OT: Sens Lounge LXXVII | A Fridge Too Far Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I have no respect for anyone that an hero's. He's a quitter.

I try not to give stuff like this attention because it annoys me that people suddenly care about him but this tweet made me laugh:

Ray Narvaez Jr @AH_BrownMan · 4h
Does this mean Flubber 2 isn't happening?

Yeah, don't try to understand why people reach a point where that is the seemingly best option. To you it may seem like they gave up, but you haven't walekd in their shoes. You have no idea what its like to be in so deep a hole that the only way to ever see light again is to tie a rope around your neck. Why bother trying to understand them, just condemn them out of ignorance.

He was clearly mentally ill, anyone that commits suicide is. We need to better understand why this happens so that we can treat it and help people. Regardless of whether or not that person is a celebrity.

Im sad that we're not going to see any more of his material, he made me laugh a lot. And that's something special in my opinion.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I think we should clear something up.

This is not a glorious act, and we are not treating it as such. It's tragic, shocking, and is a terrible situation for all involved.

It should not be regarded as heroic, nor should it be regarded as cowardly.

Yep, it was his choice not ours.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
This. Consider for example if your favourite Senator player suddenly passed away under tragic circumstances... imagine how you might feel?

I was thinking of this but in the form of a very famous hockey player who has probably touched everyone's life around the world. He may do nothing between retirement (from his involvement in the game) until the unfortunate day he leaves us, but if started tweeting love for him, after forgetting about him for 30 years, I don't think that would be inappropriate.

I see Benny's point but I just think there's some misinterpretation.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Clearly a lot of people are still grieving. You can take it out on me. Its cool.

It has nothing to do with sorrow. People are not indirectly venting their grief at you. What you said is ignorant and disgusting, that's why people are attacking.

Mr Invidious

May 12, 2014
I have no respect for anyone that an hero's. He's a quitter.

I try not to give stuff like this attention because it annoys me that people suddenly care about him but this tweet made me laugh:

Ray Narvaez Jr @AH_BrownMan · 4h
Does this mean Flubber 2 isn't happening?

I don't think I should say how I really feel about this post or I won't be around here for long.

I disagree.

A lot.

About everything.

My God.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
Yeah, don't try to understand why people reach a point where that is the seemingly best option. To you it may seem like they gave up, but you haven't walekd in their shoes. You have no idea what its like to be in so deep a hole that the only way to ever see light again is to tie a rope around your neck. Why bother trying to understand them, just condemn them out of ignorance.

He was clearly mentally ill, anyone that commits suicide is. We need to better understand why this happens so that we can treat it and help people. Regardless of whether or not that person is a celebrity.

Im sad that we're not going to see any more of his material, he made me laugh a lot. And that's something special in my opinion.

Precisely.

I agree with Caeldan though. Let's not dogpile on Benny FTW. I just hope... perhaps people were able to change your perspective somewhat, and you can recognize why it would upset someone. Sometimes, it's better to ask "Why?" rather than just brush things off.

PoutineSp00nZ

Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I don't believe it's grief. I think the strong reaction comes from the pretty narrow-minded reasoning you're putting forth.

Exactly. It's a sad example of how far large chunks of our society have yet to go when it comes to taking mental illness seriously.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
I don't believe it's grief. I think the strong reaction comes from the pretty narrow-minded reasoning you're putting forth.

This. It's frankly insulting to do that. Even if you feel this way, it doesn't need to be said when clearly many people are sad over his death, that comes across as even trollish.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Let me clear this up then. I really didn't want to piss off anyone.

1. Mental health is serious. I just think suicide is near the lowest of ways to go out. He willingly quit his one chance at life.

2. Sorry I dont care about one individual of the trillions of life to ever exist. He's just some random to me.

3. Clearly HF Sens Board doesn't belong in the "suddnely" group.

4. I reeaaallly didn't want to give this attention and didn't think my post was full on triggers.

Sorry.

BigRig4

Feb 22, 2014

1. Mental health is serious. I just think suicide is near the lowest of ways to go out. He willingly quit his one chance at life.

2. Sorry I dont care about one individual of the trillions of life to ever exist. He's just some random to me.

4. I reeaaallly didn't want to give this attention and didn't think my post was full on triggers.

Sorry.

What would someone do if they didn't care about Murray being diagnosed with cancer? Keep it to themselves? Or post in our thread telling everyone they couldn't care less if he died and posting a cancer joke from twitter?

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008

Sorry.

When it comes to mental health, it might not have been willingly.
Consider the 'of sound mind and body' requirement for consent.

There may have been things clouding his judgement at that time and so lacking full knowledge of his actions. He may have had issues even in which you could not consider it being deliberate consent.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What would someone do if they didn't care about Murray being diagnosed with cancer? Keep it to themselves? Or post in our thread telling everyone they couldn't care less if he died and posting a cancer joke from twitter?
I gave my opinion on the current topic at the time. I edited in the tweet a few mins later. I didn't want to add to the attention but the tweet was too funny. Always spread the lulz.

Everything is free game to joke about.

When it comes to mental health, it might not have been willingly.
Consider the 'of sound mind and body' requirement for consent.

There may have been things clouding his judgement at that time and so lacking full knowledge of his actions. He may have had issues even in which you could not consider it being deliberate consent.
Touche

Last edited:

Caeldan

Whippet Whisperer
Jun 21, 2008
Just take a rental - I get unlimited miles with Avis. Have it back in 24 hrs and it will be $40 tops.

1200km round trip, and about 11 hours of driving plus anywhere up to another 5 or 6 depending on time of day you hit Kingston and Toronto, and whether it's the weekend (hooray muskoka traffic!) or after 11pm (construction...) in the summer.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
1200km round trip, and about 11 hours of driving plus anywhere up to another 5 or 6 depending on time of day you hit Kingston and Toronto, and whether it's the weekend (hooray muskoka traffic!) or after 11pm (construction...) in the summer.

$40 would include the insurance too. And look - I know in Canadia you can floor it and not get pulled over so just make up time. Turn 11 hours into 8 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad