GDT: Senators @ Devils | 1:00 p.m. | Prudential Center | SNET-E

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Must perface this, i hate OTT like the fires of many burning suns.

But none the less, quality, gut check win over a hot team. Gratz.:)

Quality? Sens sucked and did not deserve even 1 point.

EDIT: Considering no Spezza and Karlsson we played good.

Last edited:

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
I wonder if we can pull a Nashville/Phoenix and make the playoffs. Spezza/Michalek would return, and we could acquire a rental if we are in a good position.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Our calling card for the rest of the 2013 season.

This may be incentive for some players to step out of their comfort zone of being defensive players and actually contribute more offensively..ie Phillips, Smith, Gryba, Greening,Methot etc. This may actually trigger a positive development.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I think it is time to sit Zack Smith. He hasn't been a factor in any games this year. We saw what type of player he can be last year, we need him to get back to that level.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
I take back my comments about the linesmen, they clearly saved their A game for the Nashville-Colorado game.

ippe86.jpg

Rumcajs

Jul 25, 2010
Ottawa
I think it is time to sit Zack Smith. He hasn't been a factor in any games this year. We saw what type of player he can be last year, we need him to get back to that level.

Smith is always a presence on the ice. Very noticeable but rarely does his work in the offensive zone lead to goals. At least this season.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
If anyone hopes we get a high pick this season, I think they'll be disappointed. Anderson/Bishop + playing defensively is going to keep us in games.

Methot continues to look good. No wonder Karlsson/Methot works so well.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It will come for Smith. He's working hard and he does a lot of good things for our team. He's physical, and he plays very well defensively. Give it time.

This team can still put in a blue-collar effort and give hell to most teams.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
This may be incentive for some players to step out of their comfort zone of being defensive players and actually contribute more offensively..ie Phillips, Smith, Gryba, Greening,Methot etc. This may actually trigger a positive development.

Finally a positive post.

Isn't Smith our best centre at faceoffs? It almost seems like everybody wants our depth players to play like Spezza & Karlsson. We're a different team now & we have to play differently to win games, more dump & chase, more mucking it up in the corners & crashing the net hoping for rebounds. If we can keep the score low it's in our favour to win it late, or in overtime or the shootout. We are obviously a less offensive team but play a very good defensive game & are difficult to play against. This will help the team overall when the offensive guys return for the playoffs or next season.

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Finally a positive post.

Isn't Smith our best centre at faceoffs? It almost seems like everybody wants our depth players to play like Spezza & Karlsson. We're a different team now & we have to play differently to win games, more dump & chase, more mucking it up in the corners & crashing the net hoping for rebounds. If we can keep the score low it's in our favour to win it late, or in overtime or the shootout. We are obviously a less offensive team but play a very good defensive game & are difficult to play against. This will help the team overall when the offensive guys return for the playoffs or next season.

Turris has been our best for the past few games, but I totally agree with this post -- some people are expecting our players to change the way they play just because we're missing our top guys, and that's just not going to happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad