TSN: Senators looking to add a top 9 forward, willing to deal picks and prospects

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Ideally we need a 2C and 2RW

Coach won't accept anyone that is a defensive black hole, but they don't need to be a shutdown guy either.

Silfverberg and Henrique could make some sense if Melnyk can swallow their salaries.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Some Canucks fans drive me absolutely bonkers man
JT Miller is a PPG Versatile Center + Winger who, Yes does wonder off from time to time.
Miller also has an incredible Cap Hit for another couple years on top of that.
He is a First line Player, and unless the sens wanna pay and arm and a leg, I see no reason why the sens would even remotely go for him.

The off-Season next year for the canucks is the only time that makes sense for a Miller trade, due to cap Restraints, and some contracts coming up for the Canucks.

But trading a top line versatile PPG forward when we are trying to make the playoffs, makes zero sense.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
To OTT: Silfverberg, Henrique, Koskinen, Turris

To EDM: Rakell, Gibson,

To ANH: C.White, M.Murray, Jarventie, L.Thompson, Brannstrom, 2022 OTT 1st (lottery protected), 2022 EDM 1st (unprotected), Bourgault, Yamamoto.

I'm sure it's awful for someone. I was just spitballing...

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

To ANH: C.White, M.Murray, Jarventie, L.Thompson, Brannstrom, 2022 OTT 1st (lottery protected), 2022 EDM 1st (unprotected), Bourgault, Yamamoto.

That is atrocious from a Sens perspective

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Jesus Bro.

Just the 2022 1rst from Ottawa is worth more than what Ottawa is getting back.

Reactions: Deku

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

I disagree but I was also spitballing. Murray and White are big cap dumps. Jarventie and Thompson are only valued because they are former 1sts (I think they both suck). Brannstrom is worth about a 2nd and the first is obviously the most valuable asset. To me, the only real loss here is the 1st. The rest is entirely expendable and we get 2/3 of a 2nd line out of it.

What would you offer for Silf and Henrique exactly?

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
JT Miller is a PPG Versatile Center + Winger who, Yes does wonder off from time to time.
He is a First line Player, and unless the sens wanna pay and arm and a leg, I see no reason why the sens would even remotely go for him.

The off-Season next year for the canucks is the only time that makes sense for a Miller trade, due to cap Restraints, and some contracts coming up for the Canucks.

But trading a top line versatile PPG forward when we are trying to make the playoffs, makes zero sense.

I think JT drives Canucks fans bonkers too. Way to many turnovers, errant passes and lapses

Still a loveable bozo ,but we should trade him if we are out of it

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I think JT drives Canucks fans bonkers too. Way to many turnovers, errant passes and lapses

Still a loveable bozo ,but we should trade him if we are out of it
Benning and Green’s job depends on making the playoffs. Don’t see them waving the white flag, not in the weaker west.

Are the sens looking for a rental or someone with term?

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013

Why are we paying more then Edmonton and not getting rakell and gibson and somehow taking Koskinen. This is without the fact that Turris would probably retire then come back to play for Melnyk and Melnyk definitely wouldnt let it happen lol

Scorvat

Mar 17, 2015
Benning and Green’s job depends on making the playoffs. Don’t see them waving the white flag, not in the weaker west.

Are the sens looking for a rental or someone with term?

yeah same, but there could be a real chance we are out of it by the deadline and JT is the best trading asset we have.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017

Holy f***. I just barfed reading that crap

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Why are we paying more then Edmonton and not getting rakell and gibson and somehow taking Koskinen. This is without the fact that Turris would probably retire then come back to play for Melnyk and Melnyk definitely wouldnt let it happen lol

Because it wasn't a proposal... I literally said I was spitballing. Do you guys not know what that means? Lol

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
hate the term "top 9 forward' I feel like that usually means a 3rd liner who can play on a 2nd line on a bad team

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Because it wasn't a proposal... I literally said I was spitballing. Do you guys not know what that means? Lol

thats fair and im just pointing out the gigantic flaw in valuation and it wasnt even in Ottawa's favor

wtf man haha

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010

I’d bet money the Nucks miss the playoffs.

This is the issue. Never realizing the team is not good enough and planning ahead.

Unfortunately Benning is stuck in hoping a mediocre team lucks into the playoffs and hopes for the best.

Goal is to win a Cup not try and make the playoffs.

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
How about that stud Russian who wants out of Saint Louis.. did you see him on TNT against Vegas? Best player on the ice, bar none..

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Are you sure your not a troll? You have a sens logo as your avatar but know nothing about their prospects.

Thomspon and jarventue suck? Brannstrom worth a second? You are very off.

henrique is also a cap dump. He barely gets 40 points, is 32 and is paid almost 6 mil.

Silverberg is the only decent piece and for sure is not worth anything close to what your offering.

Hell edm gives up so much less yet somehow they end up with the 2 best players? wtf.

I bet you're one of those Sens fans that thought Logan Brown was worth something. Lol

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
IIRC Ottawa wanted Texier or Bemsteom instead of Davidsson/Abramov but CLB wouldn’t budge on either. I am sure we would still have interest.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad