Prospect Info: Senators Prospect Talk 2014-2015 Part I

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
We need a bonafide top a lot of things. Doesn't mean a player in he minors is ready to replace out best LW.

Our best LW has been Hoffman. MacArthur unfortunately has not been playing well or getting results for a long while. Solid veteran presence though.

Lenny the Lynx

Sep 20, 2008
ON
I just find it amazing that people actually think rookies can come in and take over a 2nd/3rd line NHL role in and excel at that in just a few weeks.

Look at our rookies finding some success this year - Stone, Hoff, Pageau - and look at how long it has taken them to get there. Guys who come in and excel in the NHL after only a few weeks are very, very special players. Most normal guys need like 50-100 or more games to start producing, some need even more.

Prince is having a nice AHL season and has a bright future but you need to be realistic about what it takes to make it in the NHL.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Even though Prince is probably Bingo's best forward this season, he is nowhere near Hoffman/SDC level from last year. If they call him up, it's only to reward him for good season and have a closer look. He is not going to make much of a difference.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Even though Prince is probably Bingo's best forward this season, he is nowhere near Hoffman/SDC level from last year. If they call him up, it's only to reward him for good season and have a closer look. He is not going to make much of a difference.

I think it's hard to compare. Last year, DaCosta had all of Pageau, Stone, and Hoffman to draw some of the defensive coverage away. Prince has nowhere near that kind of supporting cast.

I don't think Prince can come in and be our saviour for the season, but I also don't think it's fair to say he's nowhere near Hoffman/SDC from last year. Two very different situations.

2XPRO31

Jul 13, 2007
I just find it amazing that people actually think rookies can come in and take over a 2nd/3rd line NHL role in and excel at that in just a few weeks.

Look at our rookies finding some success this year - Stone, Hoff, Pageau - and look at how long it has taken them to get there. Guys who come in and excel in the NHL after only a few weeks are very, very special players. Most normal guys need like 50-100 or more games to start producing, some need even more.

Prince is having a nice AHL season and has a bright future but you need to be realistic about what it takes to make it in the NHL.

Exactly, Prince needs to start getting some games in the NHL. Not on the 4th line either

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013

Well both DaCosta and Hoffman had Hoffman and DaCosta. Looks like Prince's center isnt that good and the overall depth of bingo is alot weaker.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I`m ready to debate my list against yours whenever you are?

ok why not

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=96116027&postcount=685

On your list, I strongly disagree with 4-8-9-10-12-14-16

but mainly that Robinson is way too high and Prince is way too low, both are huge bias cases on your part... It's ridiculous to say that Robinson is a better prospect than Prince... It's not really close in Prince's favour

Wikstrand and Englund are also way too low. Is it because they play in Sweden?

Derek Grant, I didn't have him as a prospect anymore, could be wrong though

I like Cole Schneider but he is a bit old to be considered that high, but this one really not as shocking as some of your other choices (talking for talking)

Dzingel should be a bit higher too

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
ok why not

but mainly that Robinson is way too high and Prince is way too low, both are huge bias cases on your part... It's ridiculous to say that Robinson is a better prospect than Prince... It's not really close in Prince's favour

I like Cole Schneider but he is a bit old to be considered that high, but this one really not as shocking as some of your other choices (talking for talking)

Endlund is an interesting prospect. Seems like some people didnt have him till a late round pick. I think its fair for some people to have him a bit low on there list but hes seemingly doing well.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
ok why not

If you read the first line of my post I said, "I'm guessing the first 10 maybe make the NHL, but not so sure about the next 10." And that is how I made my list based on who I thought would make it to the NHL & not necessarily with Ottawa. I understand most made their list ranking the prospects by HF standards which I don't necessarily agree with it. The bottom ten ranked players I'm just not sure they will ever be NHL players due to size for some & that the organization could have better players above them in those positions for others. NHL teams need different kinds of players to make a full roster & IMO some of the guys I have ranked higher are because I think they have more roster options than others.

I've ranked Buddy Robinson high because he has the rare combination of size & speed. Prince is highly skilled but it remains to be seen whether he will ever play in Ottawa given the players on LW who are ahead of him & other potential LWers already in the organization who will challenge him like Nick Paul. If Prince makes it to the NHL I'm not so sure it will be with Ottawa whereas if Neil is traded this yr, Robinson could potentially replace him on the 4th line not as an enforcer but as a big 4th line player with speed or if Condra is not re-signed. Prince will need to play in the top 6 to be effective IMO whereas Robinson can play anywhere in the lineup & therefore will have more roster spot options. So I'm not saying that Robinson is a better prospect, I'm saying I think he has a better chance of making it to the NHL & specifically with Ottawa than Prince. I also think Puempel is higher on the organization LW list than Prince & Nick Paul C/LW could potentially push Prince down another notch. It will be interesting to see Prince & Puempel if called up what they can do at the NHL level & which one wins out. My money is on Puempel.

Regarding Derek Grant I have been a fan for a while & think he will eventually be the 4th line centre on this team once Condra, Legwand or Neil are off the team. Yes, almost everyone prefers Pageau & he could still end up as the 4th line centre but I prefer Grant. It's not like Pageau is lighting it up offensively & IMO Grant is every bit as good defensively, if not better. I could be wrong on Schneider he seems to be fading a little & due to the guys ahead of him he may never get an opportunity, we'll see but he has scored consistently for Bingo the last two yrs.

I like Dzingle he is a good little player but how many more little players should Ottawa have in their lineup. I realize he could be another yr or two away from the NHL & a lot could happen in that time frame but Ottawa has a young team & Lazar a centre has already leap frogged him & Pageau is ahead of him. Just not sure there is any room for Dzingel or McCormick who I like on this team & neither are really getting all that much press or hype. They could be another almost ran who was close but never quite made it but we'll see.

We will also see Wikstrand hopefully next yr in Bingo but I don't see him being any different than Claesson who I think Ottawa will look at this yr but could get dealt because of all the defencemen Ottawa already has. Englund didn't look all that good at the WJC but he is young & should improve & has decent size, I could be wrong on that guy but he will take a few yrs to develop. If Methot isn't signed, if Phillips retires next yr & if Wiercioch is traded than some spots open up but I see one maybe two of those things happen & I have Claesson & Harpur ahead of Wikstrand & Englund. The fact that most of them are left shots also influences some things, Ottawa has a lot of left shots but very few right shots who are good & big. No, I don't see Wideman as a future option for this team, I think he may get a look this yr but if he does play in the NHL I think it will be with someone else.

Your turn. :)

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
aragorn, i agree with almost all of your post. very interested to see what happens with all the guys you mentioned. and eventually the next wave of lindberg and shore, perron,...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
aragorn, i agree with almost all of your post. very interested to see what happens with all the guys you mentioned. and eventually the next wave of lindberg and shore, perron,...
Wow, that's really never happened on here before, someone agreeing with me, brings a tear to my eye & thanks, I'm a fan of some of your posts as well. :handclap:

The one guy I didn't talk about is Shore who I also have some high hopes for, since he has good size & was looked at by the US team. He is rated rather low on HF but I think he could be a dark horse but we'll see. I think Lindberg has plenty of potential especially offensively & hopefully he works on the defensive side of his game next season in Bingo. Perron is another small forward with plenty of skill, it remains to be seen what will happen with him at the NHL level although I predict he will be a very good AHL player. Have a good day eh!

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Francis Perron 2 assists today ( 22 goals 43 assists 65 points)

Nick Paul 1 goal today ( 25 goals 21 assists 46 points)

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
To cap off a perfect day Tobias Lindberg scores his 23rd goal of the season. 57 points on the season

Edit Lindberg just picked up an assist on a Michael Dal Colle goal! Make that 58 points on the season now! Love this kids potential

Last edited:

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Da Costa scored both non-EN goals for CSKA in 3-1 win, assisted by Radulov.

I don't understand what management was thinking when they sent him down last year. He was our best player in the couple of games before the Olympics, creating chances, scoring highlight reel goals, dominating possession. It looked like he was just about to break out as a top sixer, and than bam sent down.

In our organization only Karlsson and Ryan are more skilled than SDC.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I don't understand what management was thinking when they sent him down last year. He was our best player in the couple of games before the Olympics, creating chances, scoring highlight reel goals, dominating possession. It looked like he was just about to break out as a top sixer, and than bam sent down.

Define more killed? Like better at stick handling around cones? Then yes da costa is high up there. But NHL skill, da costa isn't there.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

He was sent down because the Sens wanted him to get some game time playing in the minors. He was sent down right before the olympics if i remember correctly. He then suffered a season ending injury i think.

If am wrong about any of this, please feel free to correct me.

Last edited:

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Tobias Lindberg is quietly having a really good OHL season 50GP 23G 37A 60Pts. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad