GDT: Semifinal - May 25 - Canada vs Czech Republic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Man... this concludes a long history of Euro Czechs being crushed early against strong teams ... Stepanek, Salak, Jan Kovar... all get starts over NHL goalie and get crushed.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
****en fantastic start! Can't say I've enjoyed Bartosak in this game... I know Czechs get mad when I point out Extraliga guys don't beat NHLers but that's 2 very questionable goals.

You're right. Only time Czech team won the tournament without exceptional goaltending was in 2000 as far as I know. Every other gold was closely tied with top class goaltending.

Reactions: Legend Leinonen

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
First game is always the toughest. Reminds me of the team Finland Olympic team in 2014. The first period especially against Austria was atrocious for Finland. Horrible defensive play in that game.
Yep, it's just the way it goes at this tournament in the early stages, in many tournaments actually, everyone who follows this tournament should all be aware of this, it's amazing how so many do not.

I mean, how many examples do they need year after year to figure this stuff out?

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
It's over... this is starting to look like a World Junior game. Stone against Musil in the corner...

Need to put in Francouz and hope for a change in momentum... even if you don't blame Bartosak.

Francouz can do sh** when our forward are unable to make a pass or shoot, at least I knew why I bought 5 beers today.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Bartosak was not sharp on the second, paid the price for Palat not picking up his man on the 3rd. Canada continues to plug away...The team with the worst Canadian roster ever according to some in Canada ...is close to playing the team the Finnish fans call their worst ever.

garbageteam

Jan 7, 2010
Frankly was hoping for a classic CAN-RUS matchup with pretty elite players from both sides, but I'll take another guaranteed medal if this result can hold up.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Guess we know what team has all the luck today
I mean, watching us bench NHLer's and then watching NHLers beat the shit out of Extrliga guys isn't 'luck'. I can't even think of one thing to complain about with respect to Canada... they're playing awesome. Stone is killing us. Murray is outplaying our goalie. Their d has scored a goal.

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
If there is something good its that Czech - Russia bronze game certainly won't lack of intensity.

If I'm correct its for Czechs almost like Sweden is for Finland. Or is that game Czech-Slovakia?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad