GDT: Senators @ Devils | 1:00 p.m. | Prudential Center | SNET-E

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Wasn't Greening lighting it up in a Danish league during the lockout? Good chance he brought the big ice, no hit game back with him.

I heard he was dead last in hits in the Serbian women's league during the lockout

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
Did we play well today or did the Devils suck? A mix of both? I was at the 67s game.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Did we play well today or did the Devils suck dick? A mix of both? I was at the 67s game.

We had no business at all winning this one. Bishop was on point and had a killer game, but the rest of it was largely forgettable. Alfie scored a few minutes into the third on a backhand over Brodeur's shoulder, and Silfverberg had a sweet snipe in the shootout that went out of the net almost as fast as it went in.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
win is nice and all, but

since spezza went down: 17g in 10games = 1.7 GF/G
since karlsson went down: 1g in 2 games = 0.5 GF/G

nashville is worst in the league at 1.87 GF/G. We've now sunk to 25th with 2.33 GF/G. Give it another week or two and we're going to join nashville.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
We had no business at all winning this one. Bishop was on point and had a killer game, but the rest of it was largely forgettable. Alfie scored a few minutes into the third on a backhand over Brodeur's shoulder, and Silfverberg had a sweet snipe in the shootout that went out of the net almost as fast as it went in.

I don't think it was that bad. If Alfies backhand in the first goes in or the other shot on an open net doesn't deflect off of a Devil's player then it's a 3-1 win for the Sens. It wasn't as far a part as people are making it seem.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Point is its not a good enviroment for Zibby.Wier,Gryba,Grant even Silf to be in...I dont care about benoit,daugs on this team they are not our future...Just think even when this team was healthy they needed help in the form of a d-man and top 6 forward..

Our depth is not as good as people think...Our prospects in Lehner,Zibby,Silf,Noesen,Ceci and others are top three in the league and with a top pick this year it becomes tops..We can afford to trade one or two for the likes of a ROR or a Yandle too make our depth stronger....

How is playing against the best players in the world NOT a good environment. So what if they lose some games. Playing against better caliber players, the last I heard, makes you refine your skills. I thought Gryba and Wiercioch played NHL quality games today. I think it is going to be tough for benoit to get back into the lineup. I , at this time, don't see Gryba coming out of the lineup unless he F@#$ks up in the next few games. He looks like a veteran player to me. I saw him play a lot in Binghamton and I thought this call up was way overdue. Silf played fine and sniped in the oT. This is a physical league and does not have the Run and Gun style of European league. You drop your head then you get dropped. That slows you down when you know that somebody's laser is on your chest.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
also i'm thoroughly disappointed with the puns.

TSN: Silfver Shot
NHL: Bish upon a star

really? No "Bishop Exorcises Devils"

jasonjim

Nov 1, 2006
OTTAWA
Stone isn't ready for the NHL, so forget that idea for awhile.

Silf is learning the NHL game, give him time he has the skill.

Stone in the NHL, the one game I saw him. A really neat pass to Spezza which resulted in a goal, a pass which I haven't seen made by any other Senator this year. Hmmm!

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Pfew, we escaped this with a win! For once, the refs were on our side, trying all they could to help us tank, but that wasn't meant to be.

My top 3 Sens:

- Bishop: we should use him in every shoot out and just instruct him to look big and not move.

- Turris: hard-working as usual. Vision and variety lacking though.

- Jakiel Alfredberg.

Not Da Costa's best game, but what can you expect when you put him on a no-finish line?

Doesn't seem Greening learned any lesson from his benching. Still his usual lethargic and invisible self.

I don't want to see Gonchar on the PP ever again. There, I said it. Unfortunately we don't have much in the way of alternatives though.

Guys who shouldn't see the AHL ever again: Da Costa, Bishop (well he probably won't simply because of his contract), Wiercioch.

Guys who need more seasoning in the AHL but will be back for sure: Ziba, Gryba. Gryba has size and skating, but the puck handling is lacking.

Guy who could use the seasoning but probably won't: Silfverberg.

Guy who should go back to the AHL and hopefully stay there: DD. His skating reminds me of someone I know well: ME.

Guy who ???: Grant had 6' of ice time.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
Silf - Turris - Alfie as a whole were all pretty good today. Could've had a few with some luck on their side.

As a 2nd line, they'd be great. It's just unfortunate it's now our 1st line.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Stone in the NHL, the one game I saw him. A really neat pass to Spezza which resulted in a goal, a pass which I haven't seen made by any other Senator this year. Hmmm!

I ve seen him a fair amount. I think he has the scoring ability but my be a bit shy on big league skating. That being said Dizzy and Grant aren't elite skaters either and they are contributing. Bottom line he is hurt.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Must perface this, i hate OTT like the fires of many burning suns.

But none the less, quality, gut check win over a hot team. Gratz.:)

KarlssonMarx

Be Red
Mar 1, 2012
Halifax
I've liked Gryba's game quite a bit since he's been called up. Might just be the fact that he's playing so many quality minutes with our thin defense, which makes him more noticeable, but I think he's easily outplayed Boro with the big team.

Also, pretty surprised that DD hasn't tried to lay any big hits or fight anyone yet, just to make an impression.

pepty

Let's win it all
Feb 22, 2005
Silf - Turris - Alfie as a whole were all pretty good today. Could've had a few with some luck on their side.

As a 2nd line, they'd be great. It's just unfortunate it's now our 1st line.

http://www.senatorsextra.com/feature/alfie-ends-scoring-drought-sens-halt-losing-slide

The newly-formed line of Kyle Turris between Alfredsson on the right and Silfverberg on the left looks like it has a chance to stick.

“(Silfverberg is) a guy that definitely has offensive abilities,†Alfredsson said. “It was the first time today we played together and I thought we had some chemisty.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad