was very successful. We were invited to bring two teams worth of kids to a tournament against other towns that MLSE ran this league in.

There were two 3 on 3 indoor rinks set up, one had fencing to stop the ball from leaving the court, but the other did not (it was reserved for the younger kids to play on). Every kid was told "no slap shots", especially during buffer times when no one was playing on a court.

Just my luck, I'm walking with my team to the fenced rink and I feel a sharp pain on the back of my head. Some little booger took a slapper and it hit the left side of my head. I've head 3 concussions since 2015, the latest two involved a bus collision where the left side of my head hit a window, and the other, I was assaulted by someone who smacked me across the left side of my head. Perfect luck that a random slapshot hits me right on the back left of my head. They had to call an ambulance because I was having trouble walking. Decided to not go to the hospital because I didn't want to be waiting 4-5 hours for anything on a long weekend.

Spent the whole weekend resting and trying to see what I could do without potential concussion symptoms. Recovery has been smooth, and this morning my doc told me she doesn't think its a concussion (haven't had any blackouts, vomiting, nausea, only symptoms are the headache which is slightly improving). Was even able to drive for 20 minutes today. Hoping I can get back to work without headaches asap.

Moral of the story: MLSE are cheap bastards lol

I spent way too much money and consumed way too many calories at the CNE on Monday.

You need to take care of yourself before you fall apart tho brobro, maybe consider bubblewrap

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
I'm almost certainly in the minority but I preferred the stock rims (though they'd have looked better in black like the new ones).

Fair enough. I'm not a huge fan of the stock "star within a star". Looked a little too busy. I like a simpler design.

But my biggest problem with stock was the offset was too high. This meant the wheels were too tucked in to the fender. Didn't make it look aggressive enough. Went with a wider rim and lower offset which makes them stick out just under 3 CM wider than stock.

Also went with a wider tire but same sidewall percentage so I actually have slightly more tire in general which I like.

1000001947.jpg
1000001949.jpg
1000001946.jpg
1000001948.jpg

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Fair enough. I'm not a huge fan of the stock "star within a star". Looked a little too busy. I like a simpler design.

But my biggest problem with stock was the offset was too high. This meant the wheels were too tucked in to the fender. Didn't make it look aggressive enough. Went with a wider rim and lower offset which makes them stick out just under 3 CM wider than stock.

Also went with a wider tire but same sidewall percentage so I actually have slightly more tire in general which I like.

View attachment 905033View attachment 905034View attachment 905035View attachment 905037
Your neighbor acroas the street must stare daggers at you every time they mow their lawn 😂😂😂

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
I spent way too much money and consumed way too many calories at the CNE on Monday.

You need to take care of yourself before you fall apart tho brobro, maybe consider bubblewrap
100%

Meal prepped protein oats, salads for lunch, protein choco chip banana bread and some Thai red curry for this weeks dinner. Headaches be damned, I can still meal prep and stick to my calorie deficit to give my knees a chance

Reactions: milkbag

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
It's because electric cars are still in the status faze. They are making their money of rich people to develop the technology better. It was the same thing with Phones, TV's, you name it. The resale value is terrible on EV's.

Had China been able to sell their cars here I think you would have seen NA companies forced to comply with better upgrades.
A guy at work was just lecturing a bunch of us on this very same thing. Do you also watch TikTok streams on full blast during your lunchbreaks?

"Chinese EV's would sell for like $15, 000 here" "Even with import fees, they'd be cheaper than NA made EV's but the government won't allow it to keep a cap on the market."

All monotonous talking points to go along with the monotone AI voice overs that all the videos have. It's a weird, scary world right now, lmao.

images

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
Has anyone tried streaming Sportsnet as a Prime Video Channel? I see that TSN is now also available as a Prime Video Channel. The apps for both Sportsnet and TSN have not been great so I was wondering if streaming through Prime Video was better.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Has anyone tried streaming Sportsnet as a Prime Video Channel? I see that TSN is now also available as a Prime Video Channel. The apps for both Sportsnet and TSN have not been great so I was wondering if streaming through Prime Video was better.
I've streamed some SN broadcast hockey games on prime, but not as a subscription, they've occasionally had a game free with your normal prime account.

I didn't have any issues with it, but I believe it was live only (as is the prime channel subscription from what I understand), so no pause or delayed start.

You can always subscribe for just one month and test drive it

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
TV question: Rogers is discontinuing their old cable boxes and replacing them with IgniteTV. One of my boxes is very old and falls in that list, while the other doesn't. I kind of want to keep the more recent one, as there's some movies recorded on the PVR I still want to watch.

I have many questions:

- can I just return the older one and keep the new one, or when they switch to Ignite will it stop servicing the newer one as well?

- Ignite seems to be some variation of IPTV, and it seems to have apps etc, kind of like an Apple TV. Well, I already have an Apple TV, so do I end up with redundant stuff? Can I just run Ignite as an app from the AppleTV and save a remote and a box (just to reduce clutter and complexity more than anything).

- my internet is not with Rogers, and I have no plans to switch to Rogers; is this a problem when using Ignite?

- how good is this Ignite anyway? Should I just cut the chord and switch to a grey market IPTV? I still watch live TV, like CTV News, TVO, TFO, sports channels, etc.
An update on this: so I ended up switching to Ignite (just for TV). My deal is actually cheaper than my previous one, and comes with more channels, but I think the deal will expire in a couple of years, at which point I will try to re-negotiate lol. The quality is good (no lag or anything); the remote is a bit annoying with its hard rubber buttons reminiscent of a Sinclair ZX Spectrum, and I have to hit "enter" every time I want to switch channels or even go back to the previous one (maybe this can be changed in the settings?). Then again the voice command works well and is just as fast.

I believe pause live TV only works for 30 minutes instead of two hours I had with my old PVR.

I'm still using my AppleTV for Crave, which I'm paying for separately (Rogers' Crave package is more expensive).

I'm going to cancel Netflix soon, as I have no real use for it now... until at least the next season of Stranger Things comes out!

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
Every single Linebacker on the Dallas Cowboys 2020 squad is out of football. Either retired or no team signed them. The majority are younger than 31. Most got released, some retired due to injury (after being released)

All but 1 Linebacker (Micah Parsons) on the 2021 team is out of football. Either retirement or no team signed them. The majority are younger than 30. Most got released, some retired due to injury (after being released)

Mama "don't let your boy grow up to be a football Linebacker."

What a meat market, football is!!!!

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
A guy at work was just lecturing a bunch of us on this very same thing. Do you also watch TikTok streams on full blast during your lunchbreaks?

"Chinese EV's would sell for like $15, 000 here" "Even with import fees, they'd be cheaper than NA made EV's but the government won't allow it to keep a cap on the market."

All monotonous talking points to go along with the monotone AI voice overs that all the videos have. It's a weird, scary world right now, lmao.

images
If we are truly talking about capitalism no NA company would be able to compete with China. EV's would be a lot cheaper than what is available now. I saw many of the Chinese EV's while in Europe this past spring. Until EV's are reliable and sell in the 30 thousand dollar range most people will laugh them off. I don't use social media.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

View attachment 905033View attachment 905034View attachment 905035View attachment 905037
This looks a lot more aggressive...great choice!

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
A little misleading, they still plan for 90-100% of sales to be EV or hybrid by 2030, but will be making up the difference with mild hybrids.

I suspect tariffs on Chinese manufacturing played a role in this as well, as Volvo uses factories in China. When the entry price to EVs is among the driving factors to demand, having major markets in Eur, US and Canada artificially inflate prices is going to slow progress.

The reality is a transition to fully EV by 2030 was always going to be reliant on political willpower to help drive the change, and governments have been inconsistent in their level of support, you can't sell cars to just the locations that are pushing for converting to EV. I don't think it was ever realistic to expect a 100% target to be met, but sometimes you set lofty goals to drive innovation.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
EV interest is clearly subsiding. There is manufacturer after manufacturer either abandoning the projections or massively scaling down productions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad