OT: Sens Lounge LXXXI | Time to clean up your act son!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata
On another note, I just spent a good couple of hours researching existentialism. Extremely interesting.

I've only really been introduced to the Neitzche & Kierkegaard view of existentialism, and I'd probably need to brush up on some notes to be able to talk intelligently about it, but I agree, it's super interesting and I really enjoy their way of thinking and the view of subjective human nature, like art, emotion, and passion, being just as, if not more important to human nature than math and science are.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Anybody in here play league of legends at all?
I've gotten into it, so if anybody feels like playing a bit, let me know! :)

Yep! Add me up KATSens65. PM me when you want to play tomorrow or whenever!

I've only really been introduced to the Neitzche & Kierkegaard view of existentialism, and I'd probably need to brush up on some notes to be able to talk intelligently about it, but I agree, it's super interesting and I really enjoy their way of thinking and the view of subjective human nature, like art, emotion, and passion, being just as, if not more important to human nature than math and science are.

My favourite is the idea of Authenticity, as well as the idea of Transcending your Factitious properties through free will. But with freedom, comes the responsibility of bearing the consequences of your choices.

Really life applicable stuff, can't get enough of it

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

Jean-Paul Sartre is one of the main pillars of existentialism and I'd recommend some of his plays to anyone looking for some depressing uplifting stories

The French really have a way of making sad, depressing stories that have a very positive undertone

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Why steer away from Greenbank? What's north on Woodroffe? Just a single preferably. I'm a student so price range isn't huge.
Also the location in my info there is a little premature, haha. I'm currently still in the Maritimes.
But thanks for the food info and such!

North on Woodroffe once you cross the Queensway is a more mature neighborhood. You are close to Westboro which is a nice area to bike around, have a coffee and such. You are probably looking for a 1 bedroom in the range of 800-1000/mo depending on the quality of course.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I dropped my JVC camcorder, like, 2 inches, and now it doesn't work just as I was going to upload family videos. Had it shipped to Toronto and the tech guys say my hard drive is corrupted. Only higher end forensics can maybe retrieve my data. Anyone have any suggestions?

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Six1Three Hockey

Has anyone checked out Six1Three hockey in the Stittsville area? For those that are not familiar with the name they are a facility that offers shooting and stick handling training.

I took my son several weeks ago and I was really impressed with the facility and the instructors...and my son loved it! If you have kids in hockey you may want to check it out.

FoppaForsberg*

North on Woodroffe once you cross the Queensway is a more mature neighborhood. You are close to Westboro which is a nice area to bike around, have a coffee and such. You are probably looking for a 1 bedroom in the range of 800-1000/mo depending on the quality of course.

Mature as in less noisy neighbours and such? What apartment buildings would you recommend in the North area of Woodroffe?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Why steer away from Greenbank? What's north on Woodroffe? Just a single preferably. I'm a student so price range isn't huge.
Also the location in my info there is a little premature, haha. I'm currently still in the Maritimes.
But thanks for the food info and such!

There are some nice places around greenbank and baseline with fair prices. The buildings get quieter the further you go from the campus as well.

Check out forest ridge if you're looking for a decent sized 1 bedroom around 8-900ish. Its right next to the Cemetery. THere are some nice buildings just up greenbank from baseline as well, but they're a tad more expensive.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Just got back from a trip to Cbus. Place is really nice. Gas is $2/gal cheaper, roads are unbelievably well-paved compared to the CNY area, and I got to see Nationwide arena which is right downtown around a city where you could pretty much find anything you'd ever want to do.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
:laugh: As a student with no job and winning it on a $5 bet it is nice

My god Sask how much longer will you be in college? I swear you've been "a student with no job" ever since I've been a member. And what is this business about not having a job? I worked 40+/week while I was in school. Do you have some debilitating condition?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
My god Sask how much longer will you be in college? I swear you've been "a student with no job" ever since I've been a member. And what is this business about not having a job? I worked 40+/week while I was in school. Do you have some debilitating condition?

I did a year in university dropped out, took a year off (couldn't find a job), started a 2 year program, and am now in my last semester.

Also, I worked every summer. I have been thinking of getting a job but I wanted to take off a couple weeks after the golf course closed and by that time places were only hiring seasonal (and I wanted a job that would last until April if I got one)

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
The "FourHoles" have been extensively renovated and now charge above market rents, it has been years since they have been converted from the drug-infested dumps to nice apartments. The people behind it , however, overestimated their returns a wee bit, though.

I heard that there have been LOTS of issues that stem from the decades of neglect that those buildings received, that new management just don't want (or maybe can't afford?) to put the money into fixing. Massive sewage/water issues was something I heard more than enough times to assume that it's not a one-off issue. Foundation & non-roof leaks, Bugs... there are some things that a renovation won't fix.

Those apartments were so bad for so long, that a facelift won't solve the issues with the guts of the building.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad