OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emery

Jul 18, 2011
Ottawa

1368660772378.jpg

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Look - I was clearly within a conversation and simply carrying on an existing thought. It's not like you other wizors just starting a new topic with "so" like we've been discussing it back and forth.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
Yup. Its a legit store all across Canada. Not just online.

Found some of these - I've ordered things from them and have always had problems with their customer service. If you order Newegg it's usually there next-day even if you use standard delivery. The below pretty much embodies my experience with CC:

jts42 said:
"I have spend over $6000 at Canada Computers over the years. I have found their shipping ans service to be fair. It was not until I need to RMA some materials that I realized how poor their service actually is.

I had a DOA HDD and a graphics card I needed to return. It took forever to get someone on the phone (there is no online RMA process!?!?!?). I got the RMA numbers, returned the items to the College Street location and am still waiting, two weeks later, for some kind of acknowledgement that the items have even been received.

I think I will be moving my business over to Newegg.ca. They are more communicative, their shipping is FAST, and their RMA process is very clear and easy."

treo123 said:
"Many of the staff are pompous and cold. They have no conception of customer service and generally ignore customers.

"I'm looking for so and so item"
"We're out of stock"
"Do you know when you will have more stock available?"
"No.."

If you're okay with browsing through their retail stores without any guidance then CanadaComputers is fair. They have pretty average prices and sometimes have exceptional sales.

AVOID THE ONLINE STORE
- Stock availability is NOT reflective of actual stock; it is several days delayed
- Backordered items have no status update on shipping or ETA; they often offer shipping bonuses for backordered items - AVOID as CandaComputers will never give you an idea of shipment and will keep your money"

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yup. Its a legit store all across Canada. Not just online.

Canadacomputers is awesome, i buy most of my parts from them. Prices are comparable to tigerdirect and newegg most of the time, sales dictating one way or the other. Especially considering that you don't need to pay for shipping. Its nice to be able to drive to a store for a return if you get a lemon part.

watch out for rebates when it comes to their sale prices though, they try to sneak those in.

Highly recommended.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Found some of these - I've ordered things from them and have always had problems with their customer service. If you order Newegg it's usually there next-day even if you use standard delivery. The below pretty much embodies my experience with CC:

I bought some RAM not that long ago and one of the sticks was a dud. Did the diagnostics to make sure and brought it back to the Rideau location the next day. They didn't give me any fuss at all, swapped it out for a new set of sticks on the spot. I found the staff to be quite friendly at the Rideau location even though it was swamped. Talked at length to one dude about system cooling and he showed me a bunch of custom cases he'd put together.

Can't really speak for the staff at the other locations, the few times i've gone to merivale they've been good. But normally I know what I want before I walk into the store.

Never had anything shipped from them though, so i can't speak for that either. Had some major issues with shipping from tiger direct once though, although that may have more to do with UPS. Claimed that they delivered a processor and motherboard to my door when they hadn't.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I bought some RAM not that long ago and one of the sticks was a dud. Did the diagnostics to make sure and brought it back to the Rideau location the next day. They didn't give me any fuss at all, swapped it out for a new set of sticks on the spot. I found the staff to be quite friendly at the Rideau location even though it was swamped. Talked at length to one dude about system cooling and he showed me a bunch of custom cases he'd put together.

Can't really speak for the staff at the other locations, the few times i've gone to merivale they've been good. But normally I know what I want before I walk into the store.

Never had anything shipped from them though, so i can't speak for that either. Had some major issues with shipping from tiger direct once though, although that may have more to do with UPS. Claimed that they delivered a processor and motherboard to my door when they hadn't.

I've had really good experiences at the Merivale location. I prefer to shop there rather than giving Future Shop more of my money.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Does The Last of Us use the same engine as Gears of War? The gameplay looks identical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad