OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Tony Stewart is in serious trouble.

No kidding. Definitely looked on purpose to me. Poor kid was likely killed right on contact. Brutal. And during a caution, too.

Isn't this Stewart guy the same one that intentionally crashed a female driver in a race not too long ago?

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Opening at work today. Me and the other person that are new this year don't have a key I the proshop. The guy I was opening with closed yesterday, and I just called him and apparently woke him up. There are already customers showing up

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
I don't know what was more amazing last night, Metallica or HAWT jumping in a mosh pit.

Man, what a night it was. Well worth it!

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
So......where should I order my laptop from guys?

canadacomputers or ncix if you want to support a local company, they usually have pretty good deals as well but shop around. tigerdirect and newegg have good prices, and the reviews on newegg are always a great reference.

Even futureshop, bestbuy and other big box stores can have good deals. Just depends on wht you want and how much you're willing to pay.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F
canadacomputers or ncix if you want to support a local company, they usually have pretty good deals as well but shop around. tigerdirect and newegg have good prices, and the reviews on newegg are always a great reference.

Even futureshop, bestbuy and other big box stores can have good deals. Just depends on wht you want and how much you're willing to pay.

Adding to this, if you're close enough to the border, the US versions of Bestbuy and Futureshop may have the same identical computers but for less.

My parents (who know nothing about computers) went to a Canadacomputers store wanting only a basic laptop to surf the web. The sales associate there swindled them into paying over $1000 for a laptop with stuff that they will never use. So make sure you know what you want in a laptop and avoid the upsale.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Adding to this, if you're close enough to the border, the US versions of Bestbuy and Futureshop may have the same identical computers but for less.

My parents (who know nothing about computers) went to a Canadacomputers store wanting only a basic laptop to surf the web. The sales associate there swindled them into paying over $1000 for a laptop with stuff that they will never use. So make sure you know what you want in a laptop and avoid the upsale.

I laughed at this considering you recommended a macbook.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Does The Last of Us use the same engine as Gears of War? The gameplay looks identical.

They're both cover shooters. Gears is an Unreal engine I'm pretty sure (same engine as COD and a butt load of other games). Naughty Dog developed their own engine for Uncharted and used it for Last of Us and plan on using it for their Next Gen games as well.

In terms of gameplay, they aren't all that similar. Gears is a fast paced shoot em up while TLOU is more stealthy gameplay where you will try to avoid confrontations when possible. They're pretty different outside of their snap cover mechanics.

Anyone who has PS4 should definitely download FEZ this month on PS+. Its a great game. I freaking want Knack and Ryse to go free soon though. Both games I want to play at some point but have no interest in paying full retail for. I was stoked to get Strike Suit Zero with Games with Gold this month but Crimson Dragon is a screaming pile of garbage. Iron Galaxy is such a ****** studio.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
They're both cover shooters. Gears is an Unreal engine I'm pretty sure (same engine as COD and a butt load of other games). Naughty Dog developed their own engine for Uncharted and used it for Last of Us and plan on using it for their Next Gen games as well.

In terms of gameplay, they aren't all that similar. Gears is a fast paced shoot em up while TLOU is more stealthy gameplay where you will try to avoid confrontations when possible. They're pretty different outside of their snap cover mechanics.

Anyone who has PS4 should definitely download FEZ this month on PS+. Its a great game. I freaking want Knack and Ryse to go free soon though. Both games I want to play at some point but have no interest in paying full retail for. I was stoked to get Strike Suit Zero with Games with Gold this month but Crimson Dragon is a screaming pile of garbage. Iron Galaxy is such a ****** studio.
Wasn't sure. I was only going by 20mins of multiplayer gameplay and it just looked so similar.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Speaking of gears of war, i absolutely hated the gears of war 3 multiplayer. It just felt so different compared to the multiplayer in gears 1 and 2.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Wasn't sure. I was only going by 20mins of multiplayer gameplay and it just looked so similar.

The Last of Us is about as close to the perfect game as we're going to see. From the graphics to the story, voice acting, level design and on and on its top notch. The weakest element is probably the combat, but even that is very good.

The best all around game on the ps3, thats for damned sure.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
The Last of Us is about as close to the perfect game as we're going to see. From the graphics to the story, voice acting, level design and on and on its top notch. The weakest element is probably the combat, but even that is very good.

The best all around game on the ps3, thats for damned sure.

The perfect game would have a good multiplayer to go with the campaign. imo.

AKA Halo 3.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa

Holy ****, FEZ is free?? I've been wanting to play that for a while :yo: :hyper:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Holy ****, FEZ is free?? I've been wanting to play that for a while :yo: :hyper:

The other free PS+ game is getting fairly good reviews as well. PS3 got Crisis 3 too. I know its the weakest game in the series but I've wanted to play it nonetheless. I think I was the only person on Earth who really enjoyed Crisis 2. Loved the multiplayer despite its terrible netcode and technical problems.

OMG, can I say again how bad Crimson Dragon is? It looks like a freakin PS2 game. Everything is bad. The gameplay is boring and dated, they have a weird F2P model to unlock stuff and there aren't real cutscenes for this game that could potentially have an interesting story but is instead just generic and awful without a good way to tell it. I seriously wonder why Sony gave John Drake a job. Iron Galaxy needs to be aborted immediately.

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
After playing it for a bit, I must say that Fez is brilliant. It is making my brain hurt a little bit though.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Outside of the Fallout series, I haven't really seriously played a FPS since Goldeneye on the N64... and is Fallout even really a FPS at it's core? If you play with VATS, it's basically just a sandbox RPG.

The whole FPS genre is boring as hell, if you ask me.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
No kidding. Definitely looked on purpose to me. Poor kid was likely killed right on contact. Brutal. And during a caution, too.

Isn't this Stewart guy the same one that intentionally crashed a female driver in a race not too long ago?

If it was intentional, Stewart deserves to be punished.

Proving his intentions is going to be incredibly difficult though and I doubt Stewart will receive any punishment.

Tony Stewart has always been a piece of work and I wouldn't be surprised if it was intentional.

With that said, climbing out of your car and running out into the middle of the racetrack is natural selection at it's finest.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
Outside of the Fallout series, I haven't really seriously played a FPS since Goldeneye on the N64... and is Fallout even really a FPS at it's core? If you play with VATS, it's basically just a sandbox RPG.

The whole FPS genre is boring as hell, if you ask me.

I enjoy a good FPS with a strong multiplayer. A single player FPS does little to nothing for me.

I consider Fallout more RPG than anything else, and it's likely my favorite video game franchise ever. I cannot wait for Fallout 4.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
I consider Fallout more RPG than anything else, and it's likely my favorite video game franchise ever. I cannot wait for Fallout 4.

You and me both, chum.

I remember when my dad brought home the original Fallout in 1997 for me, he said "a guy at work just got this and said you would like it". He brought Fallout and Total Annihilation home on the same day... I probably got about 5 hours of gameplay on T.A., and hundreds of hours on Fallout, haha. Took like an hour to install, and as soon as I started playing, killing rats in that first cave and exploring the wasteland, I was hooked instantly. Been a fan of the series ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad