TSN: Senators looking to add a top 9 forward, willing to deal picks and prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
While ultimately Melnyk was right, you are kidding yourself if you think Melnyk based that decision on him evaluating Turris's talent and not with his wallet.
True, not to mention you never want your owner meddling in hockey operations like that.

Reactions: malcb33

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What exactly is the hole they're looking to fill? I look at the lineup and it's pretty even. Maybe a left winger to replace Nick Paul?

Top 2 center and we still need a RW

If we really want to be a challenger for a playoff spot we need Paul Brown on the 3rd line

Ideally we need a 2C and 2RW

Coach won't accept anyone that is a defensive black hole, but they don't need to be a shutdown guy either.

Silfverberg and Henrique could make some sense if Melnyk can swallow their salaries.

Are the Oilers looking to move Yamamoto?

atm Grieg not with the varsity, so

Krav + Strome at half = 2.25 + Hajek + Geo + two 2022 4ths [NYR + WPG]
for
Grieg + Pinto + OTT 2022 2nd

something like that, then follow up
option to do Geo + for Yama +

so assuming you keep Strome that is likely adding 3 Fs, losing 2 = net 1 F added.
or if you flip Strome at half or even mo ridiculous w/another 50% retained that is still 2 in and 2 out, and again, that does not reflect Grieg not w/Sens atm

something like that?

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

for

so assuming you keep Strome that is likely adding 3 Fs, losing 2 = net 1 F added.
or if you flip Strome at half or even mo ridiculous w/another 50% retained that is still 2 in and 2 out, and again, that does not reflect Grieg not w/Sens atm

something like that?

Pinto is a non-starter unless it's for a huge upgrade (Eichel?)

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Pinto is a non-starter unless it's for a huge upgrade (Eichel?)
Kravtsov would be an excellent Add for OTT. He certainly has talent and a bunch of cheap control years ahead of him.
Don’t think they move Greig for him. I think he’s their 3C of the future. I’m sure NYR likes Fomention as well, but if I’m OTT I hang on to him.
It’s tough cause Drury is really in no rush to move him.. no big holes to fill atm.
I’m honestly not crazy about krav staying in the East, and having to play him a lot.
Obviously guys like Pinto/Norris/Sanderson/Batherson etc are non-starters.
If Kravy can hit his ceiling and develop into 2nd line big, Rangey, 2RW with good hands behind Batherson, The sens top 9 would start to look pretty. Scary
Tkachuk-Norris-Batherson
Stutzle-Pinto-Kravtsov
Paul- Brown/Greig-Fomenton
Sanford—-??—??
That’s dirty...

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Melnyk is still there, so that's a huge no.

Marner only makes about 8M in real case the rest of the way, per year. That seems to be the limit on what Melnyk is willing to pay a player, and Marner having a higher cap hit than real $$$ is something the Sens seem to like as well.

It will never happen, and my comment was more, in cheek, but I dont think it is impossible, per se.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Marner is not what the senators are trying to build there. Look at that lineup and the drafting, they're looking for guys that are tough to play against.

And then obviously the contract. Wouldn't be so bad if he was top of his game every night but he's just not. Looks emotional often. I don't get it but hard pass on any Marner offer in my opinion.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If they can pick up someone for low cost then by all means, other than that I don't see the point. They won't make the playoffs in this conference, so might as well just suck it up.

This type of stuff is for the summer.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

for

something like that?
Easy no for the sens

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad