OT: Sens Lounge CVII - The Summer (of Dorion) Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
In fairness Finger prints of the gods is 30 years old. His ideas have changed a long with new findings .He's been on many Joe Rogan episodes and if you watch them in chronological order along with Randall Carlson's episodes you get a complete picture behind their motives. It would be a very long watch but it is extremely interesting.

That Netflix show really doesn't do him justice.
I watched those episodes when I had a monotonous government job so it was easy to crush podcasts. That’s actually where I heard about both of them was on how rogan.

Yeah man. Those theories sound super plausible and interesting..to me. A dude who knows nothing about that shit lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Stylizer1

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Hey, whoever recommended Loonie Hour podcast a few months ago, THANK YOU!

any other good Canadian financial podcasts like that out there too, please post’em!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I suggest a little dial back the algorithm on the YouTube videos.

Here Graham Hancock describes what it is he does.

Sounds super cool and fun.

Right away he establishes that “archaeology says they already know EVERYTHING about our past”. No one would say that but he’s already planted the seed of conspiracy and higher powers scheming.

Every archeologist wants to discover the next big thing lol.

But yeah great convo on archeology and geology between …….

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Sounds super cool and fun.

Right away he establishes that “archaeology says they already know EVERYTHING about our past”. No one would say that but he’s already planted the seed of conspiracy and higher powers scheming.

Every archeologist wants to discover the next big thing lol.

But yeah great convo on archeology and geology between …….
But archeologists don't want to be wrong either. If someone makes a discovery that would jeopardize a field they have worked their whole lives on and maybe taught for a prestigious University you would think they along with their buddies would do everything to discredit the new evidence. It's only when those people die off can new theories get the light they deserve. This is the point he has made many times and listed examples of people that has happened too.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
But archeologists don't want to be wrong either. If someone makes a discovery that would jeopardize a field they have worked their whole lives on and maybe taught for a prestigious University you would think they along with their buddies would do everything to discredit the new evidence. It's only when those people die off can new theories get the light they deserve. This is the point he has made many times and listed examples of people that has happened too.
That’s bullshit. That’s not at all how new findings are handled in professional fields. That may be how children behave on the school yard, but it’s not generally how adults behave, and even less so when talking about professionals in any field. That is such fear mongering.

New discoveries are welcome and exciting, they just need to be vetted by other professionals in the field like everywhere from science, to construction.

It sounds to me as though you’ve just bought his story hook line and sinker without doing any investigating into the other side of things. You simply trusted him to do that for you, which is pretty sketchy in my opinion.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
But archeologists don't want to be wrong either. If someone makes a discovery that would jeopardize a field they have worked their whole lives on and maybe taught for a prestigious University you would think they along with their buddies would do everything to discredit the new evidence. It's only when those people die off can new theories get the light they deserve.

You don't actually know any archaeologists, do you?

Assen na yo!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well massive assumption on your part.
Archeologists WANT to dig. They WANT to discover things. New Archeologists are graduating every year lol. You don’t think they want to discover something incredible and new?
And let’s assume it’s true. That doesn’t mean every single batshit crazy archeological theory that challenges the main narrative is true lol.

There are definitely people in every profession that are closed off to new ideas. But to assume it’s entire field….

Whether they’re old and set in their ways or young and willing to look into this theory… looks like they just don’t think the theory holds up under even the smallest bit of scrutiny.

The guy who likely is closed off to new ideas or ideas different than their own is graham Hancock lol. Because then his entire gig is up. And over.

If archeologists are wrong guess what…it means MORE work, more funding, more time in the field lol. Which is what they all want.

Last edited:

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Nice dude. Means well, provides content to get discussions going. A little too bright-eyed, optimistic and apologist for my tastes, but he fills a necessary niche in the Sens blogosphere.
Yeah that seems to echo my thoughts as well

I used to read his blog pretty regularly back in the day but since the rebuild started he seems to only spin a positive narrative and refuses to be critical of the organization at all

His community seems to be the same way on his site, a bit of an echo chamber of sorts

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Yeah that seems to echo my thoughts as well

I used to read his blog pretty regularly back in the day but since the rebuild started he seems to only spin a positive narrative and refuses to be critical of the organization at all

His community seems to be the same way on his site, a bit of an echo chamber of sorts
Much better for community if he was more negative as there are not enough negative takes about the team and organization. In fact, we should be more negative about positive opinions as this is to be frowned upon by the real fan community. Anyone that steers clear of negativity should be shunned.

We have a thread for podcasts BTW

Reactions: LevelingSolo

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Much better for community if he was more negative as there are not enough negative takes about the team and organization. In fact, we should be more negative about positive opinions as this is to be frowned upon by the real fan community. Anyone that steers clear of negativity should be shunned.

We have a thread for podcasts BTW

Get off the cross, Jesus, we need the nails.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Naw, I agree with him. Having a positive outlook on the team has been a crime here for several years.

The attempts at conversion therapy have been bitter and endless.
My comment was more referencing the fact that nobody presented the positive outlook as a bad thing or an unneeded thing. The snarky comment was unnecessary.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
My comment was more referencing the fact that nobody presented the positive outlook as a bad thing or an unneeded thing. The snarky comment was unnecessary.
actually it was 100% presented as a 'bad’ thing if you re-read the comments: “apologists” "a bit of an echo chamber of sorts" “spin a positive outlook”, “I used to read it regularly”

Totally framed positive commentary as a bad thing. Don’t even pretend.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ice-Tray

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Well massive assumption on your part.
Archeologists WANT to dig. They WANT to discover things. New Archeologists are graduating every year lol. You don’t think they want to discover something incredible and new?
And let’s assume it’s true. That doesn’t mean every single batshit crazy archeological theory that challenges the main narrative is true lol.

There are definitely people in every profession that are closed off to new ideas. But to assume it’s entire field….

Whether they’re old and set in their ways or young and willing to look into this theory… looks like they just don’t think the theory holds up under even the smallest bit of scrutiny.

The guy who likely is closed off to new ideas or ideas different than their own is graham Hancock lol. Because then his entire gig is up. And over.

If archeologists are wrong guess what…it means MORE work, more funding, more time in the field lol. Which is what they all want.
I was summarizing Hancock's remarks on the subject. He is the one that faces these people and his opinion is not less valid because they choose not to entertain his theory.

Great debate with Michael Shermer (Dr. Michael Shermer is the Founding Publisher of Skeptic magazine)

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
That’s bullshit. That’s not at all how new findings are handled in professional fields. That may be how children behave on the school yard, but it’s not generally how adults behave, and even less so when talking about professionals in any field. That is such fear mongering.

New discoveries are welcome and exciting, they just need to be vetted by other professionals in the field like everywhere from science, to construction.

It sounds to me as though you’ve just bought his story hook line and sinker without doing any investigating into the other side of things. You simply trusted him to do that for you, which is pretty sketchy in my opinion.
I was summarizing Hancock's remarks on the subject and forgot to mention that. I haven't bought anything. Its a theory I'm entertaining because it sounds plausible.

Dude, you are diving too deep into this stuff.
No more than someone is diving into Game of Thrones. It's entertainment,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad