OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Man, if there's one single stereotype that has been proven a thousand times over in my years as an expatriate in Asia, it's that with maybe a few exceptions, Americans CAN NOT take a joke at their own expense.

I was picking up the kids from school today, and was talking with two other dads with kids in my son's class. The topic of going to Singapore came up (which is very common, as it's the closest country to fly to for a visa run), and the following conversation ensued:

Dad 1: "I don't even like going to Singapore anymore - I mean, if you want a beer, nevermind the prices at restaurants, even if you want a beer at the convenience store, it's $6 for a tallboy!"
Dad 2: "Yeah, if I were back home (Colorado), I could get a 6-pack of Budweiser for that price!"
Me: (making it obvious that I'm joking) "Yeah, but the downside there is you'd then have to drink a 6-pack of Budweiser!"
Dad 2: (visibly offended) "Excuse me, I LIKE Budweiser"
Dad 1: (also visibly offended to me) "I also like Budweiser, ok? Is that OK with you?!?"

... and then I was excluded from any conversation for the next 20 minutes until the kids were ready to go home. End scene.

I totally understand why British humor has never really caught on in the US.

They are the poorer for it. Thank god for Monty Python, Vicar of Dibbley, Father Ted, Mrs. Brown, Fawlty Towers, etc. etc.

Quo

Mar 22, 2012
Hamsterdam
Sometimes, when you think you've reached the bottom of the barrel, there's usually a couple more olives floating in the brine, waiting to launch a desperate counterinsurgency against your invading hand. Just keep thrashing about until you manage to pin them against the wall of the barrel. It is imperative that they never be given a chance to regroup.

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
It is wasteful too. Your body can't absorb that amount of protein before it has passed through your small intestine into your colon.

I've read different things to that point. I had some real food at the same time though too, was short protein for the day though.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I haven't to bother to pick up a next gen. system, yet. I'm still enjoying my XBOX360, but I doubt I'll get it for it. I heard there is no real difference between it and NHL14 besides commentary and roster updates.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I haven't to bother to pick up a next gen. system, yet. I'm still enjoying my XBOX360, but I doubt I'll get it for it. I heard there is no real difference between it and NHL14 besides commentary and roster updates.
So, like every other EA NHL game since 07?

Harbinger

sing for absolution
Mar 8, 2008
Edmonton
I'm also very, very close to selling my Xbone. Not being able to back up dlc/updates irritates me thoroughly and if someone were to offer me $800 for it, my games and accessories, I'd be hard pressed to say no.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm also very, very close to selling my Xbone. Not being able to back up dlc/updates irritates me thoroughly and if someone were to offer me $800 for it, my games and accessories, I'd be hard pressed to say no.

I wouldn't get rid of it until you get to play Sunset Overdrive. That game looks really dope.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
That would be tough to enforce. There are quite a few areas on the Queensway alone where the far right lane suddenly turns into an off-ramp. A lot of people either don't like or are uncomfortable with flipping over to the left at the last minute and will take the center lane 1-2 km before the exit. We also have to remember there are people from 16-106 behind those wheels - not everyone is a pro behind the wheel, not every car is new and high end performance, and not everyone is 100% healthy behind the wheel (morning sleepy drivers, late night drivers, etc).

Personally, driving on the 174 the lat few years has been a nightmare. Simply going the limit at 90 the car feels like it's tearing itself apart because of the disastrous conditions on many sections of that highway. Going any faster could definitely cause collisions - not because of bad drivers - but some of the potholes and dents on the road when hit the wrong way can cause a loss of control for a second or two. That's the problem in Canada...such extreme weather destroys our roads so quickly.

Everytime I see a post from Nac Mac Feegle I sing the tune of "Jukebox hero" and say his name with the same emphasis on each of the three sections.

JUKE BOX HEEERRRROO
Nac Mac FEEEGGGGLLLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad