TSN: Senators looking to add a top 9 forward, willing to deal picks and prospects

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Prospects/drafting is something that have followed for decades (and it allowed to make an indecent of money on Ebay). It's pretty easy to see why the Sens drafting is pretty good. I don't always agree with their choices but in the end, they know much more than me.

I am among Sens fans who criticize the most the ownership and management. You can think I am biased all day if you want. People know I am far from that. Many are annoyed by my "negativity"
Not sure what you're saying in thee 1st couple of lines.
The Midas touch?

Altimus

Probably drunk
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2006
West end Ottawa
Kravtsov would make sense for them
Strongly disagree. Him being a RW puts him on our third line. We need a natural centre badly who doesn't have a chip on thier shoulder. The fact he currently isn't playing anywhere during his request for a trade does not bode well for his work ethic. No scouts can watch him and judge his value. We could use him in the minors but Rangers want to get paid like he's a regular nhler.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Sanderson boucher pinto and 2 2nds for marner

Damn I missed that gem earlier

This is probably the most gorgeous outrageous overpay I have ever seen in a proposal. I mean, we have all this worse than that but usually it's people who are simply trolling/fooling around.

Even if a very good player, Marner doesn't nearly have that value because of his contract and his "playoff label". He's overpaid by about 2 M$, Sens already have Tkachuk who is overpaid by at least 1 M$. They're not going to give 3 cost controlled blue chippers for Marner

Sanderson is also most likely untouchable, like Heiskanen was before playing in the NHL.

Reactions: bernmeister

SensontheRush

Never said it was Sunshine
Apr 27, 2010
Ottawa
I have to admit, the Senators are a top 5 team in terms of drafting. But that doesn't mean Greig+ Kleven are more valuable than a 28 in-his-prime forward, who can be extended and not just be a rental. I don't think Greig and Kleven have boosted their stock this past year so they are still valued around that late 1st and late 2nd at best, and that is the average return for a top 2 line forward. Sorry, but they aren't blue chip prospects.

I think your response is more ridiculous... how did you feel with what they got for Logan Brown? Did you expect a lottery pick in return for this draft miss? You aren't going to be happy with the return from Boucher, Lassi, etc. in a few years with your expectations...

Rakell's talent is undeniable, but the Ducks just have a horrible offensive system the past 3 years. He's not going to be a play-driver / leader / All Star 1st liner that was hoped for, but he's a quality 2nd line scorer. With a speed demon and playmaker like Stutzle, and an offensive team like the Senators, Ricky would definitely be able to crack 25+ goals a season with his exceptional wrist shot and finishing ability.

It sounds like the Senator Fans here just want to collect prospects and are hoping to hit a home run on a free waiver wire player...

One year of Rickard Rakell is worth a 1st + 2nd?

Yeh, its not Sens fans who are crazy here. He's not the same player he was four years ago.

Like, we'll trade Viktor Lodin or Olle Alsing, whatever, but we're not just gonna throw away blue chip prospects. We'll sit on those until a better quality player comes along.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xspyrit

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Strongly disagree. Him being a RW puts him on our third line. We need a natural centre badly who doesn't have a chip on thier shoulder. The fact he currently isn't playing anywhere during his request for a trade does not bode well for his work ethic. No scouts can watch him and judge his value. We could use him in the minors but Rangers want to get paid like he's a regular nhler.
Kravtsov would make perfect sense for OTT. His in same age range as most of their core, Ott not really going to be a playoff juggernaut for a few more years, so it gives him time to grow with everyone, can play both wings, mainly RW though, and hell have years of control and his next contract won’t be big.
He’s the perfect gamble for the sens. You know NYR is coming close to getting full price for him with everything that’s transpired, and if he hits his ceiling you have a legit top 6 wing that’s big, shifty, good hands, good vision, etc
Absolutely worth the gamble. There’s a reason he was drafted at 9. A kid with his size/hands isn’t going to be an easy winger to play against if he progresses.
Tkachuk-Pinto-Kravtsov
Or
Stutzle-Norris/Pinto-Kravtsov
Would both be a pain in the ass to defend. If Dorian is doing his job he should be all over Drury trying to get him for cheap as possible.
Batherson/Kravtsov/Fomention could be a nightmare to deal with.
The absolute only reason the sens shouldn’t want him is if they can’t provide him with an opportunity. But they have had luck with troublesome players Like Duclair who have put it together there and went on to have nice careers

Last edited:

3rdWheelNeil

Nov 26, 2014
Montreal is loaded with those!

Which one do you want?

Anderson? Toffoli? Hoffman (lol) ? Drouin?

The price tag of Toffoli is higher than the other three, but since we might need to tank this year, might as well get something for those

I just got chills picturing Anderson forechecking with Tkachuk! No D-man would want to retrieve pucks against that for 3 periods.

Taffoli would be mint as well, just a different kind of good.

Reactions: Bouboumaster

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I'd rather wait until December to decide. If the team keeps missing out on games by a goal but are stuck in the basement, finish the year with the group they have then work on improving for next year. Get the higher pick.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I haven't read the entire thread, but if they are looking for potential offense, with the Stars benching Gurianov for defensive lapses, he might be available, and cheaper than some other options. He's fast and has a bazooka, which for some reason the Stars don't seem to want to utilize to their fullest potential, i.e., it's their way to turn any talent into a solid 2 way checking forward instead. And, Guri isn't cooperating.

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
Havent read the entire thread but I'm guessing Sens want to add for cheap? Because I think Bertuzzi could be had for the right prize ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad