OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I was summarizing Hancock's remarks on the subject. He is the one that faces these people and his opinion is not less valid because they choose not to entertain his theory.

Great debate with Michael Shermer (Dr. Michael Shermer is the Founding Publisher of Skeptic magazine)

Watched this episode.

What do you consider “entertaining” a theory.

I was summarizing Hancock's remarks on the subject and forgot to mention that. I haven't bought anything. Its a theory I'm entertaining because it sounds plausible.

No more than someone is diving into Game of Thrones. It's entertainment,
Yeah but I don’t beleive that the events of game of thrones could have happened lol.

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
f*** yea.

Allison Jackson, Canada. Just won Paris-Roubaix Femmes.

Alberta Girl

Beech

Nov 25, 2020

go and support guys. It is fun and national pride
I just got a phone call from a sales guy who works for them, asking me to buy tickets.

I attended a race in 2019, just before Covid hit.

How f***ing desperate are they? To call a guy who attended one event 4 years ago.....

relatively speaking the Sens 16-17 K is a windfall.. Can you imagine they call around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to hear the message on my voice mail a few times, just to believe it.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
A conspiracy theory is still a theory, it's just not a scientific theory.

I have a theory that you're a bot, and it may be impossible for you to prove me otherwise, it still doesn't make my theory a scientific one, since it's not based on objective facts and observations, it's not testable, and more importantly it is not falsifiable (see Popper).

"Conspiracy Theory, an attempt to explain harmful or tragic events as the result of the actions of a small powerful group. Such explanations reject the accepted narrative surrounding those events; indeed, the official version may be seen as further proof of the conspiracy."

Everyone is an expert ;)

I am not an expert. My wife is though!

Reactions: DrEasy

Beech

Nov 25, 2020
history

see a young Gordie How, Rocket Richard, Jean Beliveau.. unreal

Reactions: Cosmix

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I've got two girls and I'll tell you, I'm not looking forward to my life in ten years when I have two teenage girls!

Always thought I wanted a boy, but I'm thrilled with my two girls.

Also congrats! Girls are awesome
I have two teenaged girls and a little boy. Teenaged girls are super duper…. Interesting…. Hahaha!

I love them all, but I’m glad I have their mom to decipher half of the drama for me lol :)

The little boy is growing up very lucky to have them that’s for sure.

Reactions: maclean

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
I have two teenaged girls and a little boy. Teenaged girls are super duper…. Interesting…. Hahaha!

I love them all, but I’m glad I have their mom to decipher half of the drama for me lol :)

The little boy is growing up very lucky to have them that’s for sure.
My 5 year old has confidence for days, and I just hope that continues.

But I'm not looking forward to teenagers. I just hope they are like me because man oh man I was a good kid.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
My 5 year old has confidence for days, and I just hope that continues.

But I'm not looking forward to teenagers. I just hope they are like me because man oh man I was a good kid.
Lucky you! I’n hoping my boy isn’t like me lol…. We’re a different family than I had so he’s got that going for him.

We put the little one in Karate and he just loves it. So good for confidence and surprisingly also team work and group work.

Both teen girls are high level rugby players, so the sports keep them in line…. Somewhat … hahaha!

Good luck with your kids, I’m sure they’ll be just like mom ;)

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Lucky you! I’n hoping my boy isn’t like me lol…. We’re a different family than I had so he’s got that going for him.

We put the little one in Karate and he just loves it. So good for confidence and surprisingly also team work and group work.

Both teen girls are high level rugby players, so the sports keep them in line…. Somewhat … hahaha!

Good luck with your kids, I’m sure they’ll be just like mom ;)
Haha they probably won't be like me, I was very religious growing up. But not super crazy strict, so I think it just made me a good kid.

I played rugby in highschool and played summers with the university team. But rugby girls are trouble! Lol. At least 20 years ago they were.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I’m glad I grew up in the time that I did , in the 70s. I don’t know, mentally, how I would have coped to at way my kids do with social media.

Just saw that Dove social media commercial and it gave me snots. This world is so messed up due to social media.

As new parents in today’s world, there is so much more to manage because of social media. I wish everyone the best

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m glad I grew up in the time that I did , in the 70s. I don’t know, mentally, how I would have coped to at way my kids do with social media.

Just saw that Dove social media commercial and it gave me snots. This world is so messed up due to social media.

As new parents in today’s world, there is so much more to manage because of social media. I wish everyone the best
Here’s something I have noticed. Lots of kids I know are on social media a lot less now.

My daughters definitly use Snapchat and Instagram to communicate amongst their peers, but they seem to have very little interest in following strangers, or communicating with strangers at all.

They seem to be aware of much of the online pitfalls now, it’s a Wild West for sure, but the kids are adapating.

It reminds me of the early years of facebook, and even Twitter. Everyone was connecting, sharing their life monilogues, posting picture of everything, posting tweets all the time… And now? Most people I know stopped doing any of that, with the most extreme dropping social media accounts all together. Before dropping most of my ‘friends list’ on Facebook my page became the story of like two people, no one else posted, or cared about their oversharing.

There‘s always a push back. I wonder if social media being so toxic is a consequence of so many positive folks just not being there anymore. Just like the guy constantly complaining eventually gets ignored in the work place, social media allows all of that to congregate together, and it’s the other folk who tend to leave after a while, because in the end it serves no purpose beyond brining you down.

Kids are like that too, lots of them have zero interest in shitty online behaviour, and they tend to band together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad